RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   2.2 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/)
-   -   HOw do i remove paint from my tube frame/ roll cage (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/360751-how-do-i-remove-paint-my-tube-frame-roll-cage.html)

Siccmade 01-18-2012 09:17 PM

HOw do i remove paint from my tube frame/ roll cage

HOw do i remove paint from a axial wraith tube frame/ rollcage? I got a used wraith and the whole cage was painted and was chipping so i want to take it all off and not sure how cause fine sand paper and flat head screw driver is taking forever lol

bmuzz1 01-18-2012 09:46 PM

Re: HOw do i remove paint from my tube frame/ roll cage

Gel paint stripper works or find your local powder coater and have them sand blast it for you. Mine charges $5 a chassis.

Bigpopa 01-18-2012 09:56 PM

Only problem with that is it is a plastic chassis the sand blaster will eat that thing up and paint stripper will just melt it ............................."thumbsup"

Siccmade 01-18-2012 10:22 PM

I was also thinking the sand blasting thing and im sure they can turn the pressure down so it dont chew up the plastic. As for the stripper i was worried about something happening to the plastic so i was hoping someone has done this and no issues.

RJLosi 01-18-2012 10:42 PM

They can probably use a different media that isnt as harsh on plastic too.

bmuzz1 01-18-2012 10:44 PM

Oops, I just glanced at the title and didn't read the thread, disregard everything I said unless you like melted plastic. Lol

Siccmade 01-18-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmuzz1 (Post 3515421)
Oops, I just glanced at the title and didn't read the thread, disregard everything I said unless you like melted plastic. Lol

lol

rocksteadily 01-19-2012 12:30 AM

I use a media blaster at work and it doesn't eat up plastic, you should be able to find somebody that can do it? Or look in the classifieds for a used chassis that's not painted?

turbomini 01-19-2012 12:38 AM

if you know of any shops that use baking soda(soda blasting) that is really nice as its really smooth and keeps the heat down so it shouldnt melt the plastic parts,

Siccmade 01-19-2012 12:43 AM

Well im just going to get it off with some drywall srapers and fine sand paper, seems to be working just takes awhile. Ended up getting my kid envoled and its going a little fast so ill just finish it up in the next couple days like this.

FATBOYrs10 01-19-2012 06:01 AM

easy off oven cleaner yellow can-no generic crap, it dont work-just spray it on wait a few min. and it comes right off"thumbsup"

Siccmade 01-19-2012 07:20 AM

Might have to try that, sounds easy enuff thanks

nigelpheron 02-14-2012 01:54 PM

Try this:

CARBO-LIFT | Remove Paint from Carbon Fibre

Was invented because of cheapo manufactures that use a non-fully-crosslinking-matrix, such as isophalic acid / polyester type resins.