Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Palebluue's Wreckluse build x2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Paleblue's Wreckluse build x2

Guys,
here is the build of my first RCP Wreckluse, I got the chassis from a member here and and started the build . Im sorry for the lack of pictures during the first build , I will try and do better on the next one that will also be in this thread hence the x2 .
Wreckluse #1 has Axial AR60 axles from a wraith, VP aluminum black housings with Poison Spyder diff covers , wraith transmission with the spur changed to a 32 pitch 58 tooth gear, MIP steel driveshafts, Novak rooster crawler esc, HiTeck radio gear and servo, 27 turn stock motor. 2.2 XR 10 wheels and tires are rc4wd 5.75 in IROKs . on to the pics
how I got it

mocked up

painted and decal the body

Then took it all apart and painted the chassis silver and changed the shocks to an aluminum set that I had laying around

Added a hitch for TTC and pulling for fun

and now for the fun yes they are pulling pics but I will be crawling soon with this one

up on 3 wheels

second try

And now on to wreckluse #2
again purchased from a member here and will more then likely be another on Axial Wraith axles and 2.2 s
This is how it sits right now

Yes it did come with the carbon panels , custom painted body panels ,light kit , Axial SCX10 trans ,custom windshield bars and chassis mounted servo mount

Last edited by paleblue46; 12-06-2012 at 07:00 PM.
paleblue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Palebluue's Wreckluse build x2

sweet....I like the support group also...
I see what you mean by 3 wheeling...do all pullers do that ?
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks Post ,
NO and you dont want them to but I guess with the soft springs and the gearing it does , the first time I ran it on the track I stopped , thought I broke something .
Also not my crew , I have hobbies not kids , but those 2 are good kids and were fun to have around Saturday , they kept dad busy....lol.
Wreck #2 that paint job is growing on me what do you think?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I actually like it...but looks awfully hard to do...I think you're stuck with it unless you got other panels...you'd better like it...

my kids are grown and have kids of their own now....so RC's are my kids these days...they don't talk back..
Old 11-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I also owe a big THANK YOU to POSTCLANKER and LOBONYC for pushing me to get this posted up Thanks guys.

I have a new hood and some of the original panels I can make new ones from Wreck #1 if need be .
Oh no theres another wreckluse in the classifieds ......lol

Last edited by paleblue46; 11-21-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Default Re: Paleblue's Wreckluse build x2

SWEET ACTION SHOTS!!!

Thanks for posting them, been wanting to see the wreckluse in action!

Never thought of a wreckluse as a puller...but then again i never thought of anything as a puller other than a tractor type.

Hey...one good push deserves another...lol you pushed me for a build thread i thought i had posted. If you had not asked then my build pics would still be in photo-bucket and not on the forum.

You mentioned that the puller would soon be crawling...what changes if any do you need to make to bring it back to crawling status?

On a different note...I would like to wish you and yours a very happy thanksgiving as well as Post.

again thanks for posting the pics!

Lobonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

The only changes I did to it was add the hitch , thats why she lifts the tire its not set up for pulling, pulling club numbers are down in the last few years , I'M trying to start 2 new classes , 1.5-1.9 wheel and 2.2 wheel crawler classes and Im trying to keep them crawlers with only adding a hitch to the rear axle , no other changes so far it looks like it will work . most pulling trucks end up being so modified that you cant do anything else with them and your stuck with another puller sitting on a shelf . I dont want that with the crawler classes
Old 11-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

very nice wreck. I wish I had enough room for a pulling track (?). That looks so nice. Have fun

Evan
SlickRockSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for that info Blue....wondered about that myself. I hate a shelf queen or a specific rig for that reason. But on the other hand, I would like to make a "puller" specific chassis...I really checked out Fatboy's "Flat Broke" ride....probably a good thing my funds are limited...I'd have a garage full of RCs and still have my F1 chassis. I only sold them to make room for crawlers
I haven't seen much puller action locally (probably a good thing for my wallet) or I'd have another project on the bench.

As for encouragement...what goes around usually comes right back to you. I am only glad to share whatever knowledge I have. Thanks for answering all my questions .

