Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Wreckluse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wreckluse

Sweet looking those 1.9 are nice. I got my front shaft cut to lenth and front suspension worked out. Off to the beach today with my helper.On the way home pick up some sheet metal for the electronics tray. The frame looks awesome bare. What color are you going to paint the frame?
JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I wouldn't paint it at all...choose a color for the body panels that set it off...wouldn't show any scratches either

man, I wanna go to the beach
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Hooked up the servo today and it flipped out. Radio is anAx3. Sergio's a jr8711. Any ideas? I also have two hs5995 on the way. Any thoughts will be helpful
Old 06-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

who makes that radio ??? Never heard of that before. do you have any servo trimming abilities with it? Does it like shoot out one side and stay there or just act nuts ???
Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
I wouldn't paint it at all...choose a color for the body panels that set it off...wouldn't show any scratches either

man, I wanna go to the beach
Probably gonna paint the frame same color as its bare steel color. Going to be adding window braces, a spare mount, steel grill, roof light guard, and steel servo/winch mount plate. By the time I'm all done I'm sure its not going to be very pretty anymore lol. Plus rust is kinda a concern too.

I'm about 8 miles from the beach here in So.Cal, but going to the beach on Maui is a whole different twist on going to the beach
cloudswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

The radio is from a wraith kit. Did some resarch and need a radio with end points. Wish i didnt sell my 4pk. Looking at a 4pl now.Going to get the shocks rebuilt today.and found some new rocks to crawl on the penalty for falling of is steep right in the ocean. Hope you enjoy the photo. The mail man hasent brought anyparts yet. Having a tracking number kind of sucks it dosent move fast enough. Have a template made for the electronics tray and a friend is building it as we speak. Probly get a little work done on it tomorrow after the beach.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Tough duty there man...beach looks killer....
I was holed up in an office all day
This spot is about an hour's drive

And my Mantis...love this rig

Old 06-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswimmer View Post
Probably gonna paint the frame same color as its bare steel color. Going to be adding window braces, a spare mount, steel grill, roof light guard, and steel servo/winch mount plate. By the time I'm all done I'm sure its not going to be very pretty anymore lol. Plus rust is kinda a concern too.

I'm about 8 miles from the beach here in So.Cal, but going to the beach on Maui is a whole different twist on going to the beach
Ya, hadn't thought of the salt/rust factor
Your rig is gonna be heavy swimmer
Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Hey JustMe....are you doing an interior ? What's the plan on electronics...where you putting it?

Your 4pk would have been perfect...are you running a BEC ? That could factor in as well
Old 06-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I tryed the bec and the same result. Bummer. Nice
Crawling spot.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Yes the Wreckluse,
Yeah my buddy & I where 1 of the first ones to get our hands on one. At RCP, even the demo. Out of tube, not solid rod. Highland CA.
He had the money & I didn't. Loved it, but Lord knows I couldn't afford one so I made it for myself.
Great build bro....
mattzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

The electronics is going under the hood. The batt will go right to left by the fire wall esc and reciver right in front of that. Will post pics of it when it's done. It's a tem set up. Till the bugs are worked out. I might give the interior a try I have never done one before. I like the idea of the wraith one chopped to fit.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I considered the weight factor. The braces and spare holder are 3/16 brake line not solid rod so that should help. For the tray under the hood to hold the servo and winch I'm toying with the idea of brazing in some 3mm nuts and using a carbon fiber plate instead of brazing in a steel one.

Justme have you considered a hacked flysky GT3B? I had a Futaba 4PKS for a short time but then found out about the flysky and all the features of the hacked version. So I sold my 500.00 4PKS and bought a hacked GT3B for 50.00. It does everything my 4PKS did and more, namely 6 channels. I have it set up to run power, steering, dig, winch, and windshield wipers in my SCX10 Cherokee. Not as sexy looking as the futaba, but I added the bearing mod, a lipo, and an aluminum integy steering wheel and I'm still under 100.00 and it feels great to me. Just an idea. Looking forward to see your electronics tray. Are you going to be adding a winch?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Going to have to google that radio. Any links for the radio?as for the winch not yet the servo is going to hit it and I have no idea of how to make it clear the servo yet. Need to do more brain storming on the servo clearence. Any photos of any ones winch set up is welcome
Old 06-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Hey Just,

On the radio just search here for Hacked GT3B. There's a huge thread here on it, also on rctech.com. On the winch hmmm.....So I guess your running the axle mounted servo. How much up travel can you go before it would hit the winch? Have you considered chassis mounting the servo behind the winch?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

X2 on that GT3B...if my 3PK ever fails I won't even hesitate
may even get one for someone else to run one of my rigs...you should look into that ...
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Here is the link for Losikid's site where the hacked Flysky products are Home - OverkillRC There is also the hacked GT3C which is their newest radio. I went with the GT3B cause I wanted my own custom aluminum steering wheel. On another subject do you guys know what a common thickness of styrene is for doing a dash panel? Also for the flooring that your seats attach too what material and fastening method you guys using?

On another subject just, saw you posted a question in the mean green wreckluse thread on his steering setup. I'm interested in that setup too with that pivot arm that attaches to the one vertical post on the right. Let me know if you find out anything. I'm going to research it too, and will let you know if I find anything more out.

Cheers
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

I used the original dash board piece that came with the kit and cut a piece of lexan and changed it a bit to fit my center console...it was .060 thick.

for the floor board and back of the seats I used .030 styrene, scuffed it up and painted it black. I supported it with some stiff foam and shoe-gooed it to the frame...works good if you scuff the frame a bit first. You can also see my first attempt at a battery tray. It was lexan also, but sagged too much so I went with a metal tray and supported it with a couple of stand-offs.

couple of pics...

Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

you can also see in the second pic where I had to dremel out the stinger a bit to clear the servo horn. I'm going to have to do that a bit more to put a Robitronics horn on in the future...
Old 06-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Ok cool. Thanks for posting the pics Post. On the servo hitting issue, couldn't you just move the axle back a notch? Oh and when you work with this styrene, is CA glue good to use, or is there something better? Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
you can also see in the second pic where I had to dremel out the stinger a bit to clear the servo horn. I'm going to have to do that a bit more to put a Robitronics horn on in the future...

Last edited by cloudswimmer; 06-14-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Wreckluse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Little Different Wreckluse DwaneO 1.9 Scale Rigs 50 11-07-2013 07:15 AM
the wreckluse!!!! peyton. 2.2 Scale Rigs 43 09-20-2009 09:13 PM