Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Favorite scale snow tire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Favorite scale snow tire?

OK..I need some opinions on picking a 2.2 snow tire for a TTC.. Based on what I've searched so far, I'm down to either Pro-line TSL's, or RC4WD TSL's or Mud Slingers..I've heard stories about the Pro-line TSL's losing their bead, but I'll prob'ly be shoo-gooing the tires in anyway..Also, I'm running RC4WD beadlocks, and I've had problems in the past getting Proline tires to seat properly in RC4WD BL's..

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by the_ghetto_rig; 10-08-2011 at 11:36 PM.
the_ghetto_rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I'm no pro at snow, but rc4wd tsls on their beadlocks mount up perfectly and if you cut the small lugs out, you'd have some paddle action. I love my setup on my 2.2 rig. Mixing parts can be a little tricky, but guys have done it with work. That's all I've got.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The Mud Slingers have worked great for me, uncut. Haven't cut mine yet, however I can't see how they'd be worse after a good ol cut session.

One thing I found was taking the rig straight from inside and wheeling it in the snow, the tires being ~70 when they hit the snow made them pac up like mad, as seen in the picture above. This would of course happen with any tire, the slingers did clean out well, and got as much go forward traction as a non-paddle tire could get.

If I had to choose a non "Super Swamper Bogger" tire, I'd go Pro-line TSLs all the way for snow wheeling. I've not wheeled with them on my rc, however the TSLs work great on my 1:1

Last edited by Ramination; 10-10-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote