Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Clanker's Wreckluse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Clanker's Wreckluse

ya...that's what I remember seeing before....and you're right...the carrier rig is bullet proof...has to be
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
The ax10 style plates for axle mounted servo/4link allow for both. It does require at least the plastic ylink truss/mount for the ability to use this plate:

4link is far more durable in my opinion. A variation of that plate is on the carrier monkey's ford scx10 and that thing takes a beating.
HEy, SWEEET!...the plate has several locations for the upper links, but why the need for the truss mount part? It seems you can get rid of the truss mount and the "y" piece that connects the links as well.
Lobonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

It's the 3rd hole that's offset in the pic, the truss/ylink. Basically needed so its not flopping in the breeze
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
It's the 3rd hole that's offset in the pic, the truss/ylink. Basically needed so its not flopping in the breeze
I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!!! The tee-dee-dee feeling is gone, Thanks...i get it now...the axle only has two supports and the offset hole is to connect to the axle mount y connector piece which is connected to the axle.

Whew!!! is it close to happy hour?

Last edited by Lobonyc; 10-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

wow...between "beating our junk" "flopping in the breeze" and "happy hour" we'll be in the ditch before long....

Then we'll just have to crawl out
Old 10-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Haha you guys are too much.

Been shaving all that kinda stuff off my axles, looks prettier
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
wow...between "beating our junk" "flopping in the breeze" and "happy hour" we'll be in the ditch before long....

Then we'll just have to crawl out
BEAT, FLOP, DRINK & CRAWL... yeah definitely wind up in a ditch. My reserved "...abducted by aliens and left in a ditch with a wreckluse and no recollection..." excuse will not work with the wife...

Quote:
Haha you guys are too much.

Been shaving all that kinda stuff off my axles, looks prettier
I've seen posts shaved off and the axles wind up looking great!

Last edited by Lobonyc; 10-10-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I think they are stronger as well...
Thanks Paleblue, post a pic in here if you would...haven't seen that many use the wraith axle...I'd be interested to see what you did. Multiple pics are ok...
sorry it took so long guys but my wreckluse pics are in my albums, (not sure how to post pics in threads) I used RCP's link sizes and MIP drive shafts , I also needed to put 8mm spacers at the top of the shocks to keep them straight . if you notice I made a simple plate hitch for the rear , I am in a r/c pulling club and tried pulling with it a couple weeks ago , laughed my ass off , it pulls the left front wheel off the ground and goes down the track on 3 wheels , but it pulls pretty good
paleblue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

I got it to do that by a simple copy and paste...
make a photobucket account if you haven't got one already...upload your photos, right click on one and a drop dwon menu appears, choose the "IMG code" one...then you can paste a pic in here (anywhere) and it comes up in your post

rig looks nice though...can't believe your pulling with it...must have some beefy gears in it...
Old 10-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

BEAT, FLOP, DRINK & CRAWL... yeah definitely wind up in a ditch. My reserved "...abducted by aliens and left in a ditch with a wreckluse and no recollection..." excuse will not work with the wife...

Ha ha....I can have two whiskeys...and she thinks I'm ready for re-hab
Old 10-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Rehab huh? no whiskey for me thanks, that's the potion that makes you vanish...I'd like to get home in one piece.

Last time i drank whiskey I had gone out, had a few shots of southern comfort(grandpas old cough medicine), disappeared from a club, and magically reappeared sometime in the morning at home in wet clothes(don't ask). BTW that was like 17 years ago.

I got a little wrench time in last night.

Shortened the front links. Upper front are now 55mm and front lowers are 60mm. This gives me 5mm of clearance between the servo horn and the chassis.

The MIP shaft was swapped for a shorter one; aluminum knuckles upgrade and fresh steering links added.

The patient is still being operated on, lol

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...c/IMG_1160.jpg shortend link comparison

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...c/IMG_1159.jpg upgrade knuckles

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...c/IMG_1161.jpg The patient

Last edited by Lobonyc; 10-11-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

I bet you move the top mount back now on your shocks and that would be perfect....

how did you shorten that MIP ??? Or did it come that way ?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
I bet you move the top mount back now on your shocks and that would be perfect....

how did you shorten that MIP ??? Or did it come that way ?
Actually I'm keeping the shocks as you suggested, leaned slightly back (second hole), until i get some run time to see if it handles better than vertical.

The shortened shaft came that way, It is for rigs who run "dig" units. It saved me from cutting mine. I had this in my tool box and it was reserved for the 2speed. Now i have to order another

By the way I've been brainstorming with regards to these shortened drive shafts.

Tamiya's Bronco body is the sweetest lil bronco body in terms of details. Its unfortunate that the wheelbase is so damn short. I've always wanted to use that body but with an Axial SCX10 chassis underneath and the correct wheelbase.

I believe now that two shortened shafts kits will allow me to finally achieve this. Also being that the Tamiya body is small, the only realistic wheel would be a set of 1.5's combine with a small diameter tire (under 4" ). This would definitely be a class 1 rig.

I think if i wanted to try a TF2 or Hilux body, i might be able as well...not sure yet.

I don't want to convert my other Broncos to a Tamiya version and i certainly don't wish to have to maintain another rig...stay tuned, lol

Oh almost forgot...

shortened MIP drive shaft:
MIP C-Drive Dig Spline Kit (1) (Rear)

Last edited by Lobonyc; 10-11-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Postclanker, thanks and as far as the gears , the only ones I have changed are pinion and spur , to 32 pitch just because thats what 90% of my pinions are . Thats with a monster horsepower stock motor and a rooster crawler esc, I was pulling a custom pulling sled that weighs 15lbs and we had 20lbs in the box .
RCSOUP.COM has the pictures from our last pulling event if anybody is interested. sorry no pics of the wreck pulling but they did get my Dingo pulling
Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

wow PaleBlue...that's pretty impresive...I'll check thos pics out later tonight...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Checked out your pics PaleBlue..pretty cool stuff

Several years ago I owned an indoor track that raced buggies . We put on a demonstration one weekend and featured pulling rigs. One guy pulled the sled plus my helper's son sitting on the sled. He weighed maybe 40 lbs, think he was 7 or 8... It's was back in the late 80's...always wanted to build a puller since then.

Crawlers have got to have the advantage....don't think there were any crawlers back then...thanks for sharing that stuff...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Interested to see what's up with you Alex...not sure I followed all that..Maybe two holes back would work better, my first impression anyway...both ways work
Try it anyway ....
Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Interested to see what's up with you Alex...not sure I followed all that..Maybe two holes back would work better, my first impression anyway...both ways work
Try it anyway ....
Sorry man...too much on the mind and it goes racing, HA HA

I moved shocks to first hole but havent tried yet because i still have to replace the "predator track" hardware from the rears. With them installed the 1.9 wheels wont turn. They rub with the rear steering knuckles.

With regards to the MIP shaft question, there was no cutting. They sell two versions, short and long. And thats where i went off on a tangent, lol.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

I was gonna say, mighty clean cut ....
Got to run the mantis (xr10) today. that thing is so easy to crawl with. Managed to talk Meatwad into some video also...now, if I could get him to process it and post some of it up in here we'd have some video proof
Old 10-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Post , thanks , I have been pulling for about 20 years now . Lobo nice rig

Clanker's Wreckluse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just got a wreckluse and need help pontiacfreak Electronics 7 11-24-2009 10:10 AM