RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   2.2 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Wraith JK Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/550044-wraith-jk-build.html)

Warlord_Coleman 11-23-2015 10:42 PM

Wraith JK Build

7 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, My name is Matt and this is my first post in RCC. I've started my second build and figured what the hell lets put it up on a forum. Always welcome to new ideas and pointers, it's always appreciated.

So where I am currently at....

-Currie wraith/spawn axles front and rear
-Vanquish Chubs
-Vanquish Scale Knuckles
-Vanquish Light Bar
-NewBright JK Hard Body
-SSD Wheels
-RRD 100mm coilovers
-Pitbull Growlers
-Custom steel frame rails
-RC rock armor bumpers
-Novak Timbuk 2
-Some more just forgetting

As of now it's just been gathering bolt on stuff pretty much. Just got in the frame rails so I can start fabricating those up. Still not sure how I want to have that set up (i.e. where tranny, motor, battery is gonna go). Unfortunately, can't start fabing the frame up until Christmas time when I go back to Missouri to use my dads welder and the old Chromoly tube from my first build.

Warlord_Coleman 11-23-2015 10:48 PM

Re: Wraith JK Build

8 Attachment(s)
more pictures....

Warlord_Coleman 11-23-2015 10:55 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here's what the final paint looks like. And mocked up with the axles.

Warlord_Coleman 11-23-2015 10:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some of the frame I had made for this JK, just need to trim the ends. I had them long so I could adjust accordingly later on.

TAT76 12-10-2015 07:00 PM

Any updates on this or u just want to send to me to finish?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Warlord_Coleman 12-16-2015 09:30 PM

Haha yes next week will begin welding to the frame. Sorry for such a long delay.

Going back home for Christmas. That's where the welder is. So updates coming soon

maxxis77 12-18-2015 08:47 AM

Nice I'll be watching this I like how you bent in the chassis good work.

Warlord_Coleman 12-25-2015 07:13 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Alright finally some updates lol

I started the Mig process on the frame and it hasn't been holding seems that well and its super messy with the flux core wire as you can see in the pictures.:x So just switched over to Tig welding and it's working much better.

These first pictures are using the Mig welder.

Warlord_Coleman 12-25-2015 07:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the Mig mess before I got to grinding. This is also pretty much my fault, I'm still getting used to this welder and I'm super novice at welding :shock:

Warlord_Coleman 12-25-2015 07:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Boxing in the front and rear of the frame with some steel plate. Just roughed in for now, it'll be trimmed so all you will see are the bumpers when painted. Also had to add a spacer for the front bumper to fit. Without the spacer, the winch wiring was getting smashed on the plate.

Warlord_Coleman 12-25-2015 07:30 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Next are the shock hoops. I wanted to do something a little different so in the front I canted the hoops out about 20 degrees or so. There was no specific reason just thought it would look cool. In the rear we just did the regular straight up and down.

Warlord_Coleman 12-25-2015 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As of today this is where I'm at. Still need to add body mounts, rocksliders, and shock hoop tabs for the coilovers. Also need to add a tab for the panhard.

distinctive pd 12-25-2015 08:15 PM

Looking better and better! Keep it up. "thumbsup"

Warlord_Coleman 12-25-2015 08:33 PM

Thanks man really appriciate it!!8)

Warlord_Coleman 12-26-2015 08:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Got some more work done tonight. Got the body mounts, shock brackets, and rock sliders all welded on.

I'm going to have to raise the front and rear bumpers to line up with the body line and cut off the excess so it doesn't look like dirty ballsacks.

Also the rear coilovers are angled forward. It was the only way I could get the rear axle to line up correctly with the wheel wells due to the mounts on the Currie axles. Any ideas to fix this? Am I going to have any performance issues with it?

Warlord_Coleman 12-26-2015 08:16 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Here are the mock-ups. Like I said, not sure about the rear coilovers and performance. Let me know what you guys think.

rude_k9 12-29-2015 07:59 PM

Looking awesome. Can't wait to see more.keep up the good work."thumbsup"

kingfuzz 01-18-2016 07:31 PM

This is awesome! Exactly what I'm slowly working on except you're doing way more detailed work than me.

What fenders are those though and how hard were they to mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudman 01-18-2016 07:36 PM

Very cool! I dig that light bar

Warlord_Coleman 01-20-2016 10:51 PM

Thanks Guys!! I really appriciate it! :)