Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Clanker's Wreckluse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Clanker's Wreckluse

I'm going to have to go look at that RC4wd hood...makes sense it might fit
I'm also right there with TrailDawg...I've asked several times with no response whatsoever...even in the RCP thread

Alex, I am running the original panels I got with the kit. Haven't hurt them yet watch, next time out I'll bust a panel making metal panels wouldn't be so hard to do...maybe the curved rear might be a bit testy, but the rest are straight and flat.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
I'm going to have to go look at that RC4wd hood...makes sense it might fit
I'm also right there with TrailDawg...I've asked several times with no response whatsoever...even in the RCP thread

Alex, I am running the original panels I got with the kit. Haven't hurt them yet watch, next time out I'll bust a panel making metal panels wouldn't be so hard to do...maybe the curved rear might be a bit testy, but the rest are straight and flat.
Yeah they really look similar and it beats chopping a whole body up just for the hood. I just dont understand how you only have hoods included with the wreckluse chassis but fail to make spares. Are they that much trouble to make that you can't make $$ off them?

I just sent DinkyRC an email asking if they would consider making the hood for the Wreckluse.

Cant hurt to ask.

Yeah i bet now that you made mention of it you might bust a panel, hahaha, always seems to happen that way. Im running my second set of panels...i had the first roof break and on my second set i had a side panel snap. I guess styrene is not as durable as lexan, lol.

I still have my originals put away except for the hood of course. I use them as templates.

Last edited by Lobonyc; 10-22-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Lobonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #103
RCC Addict

lobonrc.

I have to look tonight when I get home but I think I have a new wreckluss hood, I just don't know if I have the stickers.
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Lobo if Dinky decides to make them how about with out the winch molded in . I for one dont like it and plan on using one of TSS jeep grills when its time to change my hood .
off topic -- vintage cars are a PITA !!!
paleblue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
lobonrc.

I have to look tonight when I get home but I think I have a new wreckluss hood, I just don't know if I have the stickers.
Hey that would be awesome if you did...

As you can see the hoods are impossible to get.

stickers are not as important, lol

by the way, John Cena's green top and expression had me laughing!

Thats a great looking wreckluse you built!

Paleblue46:

Lobo if Dinky decides to make them how about with out the winch molded in . I for one dont like it and plan on using one of TSS jeep grills when its time to change my hood .
off topic -- vintage cars are a PITA !!!

I agree, that fake molded winch is not cool. I cut mine out...winch and grill. I will keep that in mind if i get a response. I dont see how they would not sell. The need is there since almost every wreckluse owner has asked about the hoods. Keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited by Lobonyc; 10-22-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Cool , it would be nice if he did offer them
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

I'd buy at least two...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Hey Greg,

got a little wrenching, sanding and painting done on the wreckluse.

My broncos orange

changed shocks position

lights on

lights off

still trying to get willy back in there, lol
Old 10-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Ah...the stance looks so much better . ...good job Alex
Have you tried crawling yet?

Your panels look good too. I really want to try some metal. I need a good cutter that doesn't torque the metal. I've been trying to wear out my poor little dremel for weeks now. The hood is key for me, bending a flat sheet and making a nice curve, got some ideas....maybe find some time this weekend give it a try

Have you noticed any issues with the screws getting cross threaded when you take them in and out? I have a couple that won't screw back in flush...kinda keeps me from wanting to take it apart again.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ah...the stance looks so much better . ...good job Alex
Have you tried crawling yet?

Your panels look good too. I really want to try some metal. I need a good cutter that doesn't torque the metal. I've been trying to wear out my poor little dremel for weeks now. The hood is key for me, bending a flat sheet and making a nice curve, got some ideas....maybe find some time this weekend give it a try

Have you noticed any issues with the screws getting cross threaded when you take them in and out? I have a couple that won't screw back in flush...kinda keeps me from wanting to take it apart again.
Thanks. I havent tried crawling yet. It is still in a state of disrepair. i have to replace missing axle screws and the rear steer linkages. Im debating whether to keep it rear steer or simplify it and go for a straight axle. that's why im stuck at the moment.

Thats a cool idea with hood. almost like jeep willy style.

Oh and yes to them screws getting cross threaded. I have a few that aren't flush. you cant screw them all the way in or they'll dig into the panels and crack it. quite frustrating.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #111
Rock Crawler

morning guys Lobo do you know which light buckets those are ? they look pretty good as far as scale , stance looks good , love those wheels Gearhead?
Lobo , stay safe with the storm , how close to the water are you ? I have a buddy out on Long Island to hope he does ok
Old 10-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleblue46 View Post
morning guys Lobo do you know which light buckets those are ? they look pretty good as far as scale , stance looks good , love those wheels Gearhead?
Lobo , stay safe with the storm , how close to the water are you ? I have a buddy out on Long Island to hope he does ok
Thanks paleblue46, the light buckets were made by Proline for their roofracks. It was first generation. The kit had a 5 light bucket bar and 2 separate light buckets for the front bumper. The reason i have 4 buckets in the front was because this was recycled. The light bar broke in a roll-over when on the roof of my bronco. i removed broken bucket, sanded the bar and mounted them behind the stinger.

