Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: LCC Class 3 Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Cool, thanks. I am thinking of just bending one out of aluminum and putting several holes in it for the upper links to mount through so I can clock the axle if I ever want to. Plus it is free.

Any pictures of the bruder body being mocked up?
tdlosinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I'll get some pics tonight. It is a lot of trimimg ,I am hoping to have it ready for our Clubs end of year pic-nic on Sun. I still have to get my RC4WD gears in my XR10 to comp it Sun. Too much stuff to do.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

OK I know it is going to be a top heavy pig but the body was only $20. So here is what I have so far.

Uncut side

Cut side

Old 09-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

OK electronics are in and I had to do some more trimming on the Bruder chassis and cut a hole in the bed for the ESC to breathe.

still looking for a solid way to attach the plastic chassis to the X-Trail chassis. I also have to make a cover for the hole I cut in the bed.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I decided to stick with the Honcho body on mine. I had some RC4WD rock sliders that fit the way I had cut body, like they were made for it. So I drilled and tapped a couple holes and mounted them. I also tried a couple things just to see how they would look with respect to the bed. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I still need to add an interior, but this is how it sits now:

jlsandkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Yours has to be unstoppable with that honcho body on it. The Bruder is not as top heavy as I thought. I need to get a BEC on the servo and I'll be good to go. I wish I did not get rid of my honcho body.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Yours has to be unstoppable with that honcho body on it. The Bruder is not as top heavy as I thought. I need to get a BEC on the servo and I'll be good to go. I wish I did not get rid of my honcho body.
Your right, on mine I wanted to keep it from getting too top heavy. I am trying to make a scaler that can crawler as close to a competition rig as I can get. I am finding that as good as scale tires are getting that they still seem to not be quite as capable as competition tires (which I guess is kind of the point).

Old 09-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

jlsandkes im digging your creation ive been debating on turning my LCC into a scaler i think you have me sold
lifted_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted_xj View Post
jlsandkes im digging your creation ive been debating on turning my LCC into a scaler i think you have me sold
I would tell you to definitely go for it. I went down this path because I had too much money tied up in my LCC and couldn't bring myself to sell it here for a couple hundred bucks. It has been an easy conversion that works well (I need to get some video posted). I have even considered setting it up with 4WS as it would be easy to do. Unfortunately, I don't currently have a TX capable of running 4WS and Dig.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Not trying to hijack but i recently did a conversion to my LCsCale .
I went with a SCX10 Chassis and was able to integrate most everything very easily. Gonna shake it down for a bit then start some tube work and add a unimog cab.

CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSafety View Post
Not trying to hijack but i recently did a conversion to my LCsCale .
I went with a SCX10 Chassis and was able to integrate most everything very easily. Gonna shake it down for a bit then start some tube work and add a unimog cab.
No worries, feel free to post updates as you continue to add to your rig. I look forward to seeing it with the body and the tube work done. I thought about using the SCX-10 frame when I built mine, but wasn’t sure if it would work – obviously it does. Well done .
Old 10-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

nice...I really want to build a scale rig with LCC axle.
I have LCC axle, but still need the trans
Well, could anyone tell me what is the good motor set up with LCC axle + trans??

thanks
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I been building a mix LNC / LCC class 3 TTC style for almost a year now and the performance has been great. Really went with a different suspension design...Works well, but may change up a bit. Also going with a big outrunner on 6s shortly I'll post up two links. The first is the original( similar to your build ) the second is the current incarnation
Winter Project: LCC Scaler Build - Nostr Forums
Losi TTC Build - Nostr Forums
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Here is some video of the rig in action, Sorry, Its long
My rig starts at 4.28
NOSTR @ Joe's(1/2) - YouTube
Old 10-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Looks good GiJoe.

I am working on moving to a new house this week so i'm hoping to get started on the tube work sometime soon. Till then i threw on an old courier body i had from an old build. The good thing about using the SCX10 chassis is there are so many after market parts that will fit right up to it. The frame rails are even stock width.
CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Thanks CaptainSafety, Tube work and the new HPI 79 Ford body are in my immediate (winter build) future as well! Eventually, I'll start my own build thread and stop piggybacking. Until then, all class 3's on this thread look great and i 'll be following the progress
Old 11-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

GiJoe, both your rigs look great and I have never seen anything like the second one, but it works really well from what I could see in the video. By the way, I really enjoyed the video.

On mine, I have been messing around with another bed. I not sure if I like this one more that the other one. What do you guys think?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #38

Default Awesome

The new bed is great - you need some inner front fenders to clean it up, I definately need to get to work on my x trail
nutoscaln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

That flatbed looks good...Might pair well with the new '79 Ford body Good inspiration! I also like those rock sliders, how long are the stand-offs that go to the chassis? I may buy those instead of build...
Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
That flatbed looks good...Might pair well with the new '79 Ford body Good inspiration! I also like those rock sliders, how long are the stand-offs that go to the chassis? I may buy those instead of build...
Here are the dimensions, sorry for the delay (couldn’t get my new computer to recognized my really old camera).