Want to wish you and Lobo a happy "Thanks" day...and any other reader that checks out this post. Be thankful of your good fortunes today
Old 11-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Slickrock,
tracks dont take up much room , that one does but only because it is portable it is an old mobile home from that we narrowed to 5ft , built some custom axles for it and have a custom lift system that we are working on to pick it up to get the axles in and out .
You really only need and area 30ft long and about 4ft wide , 1:1 tracks are normally 300ft long and 40ft wide , just try and find a level area.

Post , most pullers dont do anything else ,most are solid chassis rear end and limited front suspension, even my Dingo the rear end is real stiff and front just has enough spring in it to hold the weight .
I will be starting wreck #2 today and will be taking some shots of the progress.

Last edited by paleblue46; 11-22-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
RCC Addict

The hitch add-on to make a crawler into a puller is a great idea. That will indeed get numbers up. It will be lots of fun making adjustments to get them to hook up. Then even better to get back into crawling status is awesome.

Specialized vehicles, although fun, spend more time on the shelf.

Have a great one everybody!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Some progress today , the donor wraith has been striped . Axles checked and some mock up ideas looked at and a couple of parts are in the pics that may find their way into this build
the wraith that gave up some parts

rear axle checked

front checked

chassis mods by previous owner CMS mount

trying to see how a Timberwolf hood would fit

new grill maybe

and a possible

Im not sure if the TSS grill and radiator will make it into this build but maybe .

I ate to much ....lol

Last edited by paleblue46; 11-22-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Nice pulling truck!
It's fun to read about Wreckluse builds.
I am doing one also. It is up and running but far from finished.

I have to ask: Do you break lots of parts when you are pulling that heavy sled?
It feels that i would be easy to find any weak spot of the transmission chain of the truck.
rofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

ROFO,
no I dont break much ,once in awhile a gear gets striped and maybe a axle but not much . Again it only got hooked to the sled for fun . I have another thread about pulling , both these are crawlers .
Old 11-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Looks like that Timberwolf hood might work....
Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Hopefully it will, I need to do some trimming but it looks like a replacement with out a molded in winch. Im also not sure about the cms mount ,I'd like to put a scale motor in this one if I do I don't think I will use the cms mount for a servo , maybe a radiator support. I'm looking for a good looking motor , I kind of like the rc4wd one ,to pricey for me . I have to find a model motor from something .

Last edited by paleblue46; 11-25-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #17
RCC Addict

That jeep grill is pretty cool!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I have to much going on and need to get more done on this one . Im also working on a Mountaineer resto ,F-350 project ,1/6th Jeep and a custom clod chassis along with working on the vintage cars. I will get some more done on this one soon .
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleblue46 View Post
I have to much going on and need to get more done on this one . Im also working on a Mountaineer resto ,F-350 project ,1/6th Jeep and a custom clod chassis along with working on the vintage cars. I will get some more done on this one soon .
Wow Chris, you really have your work cut out for you. Multitasking among rigs and then taking pics.

I think i would have been burnt out.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Remember how many rc's I have ? this isnt that bad I used to pull weekly and pulled 8 or 10 every week , that was a lot to keep going . Oh I just picked up another vintage , a Tamiya Blitzer Beetle .
Im also working on the 1/4 scale 55 chevy, trying to work out the throttle linkage and position of the servo mount , got an idea in my head just have to work it out.
this weekend will suck to I have a docs appointment friday , wont be worth a damn saturday.

Palebluue's Wreckluse build x2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bigpopa's Wreckluse build Bigpopa 2.2 Scale Rigs 12 01-23-2012 10:04 PM
my 2.2 ttc wreckluse build rockbound 2.2 Scale Rigs 22 11-17-2011 07:19 AM
Xirtic's 2.2 Wreckluse Build xirtic 2.2 Scale Rigs 36 07-10-2011 08:03 PM
Nluv's 2.2 Wreckluse Build Brandon 2.2 Scale Rigs 107 11-06-2009 08:35 AM
Duke's Wreckluse build raul duke 2.2 Scale Rigs 75 11-16-2008 08:49 PM