Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My Class 3 KOH Descender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2018, 10:21 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Class 3 KOH Descender

Scored a deal on a set of complete Integy fanned axles I just couldn't pass up. Ended up using the front axles but decided to pick up one of the SSD centered housings for the rear. Also grabbed a set of the SSD knuckles

Also found some of my old stuff when I was making swaybar kits so got one set up in the rear

Trans wise I had a RC4WD 2 speed still new in the box that's been sitting for prob 4+ years. Also dug up an old Holmes Hobbies 10T colbalt puller motor I picked up and had never used. Stock location for the shift servo is on top of the tranny and was just going to be too high. Made up a plate and some new linkage and relocated it under the hood in front of the trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
derwood21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2018, 10:29 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Last week I had everything pretty much mocked up on the chassis. Had to make a few adjustments on the original links to work with the wraith axles and not interfere with the drivelines

Old 01-20-2018, 10:42 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Finally got all my lighting figured out and in hand. Made a run to Home Depot to pick up a new thing of mapp gas and some brazing rod, apparently after sitting for 5 yrs what I had wasn't worth a crap any more haha. Today I got out in my shop for a little bit and got all my tabs on for the lights, radiator, and fuel cell mounted. Also pulled the interior panel out of my 1.9 wraith to see if it would work in this. The guys look a little big but the panel fits really well in the chassis

Also got my doors figured out. Originally back in the day I had planned to make them swing open. This time I decided to just make them early removable so it would be easier to get inside the chassis to work on. I brazed on a few tabs to mount them. The same screws that will hold the door panels on will screw the doors on the chassis and should be simple enough to remove of needed

Old 01-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Very nice. I love resurrection builds!
dondraper25 is offline   Reply With Quote