Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Wreckluse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wreckluse

Ha...that one will leave some skid marks on the roof...

look forward to both your builds...
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Yep he will leave skid marks with my driving. He also need a helmet. Hehehe
Got some work done today my helper had me chasing screws all day. Only got tires mounted. The shocks also got mounted. We are going to have to make custom spacers I think. The shocks hit the frame right now. Then again no axels yet so I can't really tell. Post some pics latter
I am thinking of Yellow for the paint.
JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Oh yeah also looking to purchase a grill from The scale shop
Old 06-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Found me a new driver i dont think he is quite to scale hehe.
Hey cloudswimmer could you post your build on this thread to we can help each other out with evert thing.
Not quite scale but close lol. Yes absolutely will post as I build this up. I'm going to drop it off at powder coaters tommorow for sand blasting. I'm a little nervous about brazing the front plate and extra tubes in as I've never brazed before, only welded 1:1 stuff. Will be practicing on scrap next couple day so I dont end up turning my Wreckluse into scrap In the mean time I'm researching shocks. The RC4WD 110mm dual spring shocks sure look the part, but all the reading I've read on their functionality is a big bummer. Looks like 4" Losi crawler shocks might be the ticket. Have you picked your shocks yet? Axles are also weighing big on my mind. I was thinking wraith at first with Vanquish housings, but am thinking they may be a little TOO wide for my taste, how about you, have you settled on axles yet? Also still contemplating wheel size. I have a brand new set of 1.9 Trailready beadlocks from lockeduprc.com, and a set of 1.9 Iroks from RC4WD that are pretty big 1.9ers, but the idea of 2.2's are tugging on my noggin too. Tough choice and my OCD aint making it any easier lol What wheel size you planning on?

Chris
cloudswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Hi cloudswimmer yeah i kow my build is not quite scale hehe. You will be fine with the brazing just practice. Shocks i went with the losi 4 inch ones i used them on my honcho and loved them. My timberwolf had the shocks that came with them they always needed to be compressed a few times before running the would always get stuck. The package is in the mail with my trans and axels. I went with the wraith ones i like the width. The timber wolf would always tip over side ways. my wrecluse is going to be more of a basher to get rid of stress. Wheel size is 2.2 the only reason for 2.2. The lowboyz is what i had and i scored a set of tires for cheap.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

once you have them hooked up to the axle you might not be rubbing as much...I did space mine out quite a bit as I like it as close to straight up and down as I can get it...I like your wheels
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

the lowboyz are pretty cool the weights are pendulms . Is their a spell check function i can use because my spelling skills are worse than my driving skills hehe. The wheels have brass screws in them that you can remove to help get dialed in. Five screws in each the total weight of five scews is only.3 oz but it helps. i can take one appart if you would like to see its insides
Old 06-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

just read thru this...
scale thing ??? I tried using 1.9's on this truck...it looked stupid small. I'm running TSL swampers on .7" VSL's they were a pain to mount...but run nice now....everyone that saw the 1.9's just laughed...they had to go

I liked the Big Bores...with the stock springs...being as they were red that was a plus

show your help how to use a small tray to keep all the screws in so it stays all "tidy-up". Told my son that when he was 7...the grandson asked me last weekend out in my little corner of the garage if my stuff was tidy-up....needless to say I was glad the little saying has passed on down the chain
Enjoy those little ones man
Old 06-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
the lowboyz are pretty cool the weights are pendulms . Is their a spell check function i can use because my spelling skills are worse than my driving skills hehe. The wheels have brass screws in them that you can remove to help get dialed in. Five screws in each the total weight of five scews is only.3 oz but it helps. i can take one appart if you would like to see its insides
my spelling is worse than yours man...yes there is a spell check but you have to download something...I just never did.
I found some lead rope...or wire, not sure what they call it in the fishing section of a sporting goods shop. wrap that around the inside of the rim for additional weight...works good. I managed to get about 5 oz in each front wheel...I noticed that it worked/crawled much better with some weight up front and a little extended rear link (.75" on the wheelbase). kept it from tipping back over on a steep climb. These are top heavy rigs like the timberwolf...maybe even worse than that, I don't have one to compare to
Old 06-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

here is a photo of the inside of the lowboyz. And i couldnt help my self had to see what its going to look like. I went down to the garage to check on paint i have florecent yellow, floresent green, floresent orange and black white alclad chrome and glow in the dark yellow. i am leaning twards a yellow florecent or glow in the dark yellow. the bottom pannels chrome. What do you folks think for the color?
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Man...you make me want to build another one
Interesting weight system on those rims...thanks for the photos
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

I'm partial to yellow
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

did you sell yours?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
just read thru this...
scale thing ??? I tried using 1.9's on this truck...it looked stupid small.
Which 1.9's were you running? I have the Proline TSL SX and the RC4WD TSL Irok both in 1.9, and the Irok is MUCH taller than the SX. What would be one of the shorter 2.2's? I don't want stupid big either.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Justme, on the color yeah yellow might be cool or that green you got. I saw a bright green Jeep Rubicon on the road the other day and thought that color just looked killer, never seen that before, not sure if Chrysler is painting them that color or if it was custom. Not sure about the chrome, but that's just me Justme ;)
Color is subjective, so go with what YOU like. Myself probably going to go with red to match my 1:1 which is my Avitar. Since 1988 I've always gone with red Jeeps figuring they'd be easier to spot from the air should I need rescue in the desert. Thank God that's never been needed
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #36
RCC Addict

I love seeing these Wreckluse builds! Yes, they do take some work and tweaking to get them performing at their best but it's worth it. Keep up the good work .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswimmer View Post
Which 1.9's were you running? I have the Proline TSL SX and the RC4WD TSL Irok both in 1.9, and the Irok is MUCH taller than the SX. What would be one of the shorter 2.2's? I don't want stupid big either.
I was originally trying the TSL swampers and Vanquish VSL1 rims...they just looked dinky on there

here's a crappy picture taken early in the build...

I now run the same tire in a 2.2...much better IMO
Justme's mock up looks like his tires are bigger than mine and a touch too big maybe...but I'll reserve that opinion for when I see the entire build. I personally like a bigger tire on my rigs
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

you know swimmer...those IROK's just might do the trick...those things are huge...and look real good too...mock that up and let's see
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
did you sell yours?
Nooooo man....love this rig....last time out snapped an output shaft on the tranny though...upgraded to steel. Never seen that before
Old 06-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Hey clanker,

Yeah those TSL's in 1.9 definitely were way too small on your rig. You have a shot with your 2.2's on yet? I'm taking mine down to the powder coaters tomorrow morning to get the paint sandblasted off. I'm hoping they can do it while I wait. When I get back I'll mount up my Iroks and mock em up to the frame, snap a pic, and see what you guys think. Stay tuned and have a good night.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
you know swimmer...those IROK's just might do the trick...those things are huge...and look real good too...mock that up and let's see

Wreckluse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Little Different Wreckluse DwaneO 1.9 Scale Rigs 50 11-07-2013 07:15 AM
the wreckluse!!!! peyton. 2.2 Scale Rigs 43 09-20-2009 09:13 PM