Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Losi based 72 Chevy Long Bed C3 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Losi based 72 Chevy Long Bed C3 build

Ive wanted to build a 72 Chevy for while, in C3 style. I wasnt sure what axle I wanted to use, but after watching a Local guys rigs that run losi axles (Gi Joe on here) , I decided I had to give em a try. I slowly started collecting parts, I traded my 4x4 slash for a Night Crawler, and ran a few packs though it and figured out what I liked and didnt like. Id always wanted a bruiser since I was big enough to know what one was, but being a typical kid I couldnt afford one. So I decided to make this truck a 2 speed to try and fill that Bruiser hole
Id stared checking out the Losi section for ideas and really liked the Direct drive builds by Youngblood and Gijoe. So I picked up a really cheap outrunner and a 2 speed t case, it worked out nice, the tcase was pretty much a perfect fit in the losi skid.

here it is compared to the night crawler trans

Did a quick mockup

Bought me a body and did a mock up

I have been wanting to build another frame from scratch, so I tryed out aluminum, pain in the ass but Im really happy with how they turned out

I made em a little long so that I could cut em down later, here they are bolted in place

Got more story and pictures Ill post up as I get time
Rooster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Losi based 72 Chevy Long Bed C3 build

Figure Ill throw up a little more of the story, Guess I should say why its Really called the Last Minute Losi, I built the whole thing from start to finish in a week before King of Gurus, lots of long days and late nights But Im so happy with how it turned out, and Im really excited to finish it completely, as its very rigged together right now Either way here is a picture showing the front crossmembers for the steering and winch servo, and the motor mount. the frame tapers down alot starting at the skid, which was tricky to do. I machined the crossmembers out of aluminum and only broke a couple taps

I wish it still sidehilled like this.......

I ran out of time to snap pictures of me building the rocksliders, but lets just say there a huge pain in the ass, all the feet on the frame are tapped and the bolts go through the frame and thread into the sliders. unfortunately when I silver soldered the feet on it soldered two of the screws in, so I have to pull the sliders back off and drill and retap

and last but not least here she is after KOG

Far from done but it does really good already!

Rooster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #3

Default Re: Losi based 72 Chevy Long Bed C3 build

Awesome job. This is pretty much what I'm wanting to do with my Losi night crawler. Keep up the good work
Jeepguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Losi based 72 Chevy Long Bed C3 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long Bed Chevy for UTRCRC TTC Just Zach 2.2 Scale Rigs 55 01-05-2010 08:19 AM
Chevy C-10 Xtra Long Bed Krawlin Newbie General 2 07-30-2007 08:11 PM
72 Chevy C10 Long Bed TLTCrawlin Chit Chat 5 10-17-2006 06:27 PM