Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: southern buggy "white trash"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default southern buggy "white trash"

ive had a little practice now and i think im going to make my first attempt at a scale build...its going to be based on CSC Fab "white Trash"

ive gotten some advice from a seasoned vet on here as to how to go about building this. i know my previous projects werent beauties but they were a start...so ill be excited to see how this is going to come out...but i am debating on whether or not to try and go with the rc4wd blackwells for this build or just stick with my wraith axles ...stay tuned...
87yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: southern buggy "white trash"

If you wanted to stick as close to the 1:1 as possible and use the blackwells, find the exact measurement of the axles then blow up a picture of the White Trash Buggy till the axles measure out to the same length and print it out or use tracing paper off of the screen like I did. Only I used the tires as my focal point on my buggy build. Hope that helps some , using those axles and to keep with the scale it may require the use of 1.9 tires. Good luck.
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
WOOPOOW!!

Hell yeah! I am working on the outlaw buggy at the moment, labronn makes some awesome chassies! I will be down at choccolocco mtn this weekend watchin these buggies battle, let me know if you need some special pics of anything. I also live about 45 mins from the CSC shop. Cant wait to see what you come up with
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

That buggy is sic in person. Looking forward to seeing a scaler of it
51JeepWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

well...i got started on the framerails...now i just have to clean up the welds a bit and can get started on the rest...

ahh...the tedious process of weld cleanup...yay
Old 04-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

ok...heres a little update...enjoy...

got some more done today..ill upload later after dinner...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

heres the after dinner shots...

im really liking the stance with the scx axles...might just run those with some small spacers for a little extra width, but so far this is probably the closest ive come to making something that slightly resembled a SB....lol
Old 04-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Great job so far ! I really do like this buggy , she's got some sexy tube work on her. The scx axles with spacers should work out fine but if you can afford it I'd get the rc4wd blackwell's to match the 1:1 for more scale appearance. I believe they are about the same width as the scx axles and maybe a touch wider but narrower than wraiths. Anyway what ever way you go good luck it's looking great.
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Yea im gonna try in score the blackwells ....at least until i get them ill have plenty to do....thanks!

Also. In the pics the scx roller is for. Mockup more. Or less...
Old 04-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Well, I will say this, the blackwells will be a tight fit, beings you have used the axial axles for mock up. The blackwells are alot taller in the center than the axials are. I personally think when building a custom chassis, you should have the axles and shocks that you are gonna run in the end, at the start, and build your chassis off of them. It will be alot less work in the long run.
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I. Just scx frame. More. Or less for width and wheelbase...i think the blackwells should fit pretty. Good....working a deal now on a set(giggety,giggety)....worse comes. To. Worse i may have to tweak the front a little,but i think In end itll all work out...
Old 07-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Updates?
scoggdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

still working on her...kinda ran into builders block...the pics i have make it really difficult to figure out the proportions of the front engine cradle area...i dont know what to do...ive been trying to find better pics from all angles to no avail...and the blackwell thing...haha...waaaaayyyy too much money....i might just end up going with VP scx axles instead...believe me i stare at this all the time and it just bugs the heck out of me cus im so close to being done w frame...

i will post up some pics of what im talking about...
Old 07-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #14
WOOPOOW!!

www.rickybphotography.com

Go into Ricky B's rig features and or rides gallery. If you dont get what you need I will message labronn and see if he can help you out. I was hoping it would be at choccolocco but it wasnt. I think it may have gotten sold to someone who doesnt drive it.. Anyway, you are doing a great job!!! Please dont give up, ill see what i can do for you.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

thanks Colby! ive already gone through whole RBP photo shoot and theres a couple angles that make it hard to judge the proportion in front engine cradle area...thats where im stumped...
Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
WOOPOOW!!

Maybe these will help?

Still trying to find ya some more of the motor cage

When I am building these buggies the very last thing I do is the motor cage. I make the mounts right where the mounts are on the real buggy, and then I just throw the bends at it the way they are in real life. An unbolting motor cage isnt very difficult. If you get some of the Gearhead weld on tabs and kind of shorten them up they make the best mounts for that. See here on my Anger Management buggy:

Untitled by colby419, on Flickr

Last edited by Colby; 07-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

FINALLY!!! thanks Colby! i knew youd dig them up from somewhere! thats exactly what i was looking for!...now back to the axles....being that the blackweels are just a tad too much$$$ for my liking what would be the best axle setup to run in this rig to do it justice?

also if i can stop playing with my wraith all the time maybe something will get done too,lol

heres what i cant stop messing with...

since i changed the rear setup its just so damn fun to play with i cant put it down,haha....ive run at least 35+ packs thru it and it hasnt broken a single thing except a couple of plastic beadlock hexes with are now being replaced with aluminum beadlocks...and i am HARD on my toys...this thing is tough as nails

but anyways when i finally put the damn thing down long enough to work on white trash...i will post up some updates...soon...now that i have the proper pics there will be progress...again...thank you Colby for the pics...like i said i just want to do this rig justice the best way i can...even though its been sold...maybe new owner will have better luck with it being its a badass rig!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

oh and not to add to the pile of excuses....ive since sold my 1:1 yota trail rig and gotten a 1:1 1 ton xj which is now on 40" pitbulls....yay...

heres new whip

with the new pitbulls...
Old 07-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #19
WOOPOOW!!

You sold it already!?! I was just goin to say, if you felt that you couldnt finish it off, id have done it for ya. Whos the new owner!?

And that XJ looks awesome!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I didnt sell the 1:10.....i sold my yota trail rig1:1....lol....no im def. gonna finish white trash! Lol....sorry i confused ya!!

southern buggy "white trash" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W.O.D. inspired family 4 seater buggy, "Southern Comfort" by CFM CarterFab Axial Wraith 489 08-08-2014 06:22 PM
Blakeski's "white trash Winnie" blakeski 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 05-26-2012 10:53 PM
mg200 southern buggy build "HEADCASE" ROLANDROCKSHOP Axial Wraith 187 03-04-2012 06:35 PM