Notices

Thread: RPM's Jeep JK Wrangler Build - "BOMBERCON"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2017, 12:57 AM   #1
rpm
Rock Stacker

Default RPM's Jeep JK Wrangler Build - "BOMBERCON"

Hey Guys,

A while ago I bought myself a special treat. I'd wanted a Bomber ever since they were released but struggled to justify purchasing and building another rc car. One thing led to another and I ended up building BOMBERCON.

I went all out on this one and basically ordered every Vanquish part that they make for the Bomber, threw in a Tekin ROC412 brushless system with RX8 Gen 2 ESC. She absolutely hammers on 3s. I'm still trying to get used to the power.

My 1:1 Wrangler HEXICON was the inspiration. If you don't like Jeeps, I suggest you hit the back button and go and look at something else cos it's about to get real Jeepy in here...

So after assembling the Axial kit and bolting all the trick bits on I thought it would be cool to somehow adapt a 4 door Axial JKU shell to the Bomber chassis. I happened to have a spare painted JK body here and did a quick mock up and thought I'd give it a crack. I busted out the scissors and started chopping. After a while there wasn't much left

The biggest hurdle was coming up with a solution to accessing the battery. I ended up using the standard Bomber hood and just cut the JK body even more. I'll just let the pictures do the talking now...

And this is my Traxxas TRX4 JK Wrangler

Bombercon is still a work in progress. I have some MIP driveshafts I need to install. I've also got some rear upper titanium links coming in the mail, along with some SLW hubs so I can widen the stance and get the handling dialed in. I've also got a set of Ottsix U4's here that I will mount on black beadlocks with a silver rings. I also need to secure the bomber hood with magnets. Other than that It's running and it's a crazy rig to drive. Anyway, I hope you guys like Bombercon.
rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
rpm
Rock Stacker

Default Re: RPM's Jeep JK Wrangler Build - "BOMBERCON"

It was RC parts day again today... I can finally finish off Bombercon I had to go with SSD titanium rear upper links as I couldn't find any Vanquish one's. The SSD links look pretty good IMO.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #3
rpm
Rock Stacker

I decided to paint up the included panels in the kit and fit them to the Bomber.

I also fitted MIP driveshafts from Supershafty, rear upper titanium SSD links and Scalerfab boatside rocksliders and front bar.

I ended up going with some new silver rims and Ottsix U4 Silvers. I think it really sets the rig off and matches up nicely to the Vanquish diffs.

Here are some pics

Old 01-07-2018, 06:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

She is a beauty

Trugg is offline   Reply With Quote

RPM's Jeep JK Wrangler Build - "BOMBERCON" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RPM's Jeep JK Wrangler Build - "BOMBERCON" rpm Axial RR10 Bomber 9 11-10-2017 07:56 PM
New Bright Jeep Wrangler 4-Door, 13" WB Build... Looking for advice and guidance. MrNice Guy Axial SCX-10 2 06-02-2011 01:36 PM