Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Szczerba's Second CXT Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2018, 07:45 PM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Szczerba's Second CXT Build

I was worried this rig had been forgotten. Can't wait to see it resurrected!
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2018, 09:46 AM   #242
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Nice cage and work there!
Agreed. JWalker Designs did a great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Good lookin on the rebuild!
Thank you. There is still a lot to do now that's back at CI. All the extra weight is requiring shock and suspension changes. New and updated skins are being created for it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Monster
It truly is due to the sheer size and weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HahnsB2 View Post
I was worried this rig had been forgotten. Can't wait to see it resurrected!
Definitely not forgotten. Merely set aside and waiting for the proper opportunity and this year is it. Much more to come.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #243
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post

Thank you. There is still a lot to do now that's back at CI. All the extra weight is requiring shock and suspension changes.
You got me thinking now about the "suspension changes" above.

The suspension link mount points, shock mount points, etc should all still be good regardless of a "reasonable" increase truck weight. Unless a wheelbase change was made or some other physical changes to the suspension parts were made. Should still be plenty of squat and anti-squat adjustment points on the chassis, "should be" The shock mount points were created to be a "falling rate" setup that maximizes the linear action of the coil type springs that most 1/10 rc's use. Ie, a 50lbs spring is truly working as a 50lbs spring. A picture shows my redesign back on post #84. The opposite of this would people "laying down" shocks on the chassis to reduce the spring action solely based on they cannot buy a lighter spring.

Just by adding weight to the system would only constitute an upgrade in shock body size, firmer springs or more shocks in general.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #244
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
You got me thinking now about the "suspension changes" above.

The suspension link mount points, shock mount points, etc should all still be good regardless of a "reasonable" increase truck weight. Unless a wheelbase change was made or some other physical changes to the suspension parts were made. Should still be plenty of squat and anti-squat adjustment points on the chassis, "should be" The shock mount points were created to be a "falling rate" setup that maximizes the linear action of the coil type springs that most 1/10 rc's use. Ie, a 50lbs spring is truly working as a 50lbs spring. A picture shows my redesign back on post #84. The opposite of this would people "laying down" shocks on the chassis to reduce the spring action solely based on they cannot buy a lighter spring.

Just by adding weight to the system would only constitute an upgrade in shock body size, firmer springs or more shocks in general.
#Yup
Old 02-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #245
Quarry Creeper

amazing build..
is this a 1/6 body? i always thought it was a 1/10
TRAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #246
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAV View Post
amazing build..

is this a 1/6 body? i always thought it was a 1/10

This one is “1/6” There are two sizes 1/6 and 1/10 -ish produced by New Bright.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #247
RCC Addict

Thanks for the opportunity to work on this rig. I don't get to do too many large scale builds and this one was a challenge with the body work it needed from the beginning. But from what damage i seen from the first cab, it put alot of ideas in my head for the exo cage. It is all a very tight fit but I believe it will serve its purpose and allow Eddie to bash on this rig with very little damage now lol. I have not been on here in a while and I just searched my name to see if I had missed anything and this came up.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #248
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
Thanks for the opportunity to work on this rig. I don't get to do too many large scale builds and this one was a challenge with the body work it needed from the beginning. But from what damage i seen from the first cab, it put alot of ideas in my head for the exo cage. It is all a very tight fit but I believe it will serve its purpose and allow Eddie to bash on this rig with very little damage now lol. I have not been on here in a while and I just searched my name to see if I had missed anything and this came up.

Thank YOU Jesse for accepting the challenge and long term project. Not many people have the integrity to complete a long term project. Your work on this project, puts it over the top and there is truly not a another rig like this one. I'm truly grateful for your talents and skill.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:57 AM   #249
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This custom made Dakar RC Car is the result of combined builders and sponsors. The full build thread for this vehicle is linked here:
Szczerba's Second CXT Build

After attending Crawlapalooza 2015, the following month (in November), the vehicle was destroyed when it took a nasty fall onto it's roof, shattering the cab at Barnwell Mountain ORV park during an ETXRCC Get Together. I reached out to Jesse of JWalker Designs for help. Jesse attempted to repair the original cab, but it ultimately was totaled. A new cab was sourced and purchased. Jesse shortened the new cab and painted it. From there, Jesse created the interior from scratch. Jesse then created the steel Exo Cage for the cab for protection. Jesse also created a clear windshield for this vehicle, complete with black trim.

The dakar rig was returned to Crawler Innovations in 2018. I (Edmundo) wired in the three Vanquish Products Light bars along with white, amber, blue, and red LEDS. I met with our graphic designer to create new side panels. My son (Gavin) of Ayala Metal Works tuned the suspension. It was ultimately through this tuning that the new Heavy Weight Foams were inspired. This vehicle weighs 18 pounds 5 ounces as filmed. It is using Deuce's Wild Heavy Weight Single Stage Foams, P/N; CWR-3303 rear and CWR-3003 in front for this video.

Contributing Builders;
Szczerba Built
JWalker Designs
Ayala Metal Works
Vanquish Products
Crawler Innovations

#crawlerinnovations #deuceswildfoams #activatedoutlaw

Old 01-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #250
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This video features three C.I. vehicles, Black Cherry, the Dakar rig, and Forty One.

