Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: F-350 TTC Mattzilla

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2016, 09:33 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: F-350 TTC Mattzilla

I was able to go out and play a little this morning before going to work.

This is a tiny spot of our local Megaton Rock location.

On another note, I've thought about getting an SSD Ox winch for this thing. I know it is a little bigger in scale than this F-350, but I'd love to move a capable winch to the front of this truck. Now it is dragging across the top of the steering servo.

I.D.10.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2016, 05:14 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

OK, I know scale wise that tgis is a little big. But I'm seriously considering slapping this thing up front. If it can pull 66#, it should pull my big green monster around fine. What do you think? I know I'll have to trim away some of the light plate.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:31 AM   #83
Moderator Rule Breaker

Honestly, It cool winch.

You do compete with it in TTC and such right?

I would do a servo winch, cut off all the front tube work to maximize your approach angle. I would simple piece of flat plate with flairlead and simple tight to grill hoop.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
Honestly, It cool winch.

You do compete with it in TTC and such right?

I would do a servo winch, cut off all the front tube work to maximize your approach angle. I would simple piece of flat plate with flairlead and simple tight to grill hoop.

I've never had an approach angle issue with this thing. I can hit a wall straight on and climb upward. I have a TZI winch in it now and rawly use it. As for competing, I do when I can. But I'm not hitting more than 1 a year. My kids activities keep me busy on the weekends.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #85

looks like you could laynit flat and not have to cut anything...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:26 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
looks like you could laynit flat and not have to cut anything...
The steering servo would catch. It already pushes against the existing winch line.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

I was able to get out and play on the other end of Megaton this morning.

My dash started to fall out just before I left. I suppose a better job will have to done soon.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

so.. how many beers did it take to build this cool ford??

im gonna start measuring my builds by how many beers it takes. not hours anymore.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

I don't drink anymore, but I'm sure I could have gotten enough to fill the delivery truck. I think I started this truck in 2010 or 2011.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #90
Rock Crawler

I replaced my servo winch with the new SSD OX winch recently. I had some adjusting to do with the project.

1. I had to move the servo back 3/8". So I made a new servo plate.

2. I had to cut some metal away from the upper light plate. I mounted the winch to the existing lower plate and put the lights back in place.

3. Now I had to make a winch plate and fairlead. I used a piece of delrin and a few scale bolts. If you do this, be sure to use short screws. They will catch the drum if you use to long of mounting screws. I also had to dremel down the nuts on the backside of the fairlead so that the plate would mount flush.

And here is the final product. I am very happy to say that this winch will easily lift my 12 Ibs truck off of the ground.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:27 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder

Really awesome build. Neat to read through your thread and see the evolution of this thing.
Adamgllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:45 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

We are about to start a scale series here in NWA next month. But before I go compete again. I thought I'd change up the tranny to the CCC Bulldog. I'm going to this so that I can drop my motor 1/2". I removed the steel bars and platform that my tranny used to mount onto. I'm going to use a Delrin plate for the new Bulldog. So here is a peak at what is going on so far.

Blurred photo. Has to be the camera and not the kids tugging at my leg at the only time I try to take three photos in a day.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

WOW! I cannot believe that photobucket is not working today.

I put this Bulldog back in with my ROC412 3100 and quickly discovered I have a new drift truck. This thing would be brutal on a drift course. I could not only drift the smooth course, but quickly squash all those little cars that cannot get away.

So, its too fast. I'm already ahead and have a 2300kV motor on the way. I'm sure that will put the truck back on par to where I would like it to perform.

The interior is a lot better. The console is much lower and it has an overall better look to it. Photos to come when PB starts working.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:47 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

Photobucket works again. Here I have the shots of the new skid with the 2300kV mounted. And then the new interior that has a much lower console area. I also put in a new dash with a better looking, yet simple instrument cluster.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

The 2300kV was too touchy and did not pull a good drag brake. I tried out a HH 35T TorqueMaster. It does the job really well. It may not give me the wheel speed of a brushless, but it does have great torque and low end control. The 2300 is going to one of my boy's.

We did have our first comp of the season a few weeks ago. The winch came in VERY handy for course 1. I had the 3100 in for that meet. That is the reason for the motor changes. Course 2 was much easier and I was able to make it through with 2 reverses and 2:48.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #96
Rock Crawler

I suppose I'm going to change things up in this ole rig again. The 35t did a decent job, but I still needed more brake. I think it came down to the tranny I am using. With the gear ratio, it just will not hold a 12# rig on a hill. So, with that being said, I am heading back to an Axial based tranny. I traded the old Axial tranny I had in this with another rig so I could get some more options with the tranny being put in this F-350.

1. This tranny is going in have 6mm outputs.

2. The motor plate has a lot of adjustment points. I'm going to need that for this change up. I don't have a lot of room between the rails or for a console in the interior. So I have to keep it as low as possible.

3. I bought a HH 2100kV XL recently for a great price. I wanted to hook it up to the CCC tranny, but it takes a 5mm pinion. I did not find 5mm .6 mod gears. I'm sure they have them now that I've done all the work on getting this all set up.

4. The upper links will have to be moved to a new location due to the width of the motor and tranny. Those adjustments will come later in the week.

5. I had to groove the tranny plate for the motor to sit lower that the tranny mounting points. That is one of the perks to this motor mounting plate. So this motor is sitting about 8mm lower that of a normal motor mounting plate. I'll take lower weight were I can get it on this truck. I'm sure someone is saying, "how 'bout that VP light on the cab?" I've thought about it.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:47 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

I have the ole F-350 back and running again. I really like this motor so far. I is able to hold this truck on a really steep hill in forward and reverse. It was also super smooth with plenty of torque. It does have some wheel speed, but not a whole lot. I am running a 62t 32P spur with an 11t pinion. I know that most will run a 56t spur, but I like my low end control.

I had to relocate the rear upper links as well. For that job, I did use some CBER L brackets I won at a TTC. I really like that item now that I have a use for it.

I did have to make a new console and also made the dash larger.

That is liquid tape on the wires of the motor. And the extra large hole in the skid is for the rear drive shaft pin.

The new wider dash.

Since it is a diesel, what do you think of the smoke stack?

Old 05-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #98
Rock Crawler

I rethought the idea of a smoke stack. And here is the next plan I came up with. I had a plastic tube from a mechant paper roll and a flexible tube that fit nicely inside it. I angled the top of the paper roll, painted it all flat black and found a way to attach it to the truck.

Now all I need to do is find a way to siphon a black smoke bomb up through it without blowing up my batteries. JK

OR should I just go back with the stainless pipe I showed in the previous post?

Old 05-07-2017, 07:13 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

I was able to get out and hit some new rocks this morning and test the new drivetrain out. It worked great. The brake held well for photos on all of these angles. Fun new location too. Only two of my photos would load. Go figure. Well, more to come later.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #100
Rock Crawler

More photos from this past weekend. PB didn't want to upload them this weekend for some reason. Fun spot that I will definitely go back and visit over the summer.