Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project Zeus: Cycon's Steven Eugenio Trophy Truck Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 02:38 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project Zeus: Cycon's Steven Eugenio Trophy Truck Build

Also if you guys didn't see yet, I uploaded an update vid on my channel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2S8T-3fhGI (not sure how to embed)

JRapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Such a great build.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Awesome build man. Don't worry about hurrying it IMO, everybody wants to see it but they can wait until it's done right!
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Such a great build.
Thanks Shane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Awesome build man. Don't worry about hurrying it IMO, everybody wants to see it but they can wait until it's done right!
Appreciate it man, thanks for that. I really need to get a running vid out though..
Old 01-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #85
Pebble Pounder

Hey Cycon, if you dont mind me asking i was wondering what you use for your tabs that you weld on your truck. that bolt on the panels?
skedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:47 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

skedhead I use 6-32 threaded square nuts. That thread is the only one I could find, but it still threads M3 screws fine.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #87
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRapid View Post
Hey man thanks! The only other axle similar in size is the wraith axle, but to get the ideal setup you would need a centered housing to go along with it.

But yes the sway bars work, and they do flex with each a-arm. With them being mounted so closely to the hinge pins it has a much less effect.
Thanks for responding, I'm still a little confused on the sway bars, if they flex all the time, wouldn't that eventually shear the bar in half? I'd like to do this kind of sway bar for my build, so if you don't mind, I'd like if you could explain just a little more, I'm slow like that haha
thekdk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekdk604 View Post
Thanks for responding, I'm still a little confused on the sway bars, if they flex all the time, wouldn't that eventually shear the bar in half? I'd like to do this kind of sway bar for my build, so if you don't mind, I'd like if you could explain just a little more, I'm slow like that haha
Ok no prob, I'll explain more. So the bar itself is only flexing a slight bit. The sway bar arm is only traveling like a 1/4", if that helps you visualize it. So it's not like it's flexing to the point where it could break the bar. I think they're spring steel so they're flexible.

Like I said with the links being mounted so far inside on the arm, the sway bars don't see a lot of movement. If I had the links mounted say in the center of the arm, the sway bars would travel more, and they would be a whole lot stiffer because they're wider. All about the geometry
Old 01-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #89
Pebble Pounder

Do your Trailing arms have any side to side movment or only up and down? i recently installed some on my build and it seem like they have to much movement to the side.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

No mine don't have movement at all. Since yours do throw in some washers until it's a snug fit.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRapid View Post
No mine don't have movement at all. Since yours do throw in some washers until it's a snug fit.

The problem is the hole that the screw goes through swivels =(
cant really fix that problem
Old 01-07-2015, 09:43 AM   #92
Rock Stacker

Skedhead, you probably need to triangulate your upper links more.

Awesome build cycon! The Baldwin is sick too! I've got most of my parts ready so I'll be building one very soon. Seeing yours in very motivating.
WCCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skedhead View Post
The problem is the hole that the screw goes through swivels =(
cant really fix that problem
Not sure what you mean by swivel, but you need to make your mounts like mine. Have to have the opening so you can fit the washers. But like WCCrawler said once you mount your top links you probably won't notice it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCCrawler View Post
Awesome build cycon! The Baldwin is sick too! I've got most of my parts ready so I'll be building one very soon. Seeing yours in very motivating.
Hey thanks man Very cool, what kind of setup you going with?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #94
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the help and sorry for hijacking your thread =p
Old 01-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

No updates so far.. so here's a pic from the last run:

Old 01-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #96
Rock Stacker

I've got a couple extra wraith axles so I'll be using that for the rear. I picked up some cheep used yeti blue monkey trailing arms. I've got an extra wraith and scx trans so I'll be ordering Robinson racing gears for one of those. 3/16 rod chassis. Unfortunately I'll probably mig it with dirty flux core wire or try my hand at brazing.. Now the fun part. I'm thinking about building the twin I beam front and crazy cross over steering. Of course with that I'll use a 79 f250 body. We'll see how that goes when I try and mock it up. If I can make work out decent I'll roll with it. Other wise we'll do the slash. This will be my first attempt at anything like this so......
WCCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:00 PM   #97
Pebble Pounder

Great work on the T-truck Rapid!! Its very inspiring watching the build. Just had a few questions. What driveline are you using? Is it the same one from NSP-1? Im in the process of acquiring parts for my own build. You don't realize how much money you can dump on a project like this until you start buying stuff lol
RNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #98
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNYC View Post
Great work on the T-truck Rapid!! Its very inspiring watching the build. Just had a few questions. What driveline are you using? Is it the same one from NSP-1? Im in the process of acquiring parts for my own build. You don't realize how much money you can dump on a project like this until you start buying stuff lol
It looks to me like he is using traxxas driveshafts but I could be wrong
Old 01-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #99
RCC Addict

How long has it taken you to build this one? Reason for asking is that there is a desert build-off contest on rcshortcourse, starting soon, that has to be a fresh build and you'll have a few months to complete it. You interested in building a back up truck? Second one always builds faster than the first one! I got a kick out of this truck on instagram, the vid with it hitting the leaves/black tube was great. Hopefully the lights aren't broken. How is the body program coming along?
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCCrawler View Post
I've got a couple extra wraith axles so I'll be using that for the rear. I picked up some cheep used yeti blue monkey trailing arms. I've got an extra wraith and scx trans so I'll be ordering Robinson racing gears for one of those. 3/16 rod chassis. Unfortunately I'll probably mig it with dirty flux core wire or try my hand at brazing.. Now the fun part. I'm thinking about building the twin I beam front and crazy cross over steering. Of course with that I'll use a 79 f250 body. We'll see how that goes when I try and mock it up. If I can make work out decent I'll roll with it. Other wise we'll do the slash. This will be my first attempt at anything like this so......
Oh ok cool man, sounds like you have a plan. And wow an I-beam front.. that will be sick if you could pull that off

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNYC View Post
Thanks RNYC, I appreciate that. But yes it uses the same driveline/motor mount setup as NSP-1. SCTE motor mount and slash 4x4 HD driveshafts like skedhead said. But yeah once you start adding things to the cart it gets up there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
How long has it taken you to build this one? Reason for asking is that there is a desert build-off contest on rcshortcourse, starting soon, that has to be a fresh build and you'll have a few months to complete it. You interested in building a back up truck? Second one always builds faster than the first one! I got a kick out of this truck on instagram, the vid with it hitting the leaves/black tube was great. Hopefully the lights aren't broken. How is the body program coming along?
Haha cool, thought it was time for a new clip. But weather is clear so we're finally shooting a new vid for it tomorrow. But this truck was started right at the end of november, so it's been almost a month and a half. What you said is very true, second build flew by compared to the first.. I did hear about the build off thing, but I don't think I'll be building another one anytime soon, I'm good with two haha.

Tags
baja truck, desert, desert truck, scale, trophy truck

Project Zeus: Cycon's Steven Eugenio Trophy Truck Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scale Trophy Truck Build 92MNstanger Non Crawler RC's 36 06-04-2014 07:09 PM
Trophy truck project - looking for ideas & pics RNUOVR Non Crawler RC's 1 09-01-2011 10:41 AM
SC trophy truck build 62 bugzilla Non Crawler RC's 8 09-02-2010 08:01 AM
brushless trophy truck project sniper 1.9 Scale Rigs 156 08-12-2007 04:11 PM