RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   2.2 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Wreckluse (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/386627-wreckluse.html)

JustMe 06-02-2012 12:09 PM

Wreckluse

Hi Everyone after a getting out sale i changed my mind:) and bought a wrecluse chassis. I have not crawled or built in a long time.
My question is will the wraith xfer case fit the wreckluse with out any mods?
I have been looking thru the builds and their is a lot to go thru. Link lenths would be helpfull i would like to use wraith axels.
Current hardware for build.
Wrecluse chassis. in mail
Losi 4 inch shocks. in mail
RC4WD 2.2 low boyz. on hand
NOVAK goat 3s 18.5. on hand

need to purchase
Axels wraith front and rear
tires not sure wich ones
drive shafts not sure wich lenth
radio cheap 2.4
lights and light buckets

any help will be appreciated thanks

cloudswimmer 06-02-2012 01:09 PM

Re: Wreckluse

Just bought a Wreckluse chassis kit from RCP myself. Will keep an eye out on this thread. Was thinking the Vanquish Wraith axle housings would look killer on it.

JustMe 06-02-2012 01:37 PM

Just looked up those axels sweet.

TXJeeper1 06-02-2012 02:07 PM

If you check out my Wrecked Wraith build here in this section you can see what I did with mine. I have the lengths of upper and lower links.

JustMe 06-02-2012 05:57 PM

If i Just look up wrecked wraith will I find the build?

JustMe 06-02-2012 06:11 PM

If i Just look up wrecked wraith will I find the build?

JustMe 06-05-2012 03:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Chassis came in today. Packed up real nice thanks RCP. The mail man didnt even scratch it but i will hehehe.some photos of whats in the box.

JustMe 06-05-2012 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rims all cleaned and serviced. RC4WD low boyz 2.2. Tires in the mail bought a set of losi from the for sale section. Radio is in the mail from he for sale section. Now i just need to order a trans and axels and shafts. Decided to go with the wraith drive line.While i was posting my helper made a lot of progress on the chassi.

JustMe 06-05-2012 04:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My helper and the progress she has made. Reason for bolting on the body panels. So she dose not loose em:ror:. Now to hit the for sale section and find a trans and axels

Postclanker 06-05-2012 05:38 PM

awesome....The "Help" makes it worth while man....she need her own crawler...:mrgreen:

JustMe 06-05-2012 07:07 PM

hey postclanker do you know your link lenths. I just orderer parts from ckrc wraith axels wraith trans and integy lights and their sucide steering kit. now i need to look up articles for doing interiors. I have never done one

radcal 06-05-2012 09:15 PM

I used a wraith interior on mine with some trimming it worked out pretty good

radcal 06-05-2012 09:54 PM

Hears a pic
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/z...dcal/photo.jpg

Postclanker 06-05-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustMe (Post 3765050)
hey postclanker do you know your link lenths. I just orderer parts from ckrc wraith axels wraith trans and integy lights and their sucide steering kit. now i need to look up articles for doing interiors. I have never done one

Front uppers are 4.25"
Front lowers are 3.75"
Rear uppers are 5"
Rear lowers are 4.375"

All measurements eye to eye of the rod ends. You'll have to dremel out some of the stinger bumper to clear the servo arm. You might want to send that suicide steering back....doesn't work very well. Search here in the forum about that.

I built my interior from scratch...bought the seats but did styrene for the rest.
You can do it...

Postclanker 06-05-2012 10:28 PM

Here's a pic of mine

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...kluse/five.jpg

JustMe 06-05-2012 11:11 PM

Thanks for the interior photos they look sweet. I thin I will be lazy and do the wraith one. I need to try a styrene one one day. Thanks for the info on the steering I will search. I don't know what the restocking fee is tho

JustMe 06-05-2012 11:18 PM

Thank you for the link lengths. Hope the kids sleep early so I can go build the links on my sherline lathe tonight. Can't wait for the mail to come.

cloudswimmer 06-06-2012 02:51 AM

Just got my Wreckluse today. Packed really well. Paint is very pretty, but the first thing I gotta do is sandblast it all off so I can weld in a plate for the winch/servo/battery, window braces, and spare holder on back. I'm looking at the suggested link lengths in the rcp wreckluse FAQ, the FAQ is kinda old, are those still pretty good measurements?

C

Postclanker 06-06-2012 09:31 AM

depends on the axle of choice...I used the wraith axels and it was a chore to find just the right length. I made 4 sets just for the front before I got it just right. There are so many combinations of factors....wheel base length, axel, shocks...I slamed mine as much as I could to get a lower COG....you just gotta fool around with it. Even after that, I changed it after the first crawl and added about .6" to the rear to keep it from flipping over backward on a steep climb.

All in all, I enjoyed this build very much and am totally happy with the end result.

JustMe 06-06-2012 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found me a new driver i dont think he is quite to scale hehe.
Hey cloudswimmer could you post your build on this thread to we can help each other out with evert thing.