Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Building a Scale 4 Link Excursion Bruiser w/scale 36" stretch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Building a Scale 4 Link Excursion Bruiser w/scale 36" stretch

Hi Everyone, I have been collecting parts to begin my scale tube chassis with Bruiser running gear with a 4 link suspension. Can someone show me pics of how the 4 links would connect to the front and rear axles on a bruiser? I have seen pics of other 4 link suspensions and as well I have been to a few real monster truck sites. I was thinking of using the brackets on RC4WD that attach with UBolts but I take this is for either the top or bottom links. Where does the other link connect on the axel.
Thanks for all your help, I am still learning as I go here. I am more into the custom body work.. So the Chassis is a new territory for me.:-P
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2006, 05:49 AM   #2
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltwin_52s
Hi Everyone, I have been collecting parts to begin my scale tube chassis with Bruiser running gear with a 4 link suspension. Can someone show me pics of how the 4 links would connect to the front and rear axles on a bruiser? I have seen pics of other 4 link suspensions and as well I have been to a few real monster truck sites. I was thinking of using the brackets on RC4WD that attach with UBolts but I take this is for either the top or bottom links. Where does the other link connect on the axel.
Thanks for all your help, I am still learning as I go here. I am more into the custom body work.. So the Chassis is a new territory for me.:-P

Well I thought I had better photos of this but I dont...My moutaineer was rear 4 linked for a while. I mounted the one set of links to the center cross member and down to the back side of the lower shock mount (possibley the front). The other links were mounted to the underside of the trans. cross member and to the bottom of the u bolts. The geometry was TERRIBLE and it didnt look very realistc. the Rc4wd.com mounts are nice, I have them on my trucks but they hang down low and will catch rocks. What I did was invert mine, used them as a u bolt flip kit and put a center brace accross too. This would be perfect to do a real nice triangulated link set up. I would mount my top links to a brace going accross the top, and mount the bottom 4 links to the back side of the lower shock mounts.

Hope this makes sense.

Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

good luck with you build caint wait to see it done. by the way 1badjeepbruiser vbmenu_register("postmenu_364192", true); nice trucks
Skyjacker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

hey 1badjeepbruiser do you have anymore pics of that blue yota?? pm me with em or email if you do...

thanks vbmenu_register("postmenu_364192", true);
swamped2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamped2a
hey 1badjeepbruiser do you have anymore pics of that blue yota?? pm me with em or email if you do...

thanks
Thanks 1badjeepbruiser for the Pics and the last pic of the real 4 link helped a lot in understanding what you were describing.

I would be interested in seeing more pics of your Bruisers as well... I just bought a Bruiser Chassis and body and thinking of restoring it just for the fun of it.

Bart
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Hi Eviltwin_52s, here is a Jeep Bruiser that I builded like 5 years ago that has 4-links for the rear axle. The setup used all the original holes so no modification to the frame or the original parts. My frame was shorten to fit the Jeep body so for original Bruiser body, you will just need to make the links a little bit longer. Hope this helps.

jeffho830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:06 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

That's freaking awsome!
BrockGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:00 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffho830
Hi Eviltwin_52s, here is a Jeep Bruiser that I builded like 5 years ago that has 4-links for the rear axle. The setup used all the original holes so no modification to the frame or the original parts. My frame was shorten to fit the Jeep body so for original Bruiser body, you will just need to make the links a little bit longer. Hope this helps.

That bruiser is sick!!!
CreepyCrawler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Sweet man. it looks very clean. what tipe of paint did you put on the axles?
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote