Default Re: Wreckluse

sure enough swimmer

look forward to seeing your stuf...really like the looks of the IROK
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Looks sweet in yellow. Nice build. The mail man came today yipee. axels trans lights and shafts. Might have to burn some midnight oil.
Attached Images

JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
sure enough swimmer

look forward to seeing your stuf...really like the looks of the IROK
Ahhh ok I've seen your rig before, its one of the reasons I'm considering wraith axles and 2.2's. Nice looking rig for sure. Just got back from the sandblasters with mine. Gotta go down to the metal shop now and pick up some 1/8" steel plate. Thinking of brazing it in the whole front section for a winch mount, steering servo mount, and for electronics/battery. Did you chassis mount your servo or go on axle? Would you have any pics of how you mounted your battery/electronics? I should have some mockup pics of mine tonight.
cloudswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Hi all puting the trans together right now and on step 19. Having a problem identifing pn AX80051 the little pice that goes between the out put shafts i know its plastic but witch one. The Ax80051 tree is in pieces. Help please
Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Smile Re: Wreckluse

Never mind we figured it out. Got the trans mounted front and rear end almost completed. My helpers are tired. They are going to take a nap and I will be back.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Never mind we figured it out. Got the trans mounted front and rear end almost completed. My helpers are tired. They are going to take a nap and I will be back.
K nap times over, back to work
Old 06-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=cloudswimmer;3769514]Ahhh ok I've seen your rig before, its one of the reasons I'm considering wraith axles and 2.2's. Nice looking rig for sure.

. Did you chassis mount your servo or go on axle? Would you have any pics of how you mounted your battery/electronics

Thanks Swimmer...that was my first build from scratch...
Servo was mounted on the chassis...not a fan of CMS,
I've changed up my battery and electronics quite often...I don't have a picture of the latest set up but I'll take a few tomorrow. I built a flat plate out of aluminum plate...first one was lexan ...for the battery just under the hood in front of the dash. Put the electronics FXR , BEC and rcvr under the plate...basically on the floor under the dash.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Got the axels built,trans built and mounted. The losi shock gave me a bit of a problem the balls will not take a 3mm bolt so i had to drill em out. No big deal. We took a photo of her sitting on the axels i like the width. Having a little party for the helpers so no more work on it today. We need to make the links next. Paint and electronics,interior. More to come stay tuned
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Finely got some links made. Fronts are to postclankers measurements.per post 14. I ran out of rod ends so rear uppers are done per postclankers measurements. ordered rod ends, 3mm conical washers and rod ends. man i had to order from 3 diffrent places. shipping kills us in hawaii. The shipping from three diffrent places cameout to $18.18. oh well.
Here are some photos. Need to work out a fewissues with the links shafts. The shocks need a rebuild.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Looks good....how's the servo clear the stinger???
I had to dremel mine a bit once the horn was on
Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I promised some pictures of my electronic placement

Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Hey Justme....it occurred to me that I might be jacking your thread by posting so many pictures. If you want me to lay off, just say the word. But I do want to help you and the swimmer.

Sure wish there was some way I could help get you materials over to island, if you need something maybe I can help.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

No you are not jacking the thread. I really like the pictures it's helping me with ideas of whear to mount stuff. The servo clears. The problem is going to come in when I put a plate under the hood then it's going to hit. This thing is as much of a pain in the butt as my timber wold was. Lots more to do and figure out the front shaft has to be shortend again still binds. Got the paint on every thing but the hood. I will post some pictures later tonight. Thanks for the photos they are helping a lot
Old 06-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Some photos the roof has some uneven marks. The paint from spaztix says ready to paint. My butt had to thin it but the marks were allready their. We are just going to have to scratch it up so you cant see the marks hehehe. The carbon look was done with alclad and black. Let me know what you think of the paint.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

I only hope that I am helping in some way....I really enjoy the build the most I think. I had to futz with almost everything length wise...although I did not have to do anything with the shafts...MIP (wraith) worked real good...a little bit of an angle, but no issues.

the carbon fiber paint scheme looks killer man...really like that...
Old 06-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Cool build, I like it! I used Revo rod ends (long) and 8-32 threaded rod. It gives you infinite adjustment of the links till it's right where you want it. Then I measure and cut thick wall aluminum tubing to finish it off. It's about as bullet-proof as you can get, cheap too .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

X2...perfect...
Old 06-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the pics post. That green looks great just! Layed my 1.9 Iroks up to my freshly sandblasted wreckluse today. Hmmm...... If it was a KOH rock racing rig the scale would be about perfect. Kinda torn here. These tires/wheels were originally gonna go on my SCX10/Cherokee build which I'm in the middle of, but they are kinda ridiculous big for it. May be time to pay the classifieds a visit and start fresh with wheels/tires for both rigs. What a you guys think.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Aw...that looks killer swimmer....I think those wheels and tires work perfect...save your money. Sandblasted frame looks clean too...won't see road rash that way. Paint it blue, would really show off well.

Those are 1.9's ???? wow...I was going to try some 2.2's on my wraith
big tire

Last edited by Postclanker; 06-12-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Those are 1.9's ???? wow...I was going to try some 2.2's on my wraith
big tire
Yeah thats what I said when I got em. They dwarf my Pro-Line TSL SX. The RC4WD TSL boggers in 1.9 are even bigger, and their Mickey Thompson Baja Claw 1.9 even bigger than those! I found this rig on RC4WD's site with 2.2 Rock Crushers. That is kinda the look I think I'm after. Not sure how good a tire that is though. Off to research. Thanks for the input!

Last edited by cloudswimmer; 06-12-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Wreckluse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Little Different Wreckluse DwaneO 1.9 Scale Rigs 50 11-07-2013 07:15 AM
the wreckluse!!!! peyton. 2.2 Scale Rigs 43 09-20-2009 09:13 PM