Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project $ MONEY PIT $

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #1

Default Project $ MONEY PIT $

Well I've finally decided to contribute to the site, so I got enough parts to start my build. Its an scx10 frame, gmade R1 axles, summit trans, proline shocks, proline tsl swampers, custom links. The links on it now arre most likely temporary, I'm thinking I will go with either solid steel, or aluminum links. This is my first build so if I'm doing anything wrong, or could do something better please let me know. Also need motor esc ideas, needs lots of power and water and mud proof would be a big plus since it will be a ttc rig. Now on too the pics.

zach.skinner510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

So far looks like you are setup for some serious power! I like the fab work that you're doing with this. For a really solid ESC, I like the Homes Hobbies BR-XL. It allows you to be able to run up to 6s batteries, that will get you some power and they have a factory waterproofing for it for $10.00 more. Only thing is, it will only run brushed motors. If you are of the brushless bent, Tekin. They have a 1/8 scale brushless setup that will make it fly. Keep it up, I like where this one is headed.
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #3

I'm not really concerned about brushed or brushless, just want lots of torque for the truck pull and the mud pit. Also want it too be reliable, and able to with stand dirt, mud, water and basically tons of abuse. I really want the tekin truggy combo, lots of money though and I'm not sure how it will hold up to the mud and water though
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

That's a sweet looking build... really digging the old school clod body. I would definitely make some solid links. They will be considerably stronger and will look cool too! I like to use aluminum and Polish it, for a little bling.... lol
jessejoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

definately will be following this build!!!
George Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach.skinner510 View Post
I'm not really concerned about brushed or brushless, just want lots of torque for the truck pull and the mud pit. Also want it too be reliable, and able to with stand dirt, mud, water and basically tons of abuse. I really want the tekin truggy combo, lots of money though and I'm not sure how it will hold up to the mud and water though
You can't be worried about cost with a name like "Money Pit"

I am running the rx8 and 1550 t8 tekin setup on 6s in my ttc. I still need to water proof it but I would go any other route. I love the instant speed and power.
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by klabeaume View Post
You can't be worried about cost with a name like "Money Pit"

I am running the rx8 and 1550 t8 tekin setup on 6s in my ttc. I still need to water proof it but I would go any other route. I love the instant speed and power.
Yeah you got me there, just have to figure out how to waterproof the esc and ill be good to go. I guess we will see how well the axles can handle the power of the tekin combo!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #8

No real update waiting on some styrene to finish some bodywork. Quick question should I use a tekin 1350kv or a 1550kv? Thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Either one will be fine. That little of rpm difference can be tuned to your liking with grating. I am running the 1550 on 6s . I would get the 1350 if I was doing it over again just for the slow control.
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote