Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Wreckluse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wreckluse

I found some .060 black styrene sheets. You think that would be too thick for the floor?
cloudswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswimmer View Post
Ok cool. Thanks for posting the pics Post. On the servo hitting issue, couldn't you just move the axle back a notch? Oh and when you work with this styrene, is CA glue good to use, or is there something better? Thanks again!
I tried everything to shorten the wheelbase a bit...nothing seemed to work. Finally gave up on it and did my dremel magic. I believe I actually had to shorten the drive shafts...but didn't want to

There's a special glue that actually melts the styrene and forms a styrene bond...like there was never a break or cut in it. Works better than CA...and doesn't glue your fingers together in the process ...I do that al the time. The name escapes me at the moment...but I will search and find it in here and get back to you...it's a strange name

and no... .060 styrene is great for the floor...where did you find it ???
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

the glue is called "plast struck"...if you have a Tap Plastics locally, that's where I found it...stuff isn't cheap though...
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

I couldnt tell but if it were me i would 3 linck the frount.with vaq. kit it makes it eazy to do.
wurster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Thanks on the glue tip. I found the .060 styrene in black at bigdoghobbies.com. The dremel certainly sounds like it was the simplest solution. I'm still trying to decide how I,m gonna do the steering. I've been eyeing out those RC4WD Black Widow axles with the 3 link and pan hard. It has a servo mount sitting on the left side of the axle tube. Perhaps not the most scale in the world, but to me its kinda like a 1:1 hydro setup. Only thing is I'm having a hard time coming up with definitive reviews of their durability and performance, but dang they look the part. I already have those new Vanquish AX10 axle housings that were going to go in my SCX10 Cherokee build, might use those too, don't know, this freaking things turning into a major obsession Would need a wide offset wheel though. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
I tried everything to shorten the wheelbase a bit...nothing seemed to work. Finally gave up on it and did my dremel magic. I believe I actually had to shorten the drive shafts...but didn't want to

There's a special glue that actually melts the styrene and forms a styrene bond...like there was never a break or cut in it. Works better than CA...and doesn't glue your fingers together in the process ...I do that al the time. The name escapes me at the moment...but I will search and find it in here and get back to you...it's a strange name

and no... .060 styrene is great for the floor...where did you find it ???
Old 06-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Hmm...can't say all that much about a wide offset wheel. If you're running Vanquish you could always increase the hub. Rc4wd makes a wheel widener (mini I think) that might work for ya also...Junfac makes one also. I like a wide stance...especially with this rig, seems more stable.

I laughed at your comment about obsession...I would wake up in the midddle of the night with an idea and have to write it down.... Then I would change my mind by noon and re-do it all over again...I'm pretty pleased with how it came out though. If I learned anything from this, it was to be patient and sleep on any big changes I made...if I felt the same way the next day it probably was the right way to go. Take your time and think it thru...
Old 06-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

I've been eyeing out those RC4WD Black Widow axles with the 3 link and pan hard. It has a servo mount sitting on the left side of the axle tube. Perhaps not the most scale in the world, but to me its kinda like a 1:1 hydro setup. Only thing is I'm having a hard time coming up with definitive reviews of their durability and performance

personally...I'd stick with the Axial stuff....I believe that you can find a part easier if you busted something. I have a TF2, and I run the hardened gears in my XR...but that's the only involvement I've had with them. But that's just me...if I had it to do over again...I'd probably use the SCX10 axel on this build. I may still do it but I'll wait till I break something.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Got the eltronics tray made and installed today. It aint going to win any beauty contests but it works. Will post photos latter the wife is on the computer I am trying to convince her to buy me a tft2 hehehe
JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Or a bigger set of tires these are way to small
Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Or a bigger set of tires these are way to small
Yeah these tube chassis can handle a bigger tire me thinks. Just bought a set of 2.2 Rock Crushers. I'm liking it better than my big 1.9's. Just buy a set and tell her youve had em since before you were married

Old 06-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Photos of the electronics tray
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Hey that's a great idea using those clips for mounting it. That way you're not committed should you want to change things up later. Hmmmm.... I wonder if those would work for a plate that holds a steering servo . Did you get those clips online or from a local place?

Quote:
Photos of the electronics tray
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post

I laughed at your comment about obsession...I would wake up in the midddle of the night with an idea and have to write it down.... Then I would change my mind by noon and re-do it all over again...I'm pretty pleased with how it came out though.
Ok I don't feel so bad now Yeah it came out killer for sure.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Got em at the home depot in the electronics section. Don't think it will be strong enough to hold a servo in place. It would Work for moc up. The size I used is a 1/4 smallest ones I could find. Also was thinking of using them for hood hinges
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Got em at the home depot in the electronics section. Don't think it will be strong enough to hold a servo in place. It would Work for moc up. The size I used is a 1/4 smallest ones I could find. Also was thinking of using them for hood hinges
Yeah guess there's no way to avoid breaking out the torch. Saw a wraith somewhere using those as hood hinges. You figure out your radio situation yet?

C
Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

from what i gathered on the net we are going to need some thing with end points. i hooked it to my plane radio and reciver and no problems. waiting on the sale of my gcm crosscanyon. from their that flysky looks like the ticket i might buy two one for my helper and build her some thing.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Hey Justme...is that last picture a mock up or are your links hooked up?
Your servo is seriously clocked forward. That'll make your steering quite difficult, your servo should sit level.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

yeah thats the final link lenth. been thinking of shortning the top links to relave that servo angle. it might help with the stiner hitting. so i should shoot for the servo being level?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Yes, as much as possible. A little clocking might be ok and help with the shaft angle but too much will bind up your steering severely. I was looking closer at the pic...can you lower the upper link where it attaches to the cab? I didn't go look at mine, but I think I used the lowest hole to mount mine. You could shorten the upper link or lengthen the lower...but that will change other things as well. You'll have to find a nice compromise. I built the front links four times
Old 06-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

i think i can lower the links with out issues. i have to go take a look.

Wreckluse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Little Different Wreckluse DwaneO 1.9 Scale Rigs 50 11-07-2013 07:15 AM
the wreckluse!!!! peyton. 2.2 Scale Rigs 43 09-20-2009 09:13 PM