Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Wraithzilla Texas U4 Style Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wraithzilla Texas U4 Style Build

Nice. Those chassis are beast and will take a beating. You got a nice rig coming along there.
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Thanks man, should be nice when I get it all finished up. Hopefully tomorrow night I can get the motor and transmission in for good.

Wes
WesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #23

I like what I'm seeing.

Will be checking back on this build.
SilveradoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

It now has a heartbeat, well, a shocking power plant that is. Didn't have much time to work on it tonight, just enough to get the transmission and motor bolted together and onto the skid.

Will hopefully get more work done this weekend to get it close to being a driver, won't have all of the cosmetic stuff done just yet but will be a driver. Once I get it all done and running I want to tear it back down and paint the chassis and axles to give them all a good fresh coat of paint. Just want to make sure I'm not going to change anything up before I do that.

Wes
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I am interested in this, especially the electronics location, as I have bought a used wraithzilla chassis!
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Ill show you my battery location hopefully tonight/tomorrow. Hoping to get it more together tonight, should have all of the parts needed to do so. Still have to solder up the battery leads on the ESC.

As far as the ESC/RX/Light Controller (for scale lights to come) they are in a tray that the PO of my chassis had built (check out post 8 to see where that is mounted - between the rear shock mounts). Then the Wraith deck cover I had already from my wraith that I didnt end up using will get carved up to cover some of the electronics, except the ESC. The ESC will get slightly concealed by a scale radiator (from an EXO) so you wont see it much. The scale stuff will likely wait until after thanksgiving. I am just wanting to get it operational to enjoy it on the thanksgiving holiday. Then the finishing touches will come.

Wes
Old 11-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #27

Man lovin the progress of ur rig so far. Ur gonna love running those new 2.2 tsl xl if u have ran em yet. I'm running those tires on both my 2.2 rigs now sine they did so well
Bigmud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

No work tomorrow meant a late night for me tonight. After my wife and daughter went to bed I got to work. Connected the driveshafts (MIP for Wraith) put in a new pinion (14T), then put new springs on the shocks (using Pro Line springs for these shocks), mounted the chassis back onto the skid and hooked the shocks up to the axle. Next I needed to solder the ESC battery cables and BEC all up, so I did that and got the ESC in the electronics tray. Now you can see a little better where my electronics are going to be. The deck lid will get cut to cover the electronics tray except the ESC to keep the ESC cool hopefully.

Now it's just down to charging the battery (that doesn't fit where I thought it would, back to the drawing board in search of more batteries) hooking the wires up and tuning the servos then taking it for a spin. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow night.

Wes
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

2nd pic

Wes
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Well I decided not to rush it and try to get it running for the holiday and it just be halfway operational. I have some work to do with a split servo cable for the BEC and getting the wiring cleaned up. I also need to put locktite on a few different fasteners in order to make sure they are solid. Of course I still have all of the body work and scale accessories to add as well. So with all that I made the decision today it would sit over the holiday weekend and I'll come back to it next week when I am back in town.

I did find today that my 3S battery is a perfect fit in the battery tray area, so I'll try to find a 2S with similar dimensions.

Wes
Old 11-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

what is the measurements and brand of the 3s that fits in there?
Old 11-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

It's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Venom-4000mAh-.../dp/B000W7WWFW
Old 11-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Got some wiring sorted out tonight since my servo Y-harness's finally came. Steering servo will be on a Y with the BEC since I only have 3 ports on RX.

Also got my work table organized (it may not look it, but much more organized than before) and got my new 1.9 scaler farm truck set up there. Took a pic of the two of them together.

Wes
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

This is for sale in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

Wes
Old 12-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Didn't sell but had some time to work on it this afternoon and got it running. Only have 3s for now as I need a 2s battery that fits in the spot well. Holy cow on 3s it'll easily flip itself over in high range. In low range it will pull the front tire off the ground a good 3 inches. Needs a rear sway bar, have to get one sorted out. Going to look into the hot racing setup to see if I can make that work.

Gonna throw it in the truck tomorrow and see if I can hit up a small local spot on my lunch break to see how it does in the rocks. Will get some pics then.

After initial testing I'll get to work on the body panels to get all of that finalized. Will also be swapping the rear over to the trailing arm setup, gotta get my machine shop to finish up the lower link plates they were making for me.

Wes
Old 12-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Obviously needs the wiring cleaned up and bodywork done. Also needs some tweaking on the steering I found out this morning. Also had a tire pull out of the wheel, will have to work on that as well.

Here are some pics playing in the rocks.

Wes
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Pic for Helios to see if I can make a wraith light bar work

Wes
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

3S power, brushless motor, TSL XL's and a curb don't mix well.....
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Titanium rear shafts ordered from creeperbob, while I am waiting on those it's time to tear it down and get the rear suspension tidied up and work on the body work. Hopefully can have it ready for a Jan or Feb local comp.

This thing is damn fun though, had a blast playing in the rocks yesterday. May work on a new battery mount method to get 2 batteries low in the chassis and extend run times. Will work on that after the other stuff is done.

Wes

Wraithzilla Texas U4 Style Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foff Build From Texas texas4x4hoe Formula Offroad 42 03-10-2015 10:18 PM
"The Devils Reject" A Texas Style Southern Truggy jcsaxial 2.2 Scale Rigs 49 12-25-2013 04:00 PM
Bouncin'... Texas style DrewHammer Axial Wraith 56 11-03-2013 05:00 AM
TXRCRCA East Texas chapter presents: comp 1 Tyler Texas mexiCAN Louisiana 12 05-18-2008 11:19 PM
texas style... D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. Tamiya TLT Crawlers 36 10-18-2006 12:34 AM