Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Hulkwerks F-150 Prerunner/Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
[HOONIGAN]

Default Hulkwerks F-150 Prerunner/Crawler

So I just bought this bad ass Hulk chassis and body. I've wanted this thing ever since I've been into rc crawling and it has finally found it's way too me. A lot of you may recognize it from back when 1badjeepbruiser owned it.

Plans for it right now are to use everything off of my PSC Bruiser while I finish up the tube work on it. I know the axles are going to be way too wide but this stuff is just temporary cause I have no more money.

WK axles
pede tranny
55t Hand wound
Axial beadlocks
Narrowed M2k's
Mamba Max
Castle BEC
3 and 4-Cell a123 batts
MG 995 servo's

Here's some pics of what it looks like right now, now to start bolting everything up. Also, there's a pic of what it used to look like back when 1bjb used to own it.

Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
~THE SCALE SHOP~

ive followed this truck threw out its life as well. had it been anything other than a ford i would have owned it long ago lol.
im looking forward to see your plans with it. wish you had some TLT axles to put under i though. i wouldnt mind seeing it with some crushers under it too......
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Cool, when you upgrade do you plan on axial axles? Does anyone make a truss? I think they would look awesome like that with the straight axles from rcp. But thats the futurs. I think everything cool on this site was once owned by 1bjb. If that thread I beleive Stang killa started on the scale tires gets a tire made maybe a claw like tire would look good. Pretty sure it will turn out great what ever you do even if you send it to me (oops did I say that out loud)
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I dont mean to PW your thread up, but I have one of those F-150 bodies unpainted if your in need of a new one.

I will be watching, it was a sweet truck before, Im sure it will be even better when your done with it.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Sinking with the ship

Hellz yeah Rich It looks 10x better in Orange the frame, I was to lazy to repaint it also looks better with the bottom piece cut off of the frame. cant wait to see your plans for it.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
ive followed this truck threw out its life as well. had it been anything other than a ford i would have owned it long ago lol.
im looking forward to see your plans with it. wish you had some TLT axles to put under i though. i wouldnt mind seeing it with some crushers under it too......
Thanks Killa, I'm thinking axial axles when I get more $$. I'm done with tlt axles, they're just not strong enough even after you upgrade everything. I've seen near stock axial axles hold up to stuff decked out tlt axles wouldn't have.

I might stick with the narrowed m2k's for tires. I would love to run some crushers, but I think they would be way too big. I've got some soft slingers, but I don't think fit with the look I'm going for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cembom View Post
Cool, when you upgrade do you plan on axial axles? Does anyone make a truss? I think they would look awesome like that with the straight axles from rcp. But thats the futurs. I think everything cool on this site was once owned by 1bjb. If that thread I beleive Stang killa started on the scale tires gets a tire made maybe a claw like tire would look good. Pretty sure it will turn out great what ever you do even if you send it to me (oops did I say that out loud)
Thanks, axial axles are in the plan with all the goodies just like my comp rig. A truss will definitely look good, my WK axles have prerunner style trusses front and rear that I made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
I dont mean to PW your thread up, but I have one of those F-150 bodies unpainted if your in need of a new one.

I will be watching, it was a sweet truck before, Im sure it will be even better when your done with it.
I'm probably good on bodies, this one is in pretty good shape still and I'm getting the original white body from 1bjb, but I'm always open for donations.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Hellz yeah Rich It looks 10x better in Orange the frame, I was to lazy to repaint it also looks better with the bottom piece cut off of the frame. cant wait to see your plans for it.
Thanks Mike, hopefully it will end up looking as good as it did when you had it.

What bottom piece?
I see the front skid thing is has been removed, it also looks like something was removed from the rear bumper but I don't know what it looked like before to be sure.

Also, looking at the pics it looks alot more orange than it really is. It really more of a red, I'm guessing it the same paint that was on there back when you had it. I do like the orange in the pics better though.

Last edited by Wrecker; 01-16-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
Thanks Killa, I'm thinking axial axles when I get more $$. I'm done with tlt axles, they're just not strong enough even after you upgrade everything. I've seen near stock axial axles hold up to stuff decked out tlt axles wouldn't have.
Thats odd, I seem to not have the same luck there.

I can't wait to drive this thing!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

dude that thing is sweat, will be whatching this one
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Thats odd, I seem to not have the same luck there.

I can't wait to drive this thing!
I was ripping the C's and straight axle adapters off of the case. The rest of the axles held up pretty good, I didn't push them too hard though.

And yes I'm sure you will enjoy driving this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
dude that thing is sweat, will be whatching this one
Thanks.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I want one...
ZUKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #12
[HOONIGAN]

Got a little work done on it.
I'm just trying to get it rigged together enough so I can drive it at the comp this weekend, so it's not pretty, but it will work temporarily.

Talk about WIDE!!!!
With the WK axles and the max offset MSD wheels I don't think it could get any wider. Yes, I know it looks ridiculous.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:37 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Love the it... The tube work by hulkwerks is incredible. Im watching this one...
balang_479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

let us know how it does at the comp
Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #15
~THE SCALE SHOP~

lol i wish i had some TLTs to send you. but im down to my last NIB. and id still love to see it with some 1.9s on it (not with those axles though )
just out of curiousity.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:58 AM   #16
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by balang_479 View Post
Love the it... The tube work by hulkwerks is incredible. Im watching this one...
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
let us know how it does at the comp
The comp this weekend isn't a scale comp, it's the second winter series event. I just want to have this running to mess around with after the comp and maybe do some trail rides with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
lol i wish i had some TLTs to send you. but im down to my last NIB. and id still love to see it with some 1.9s on it (not with those axles though )
just out of curiousity.
Yeah, I'm thinking tlt's might actually be the best width axles for this thing. I would love to see some 1.9 crushers on it, I've already got the 2.2 Bruiser for the 2.2 class so it would be nice to have a 1.9er.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:03 AM   #17
RCC Addict

I agree, this would make for one sweet 1.9er!!!
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #18
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Yeah, I'm thinking tlt's might actually be the best width axles for this thing. I would love to see some 1.9 crushers on it, I've already got the 2.2 Bruiser for the 2.2 class so it would be nice to have a 1.9er.
that combo would look KILLER
do it do it!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I got this from Mike about a year ago. It was red when I got it so I painted it orange to match the body better. I just sold it right before Christmas and the piece under the bumper was still there. I'm not sure why it was cut off. Good luck with your build.

Quote:
Thanks Mike, hopefully it will end up looking as good as it did when you had it.

What bottom piece?
I see the front skid thing is has been removed, it also looks like something was removed from the rear bumper but I don't know what it looked like before to be sure.

Also, looking at the pics it looks alot more orange than it really is. It really more of a red, I'm guessing it the same paint that was on there back when you had it. I do like the orange in the pics better though.

Last edited by Scooteracing; 01-17-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

oh,but still let us know how it performs.