The wheels are Gearhead 1.9 mag slot wheels mounted on 1.9 Iroks. I love that old school look.

Thanks for your concern...im unfortunately a 3 block away from the east river on the lower east side and this is a flood prone area. last year they had assigned evacuation shelters on higher ground during hurricane irene(my wife's name as well). Luckily i did not feel the wrath of either as i was hiking and picture taking in Arizona/colorado/utah.

Long island gets hit hard as well. Hope he is not near water.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out...Im so not looking forward to Monday.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Hey Alex, keep the rear steer, that's pretty cool and not too many out there like that. Did not realize those wheels are 1.9s...they look good on there, must be the stance, but it looks pretty scale..Not like mine did. Mine looked silly, think there's a picture in the beginning of this thread...

I'm wondering if re-tapping these bolts will help with the screw threads...I have an M3 tap, might try that...hate it when the head is popping up like that

Hope you and PaleBlue, and anybody's else who's in the path of this monster storm are safe...it's a big MF
Old 10-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Ha ha, and here I thought Pale was calling you a "gear head"....wheels do look nice, and that's why those wheels look better than mine did, nice big IROKs...and a great crawling tire as well...

Do they still make that light bar ???
Old 10-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #115
Rock Crawler

Look on prolines site they still had those when i looked last
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #116
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hey Alex, keep the rear steer, that's pretty cool and not too many out there like that. Did not realize those wheels are 1.9s...they look good on there, must be the stance, but it looks pretty scale..Not like mine did. Mine looked silly, think there's a picture in the beginning of this thread...

I'm wondering if re-tapping these bolts will help with the screw threads...I have an M3 tap, might try that...hate it when the head is popping up like that

Hope you and PaleBlue, and anybody's else who's in the path of this monster storm are safe...it's a big MF
Will keep rear steer, I really do enjoy it especially in the apartment. I just have to find a happy medium between the rear shock position and rear steer. Far forward shocks mean the tires will rub on them when rear steer is in action. i can limit rear steer a bit or i can move shocks a little less fwd. We'll see.

Yep the gearhead wheels are 1.9's but they come off looking smaller.

Here is a comparison with a set of the dick cepek 1.9's. The tires are the same Iroks. The Magslots look smaller but aren't.

Same wheel different tires. 4.65 front and 3.97 rear.

Yep maybe retapping will do the trick. I just try to be carefull when screwing them it...im going to have to wd40 some to make it easier.

Thanks for the concerns as well...not looking fwd to storm, none of my rigs are water proof. Got to keep the sense of humor.

Quote:
Ha ha, and here I thought Pale was calling you a "gear head"....wheels do look nice, and that's why those wheels look better than mine did, nice big IROKs...and a great crawling tire as well...

Do they still make that light bar ???
Now that was funny...had me laughing here; almost spit up my coffee. I really like the old school hot rod look of the slot mags. And them tires are sweet. I have like 3 sets in 1.9 and had to get them in 1.5 as well. They look great and better yet they perform well.

As far as the light bar...i did a search before answering Pale's post but had not luck finding them at RPP or towerhobbies, Maybe ebay?. It was an accessory set for their first roof rack. They were cool but had to be drilled in order to get LEDs in them. The second gen kept that in mind. also the light buckets on outer edge of the bar always broke off in a roll over. happen to me several times. I just kept attaching it back with shoe goo, lol, till i recycled them onto the wreckluse behind the stinger minus one light bucket.

Last edited by Lobonyc; 10-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

On prolines site they have the light bar shown above and another one that accepts a 5 mm led light kit

Last edited by 89lxmorepower; 10-27-2012 at 01:00 PM.
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Lobo thanks , hey if the storm looks like it headed your way you can grab the wife and head here ,I got room for a couple of people ...lol
Post ,I dont think the storm will effect us much here to far in land , we might get some rain and maybe a breeze , if its not to wet I might have to get a kite out....lol
Its cool how those wheels look different size , all mine are 2.2, but Im a big tire guy my 1:1 Willys had 40 inch iroks on it , miss that jeep
Old 10-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
On prolines site they have the light bar shown above and another one that accepts a 5 mm led light kit
I'm going to check that out 89...I like Lobo's lights better than mine
I looked at RPP, and AMain and Tower...gave up after that.

Proline says they are out of stock....bummer

Last edited by Postclanker; 10-27-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

That 3.97" tire looked like my attempt at a 1.9" wheel...just looked way too small

I tried bending some aluminum today for a hood, without much success. Kept crimping on me. Meatwad was over today and we did some work on his 6x6. He thought that a rubber mallet and a bean bag might help ...might be willing to try that

Not giving up on this hood thing...

Clanker's Wreckluse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just got a wreckluse and need help pontiacfreak Electronics 7 11-24-2009 10:10 AM