Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wreckluse

x2 on the tires, looks great
cloudswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #122
Quarry Creeper

Well I did it, ordered me up some Blackwell axles for my Wreckluse. Sold off my Canon DSLR to afford em. Hopefully the axles dont go obsolete as fast as theses darn digital cameras do. Does anyone know If I can use a SCX10 tranny with these axles? I've got an aluminum housing and full Robinson gears in it, and really would like to use it if possible, otherwise RC4WD has the R2 2 Speed with dig on sale I may pick up, but then I'd have to fab up a new crossmember tranny mount which might be kinda iffy since I don't have a mill.

C
Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Aw man...I'd have to be dead broke to sell my Nikon...
your tranny should work if the output shafts on the Blackwells are 5mm...I'd be surprised if they are not, that's fairly common.
My fab tools consist of a dremel, vice grips of various sizes and a cordless drill....I'm right there with you. I really don't have much room for anything large in my little corner of the garage anyway.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Well I still have my large format cameras, and those aren't going anywhere even if I am dead broke lol. Yeah sounds like we have similar fabing setups. It's frustrating as when I was a little younger I lived and worked with my uncle, and we had a full three car garage turned into his machine shop where I was free to fab up whatever I wanted 24 hrs a day after I got his parts done.

RC4WD has their R2 2 speed tranny with dig on sale, thinking of going with that and a set of punisher shafts, and using the spare aluminum/RR axial tranny I have for my wife's SCX10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Aw man...I'd have to be dead broke to sell my Nikon...
your tranny should work if the output shafts on the Blackwells are 5mm...I'd be surprised if they are not, that's fairly common.
My fab tools consist of a dremel, vice grips of various sizes and a cordless drill....I'm right there with you. I really don't have much room for anything large in my little corner of the garage anyway.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #125
Quarry Creeper

HI cloudswimmer i cant wait to see your build with those axels. if you give me the link mesurements i will make em for you i dont have rod ends tho. i still have 1/4 in aliminum rod. i can drill and tap em no problem for you
JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

you do photography swimmer ???
Large format's are for the serious shutter bug...I've been serious for 40+ years...but just a hobby now. Funny how most of the photos I've taken for this forum are with the cell phone and not the "real" camera. Can you still get film for the larger formats???

I know...a little off subject...sorry
Old 06-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

paint finaly finished.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #128
Quarry Creeper

Wow just thats totally awesome of you to offer. I really appreciate that for sure! I bought some 6mm links from RC4WD and 3 sets of rod ends (plastic, steel, aluminum) to play with. The steely heims look awesome, but there is a lot of slop in them, gonna try the aluminum ones next. Then I ordered some 7mm .045 wall aluminum tube to sleeve the links with for a little more beef. I plan on aluminum brazing the ends. If I botch up I may just hit you up on the 1/4 links, but I'll have to fly over there and buy you a beer for the job The Blackwells will be here Monday, but one area I'm stuck on is wheels. I don't have any 2.2's yet, and will need a set with a pretty narrow offset. Had oral surgery yesterday so will have plenty of time this weekend laying around on pain meds to research them on the ipad Your Wreck looks great! I was seriously considering the same color green for mine, but will probably go orange or red so as not to plagiarize on yours hehe. How soon before you start runnin her?

@ Post yeah I've been a photographer for about 35 years, from amature to professional back to amature. The past decade or so has been with 4x5 and 8x10 sheet film, of which plenty is still available in both color and b&w. I do almost all b&w fine art work these days, and drum scan the negs and print out on Epson wide format printers with dedicated b&w inks..

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
HI cloudswimmer i cant wait to see your build with those axels. if you give me the link mesurements i will make em for you i dont have rod ends tho. i still have 1/4 in aliminum rod. i can drill and tap em no problem for you

Last edited by cloudswimmer; 06-23-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #129
Quarry Creeper

swimmer. postclanker hooked me up with pinions and spurs. THANK YOU! post clanker! now i pay it foreward. most of all its good to know their are nice folks in this world. It made my day. It has run in the yard nothing special just a small pile of rocks in the back yard. The front shaft is still not right but i got one coming from RPP hobbies they dont mess around you blink and its on the way. Their service dose rock!
Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

You got them already...way cool
I'm not using them...might as well go to someone who is....
Your paint looks awesome , that 's a real nice green...

Went crawling this morning with my Wraith...tumbled down a hill and submerged it in the creek....it's not waterproofed
Got my rcvr and BEC buried in rice...esc seems to be ok... May have fried the sensor board in the brushless motor as well
I'm bummed
Old 06-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

As man that's a total bummer. The rice dose work. My cell has been in the pool and came back to life. My stuff is not water proofed either I need to fix that. Got some shots of her on the rocks flexin so will post when the wife is off the computer
Old 06-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #132
Quarry Creeper

some shot on the lava. and a face lift
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Looks terrific man....good job on this build
You have plenty of flex

Ya, I saved the wife's cell after a dunk in the toilet
Hope it works this time too...we'll see
Old 06-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #134
Rock Crawler

looks really nice love the green and the new grill looks good where did you find that?
paleblue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #135
Quarry Creeper

The scale shop he is on the forum here. Do not know how to link his page but if you search the scale shop you will find him has some pretty cool bling for our rigs. Thanks corey
Old 06-25-2012, 01:27 AM   #136
Quarry Creeper

Hey swimmer how's your rig comming along? Love to see your build to. mahalo
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #137
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Hey swimmer how's your rig comming along? Love to see your build to. mahalo
Aloha Just, Got the Blackwell axles yesterday and am waiting on some RC4WD Special Edition 2.2's to arrive from RCP, they are the wheels on that orange Timberwolf a couple pages back, and I'm using the same tires on it too. I'll probably be switching the wheels to Lockedup RC 2.2 Trail Readys when the lug nut versions are released .

It's been a lot of researching for me on this build. I've been scouring all the TTC archives for ideas, as well as all my old issues of Crawl magazine, so I think I know the direction I'm headed now, and hope to have some progress pics soon. I'm wondering if I should start my own build thread or continue in this one. Don't want to be stepping on your toes

So are you finished with yours for now? It came out looking really good. What did you end up using for your transmitter/receiver? You need to go snap some pics of it on the rocks by the sea in one of those beautiful hawaii sunsets

C
Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

For now the builds done. Just got the front shaft to work right. Thanks MIP.Thanks postclanker for the spurs. Called vp today and bought an aluminum case and dig for it. Got some used wraith seats and going to order a wraith interior. My friend who builds all his planes in my garrage and uses all my supplys bought me a hobby king radio so just using that for now.

I would love to see your build here it dosent bother me none
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

That's cool ....look forward to seeing your stuff swimmer
I hope you can use the pinions and spurs Justme...I really enjoy sharing knowledge or parts....it's all good.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #140
Quarry Creeper

yes postclanker i recived them today. they will work perfect. cant wait for the vp stuff to come in. their are some cool wraith axels in the for sale section. wish i was rich insead of good looking hehe

Wreckluse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Little Different Wreckluse DwaneO 1.9 Scale Rigs 50 11-07-2013 07:15 AM
the wreckluse!!!! peyton. 2.2 Scale Rigs 43 09-20-2009 09:13 PM