Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Sharing our 2.2 builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Sharing our 2.2 builds

Good day all. We have been posting all of our builds in the Axial Wraith Forum, but after much debate we have decided that there really isn't much left of the Wraith once we get in to it. So far all of our builds have been based off the Axial Wraith skid plate, and we do use the axles that are AR 60 width, but even those are not from Axial. What has been consistent so far is all the tires we build our rigs around are 2.2. So we are going to post here and or the 1.9 forum when we decide to go with a smaller tire. Probably a more race ready U4RC style build.

Below are the buggies we have in our shop. Initially the Wraith was my sons, and arguably still is. The Low Life Buggy on the right is dads (mine). I had to build something to keep up with Ethan, and so now I'm hooked.
On the left is the Ranger Buggy. We went heavy and hard on this thing initially, but we have decided to take our time, and not skimp on the budget at all. So we can build the axles we want, put the motor in it that we want, and so on. The Ranger will be a hard core hill killing show truck.

Just a quick intro and so I'm clear, I am very much involved in this hobby because of my son. I am thankful for him introducing me to RC Rock Bouncing, and thankful for RC Crawler to give us a virtual hang out (he lives with his mom in NH and I am in GA) to spend time together.
RCC.com is a tremendous resource for everything RC, and I will work tirelessly to forward on the insane amount of help that has been forwarded on to me. Because I am very thankful for those of you who have shared your knowledge with me.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. I'll try and get some video up in the video forum as well.

Respectfully,

Nick
Attached Images

Last edited by THX_138; 10-21-2017 at 05:04 PM.
dondraper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Sharing our 2.2 builds

You have to be tired of filing fish mouth joints in tube by now, awesome work!
snowman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:06 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Sharing our 2.2 builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman13 View Post
You have to be tired of filing fish mouth joints in tube by now, awesome work!
Ugh you have no idea. Honestly though, if I had to do it all over again, I would. This hobby is great. Building mini rock bouncers and beating the snot out of them has become a great past time. I wouldn't change a thing.

Brought my son to the beach for some shock tuning.
Attached Images

dondraper25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sharing our 2.2 builds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for prerunner builds. post builds here wcdfmt510 General Scale Talk 19 06-27-2013 09:48 PM
sharing my appreciation Leprechaun Chit Chat 0 03-15-2012 04:59 PM
Sharing a channel? Duuuuuuuude Electronics 3 03-03-2011 08:50 PM
just sharing my version X jayyeone Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 01-12-2008 09:35 PM