Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Klampyz KOH thing...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Klampyz KOH thing...

way back when i was still playing with touring cars and didnt know about the world of scale 4wd crawler truck things. i started building a truck based on a silverado body a friend gave me using the 1.9 touring car chassis as my basis.

= fail.

but

i still have that metal monstrosity just hanging around coz i havent had enough hate for it (its the equivalent of a red headed step child) to get rid of it.

so lying around, growing rust, collecting dust. i decided to pull it out and with the new craze of Foff, and rock racing etc, i mocked up a indy front and Trex60 rear axle and came up with this.

now, the tires that belong to those rims are monster truck tires with a V tread so will most likely be used but mounted to widened 2.2 Axial rocksters, just to give an idea of rims n tires.

and for body work, im liking the look of the Proline F150 FloTek, but will most likely just get plain panels. who knows...

first post of this thread will be to judge reaction as wether people think its cool, or just plain silly. so let me know what ya think
klampykixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Klampyz KOH thing...

Allways interesting to see something different, but to early to say weather it's cool or silly.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #3
RCC Addict

so i completely removed all the previous fittings from the chassis, and im really liking the look of the nitro motor in there.

but im torn. if i go live axle rear, im 90% sure its a different ratio to the front diff. so, if i go live rear, it will most likely be rear wheel drive only. or, i can go indy all round, and then i know for a fact theyre the same ratio, coz its off the same truck lol... anyway. help a brother out and pass on some opinion!!

Old 07-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Just playing...

Klampyz KOH thing... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koh k2 madscrambler 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 05-15-2013 04:57 PM
Klampyz HSP MOA 1/8 klampykixx Superclass Crawlers 89 04-19-2013 09:02 AM
Klampyz little F truck RIP :( 11/5/12 klampykixx Micro Scale Rigs 45 05-11-2012 04:27 AM
Klampyz XZJ mini-mine cherokee klampykixx Micro Scale Rigs 11 04-27-2012 02:28 PM