The 1.9 build named "Black Cherry", built by Gavin of Ayala Metal Works, build thread link;
Gavin's Class 2 SORRCA Toyota Truggy reborn - the 3rd & 4th time now

The 2.2 build named "the Dakar rig", contributing builder build thread link;

The 1.9 build named "Forty One", built by Gavin of Ayala Metal Works, build thread link;
"Forty One" by Ayala Metal Works for Crawler Innovations; 1.9 Ultra4

Filmed on location @ LeGrande House on 11.03.2018;
City of Tyler - Parks and Recreation > Convention & Tourism Facilities > Goodman Museum

W/T/F on Black Cherry; 1.9 Vanquish Products Beadlocks, 1.9 Pitbull Tires Rock Beast (standard height), Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Medium Outer dual stage foams in front CWR-2025, Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Firm Outer dual stage foams in rear CWR-2026.

W/T/F on the Dakar rig; 2.2 Dude Crawler Works custom Beadlocks, 2.2 RC4WD MIL-SPEC ZXL tires, Deuces Wild Single Stage Standard foams in front CWR-3003, Deuces Wild Heavy Weight Single Stage Standard foams in rear CWR-3303

W/T/F on Forty One; 1.9 Vanquish Products Beadlocks, 1.9 Pitbull Tires Rock Beast (standard height), Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Medium Outer dual stage foams in front CWR-2025, Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Firm Outer dual stage foams in rear CWR-2026.

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw
Old 01-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #251
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Session 2 of Black Cherry and the Dakar rig. The Dakar rig shows off its top speed made possible by the two speed RC4WD transmission at the 1:20 mark. The Dakar rig is using a 4S, 2200mah, Lipo battery, with a Tekin ROC412 motor with a Castle Creation ESC.

The 1.9 build named "Black Cherry", built by Gavin of Ayala Metal Works, build thread link;
Gavin's Class 2 SORRCA Toyota Truggy reborn - the 3rd & 4th time now

The 2.2 build named "the Dakar rig", contributing builder build thread link;

Filmed on location @ LeGrande House on 11.03.2018;
City of Tyler - Parks and Recreation > Convention & Tourism Facilities > Goodman Museum

W/T/F on Black Cherry; 1.9 Vanquish Products Beadlocks, 1.9 Pitbull Tires Rock Beast (standard height), Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Medium Outer dual stage foams in front CWR-2025, Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Firm Outer dual stage foams in rear CWR-2026.

W/T/F on the Dakar rig; 2.2 Dude Crawler Works custom Beadlocks, 2.2 RC4WD MIL-SPEC ZXL tires, Deuces Wild Single Stage Standard foams in front CWR-3003, Deuces Wild Heavy Weight Single Stage Standard foams in rear CWR-3303

Crawler Innovations Web Store;
RC Crawler Foams, Rock Crawler Foams, Tires and More by Crawler Innovations

RCCrawler Forum;
Vendors - Crawler Innovations at RCCrawler.com

Video Credits;
Black Cherry driven by Gavin Ayala
the Dakar rig by Edmundo Ayala
edited by Gavin Ayala
filmed by Edmundo & Gavin Ayala

Gavin's Channel;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7o...w84G931mmCGgaA

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw

Old 01-25-2019, 11:38 AM   #252
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on February 2nd at these locations. We will have a practice course or two set up for Activated Outlaw. Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildwfoams #lilnovafoams #compcrawler #scalecrawler #rccrawler
Old 02-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #253
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Gavin created this video for Crawler Innovations and it features the CI Dakar rig in the woods driving on an orange floor of leaves, pine needles, and other nature.

The Dakar weighs 18 pounds 5 ounces (8.4 kg) as filmed. It is using Deuce's Wild Heavy Weight Single Stage Foams, P/N; CWR-3303 rear and CWR-3003 in front for this video.

#crawlerinnovations #deuceswildfoams #ayalametalworks
Old 03-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #254
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on April 6, 2019 at the White Oak City Park in White Oak, Texas.
Start Time 9:30AM

Park Address:
500 E. Magnolia St.
White Oak, TX 75693

Park Web Site:
https://www.cityofwhiteoak.com/depar...oak-city-park/

The courses will be set based on the rc vehicles in attendance. So whatever the majority of the group has to drive, that is what we will run. No one will be turned away, and every RC will have a chance on course.

Based on our last two Get Togethers, fun was had by everyone, and more people are showing up. The March Get Together had three Competition course and three Activated courses.

Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.

Score Sheet that will be used:

Here is a full length (2.5hrs) video that Gavin made of the March Get Together. It is complete with a introduction and overview, along with every run from the day.

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildwfoams #lilnovafoams #compcrawler #scalecrawler #rccrawler

Szczerba's Second CXT Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Szczerba's IFS SCX Build Szczerba Axial SCX-10 236 08-27-2016 07:24 AM
Szczerba's 1.9 Beckworks Rebuild Build Szczerba 1.9 Scale Rigs 42 07-04-2015 08:53 PM
Szczerba's 2.2 CXT Szczerba Axial Wraith 109 12-04-2013 06:08 PM
Szczerba's Terra-X Build Szczerba Axial Wraith 21 02-25-2013 09:10 AM
Was Szczerba's Defender 90 Build. On to the Next. Szczerba 1.9 Scale Rigs 22 07-07-2012 05:18 PM