I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Spare Parts Wroncho Build

Sits right at 12.5"
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Man alive, I thought this would do pretty good, I didn't expect a rock killer... holy moly. Only adjustment I made from off the bench was to put the shocks down a hole for more ride height. This truck is so planted, it's crazy. The width of the axles, big contact patches from the 2.2's and light body up top means this truck goes just about anywhere. Just have to mind where those big center pumpkins are...

Wasn't all sunshine and rainbows.... the servo was weak, my 'pede shafts up front kept popping off, and the motor was super hot at times... need to gear down, but it's off to a great start.

39 degrees at the start...beautiful fall day though. Love the crisp air and smell of the leaves.

Twisting all over...Great flex. I will outboard the rear shocks I think to plant the rear better, though I'm not even sure it needs it.

It warmed up pretty quick and the Rock Carvers softened up quite a bit and started biting much better than when we started...

Test rock... usually don't do the left side as it's so steep. No issues here today.

Another climb that's usually pretty tricky. Large lip at the top of the rock makes it very easy to go backwards at the top... Not so for this truck... slow and steady and it gripped right up there.

and a few other random shots... fantastic day of wheeling.

My buddy called this truck Pops - Pile O PartS...I like it. It's Pop's from now on... Off to a great start - for a bunch of random parts, couldn't be happier with it!
Old 10-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

That's a win. It looks like a beast out in the wild. Not sure which I like more, the workbenches tales or the trail pics. Now I'm wondering if I do in fact have enough spare parts to build a truck...
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

After the first run, needed to make a few changes... Pops did great, but there's always room for improvement.

First off, needed a stronger servo. Decided to give the cheap hotness a try...

Anyone remember Stampede shafts? Popping the shafts constantly? Yes, it's just as annoying today, there's zero warm fuzzy nostalgia going on... replaced with a steel shaft I dug up.

The rear axles had a lot of lateral play. Very odd. I shimmed them with some washers until I got rid of all the slop.

Outboarded the rear shocks ..there was just a tiny bit of torque twist, not enough for a swaybar or anything. This should help a bit.

A vintage looking body, old SCX10 v1 style axles and chassis....why not some vintage tires to boot? Tried out these old RC0WD tires I've had around for ages. Super stiff, though they actually broke in decent after a while. Not comp tires, but not as bad as I expected.

Stuffed the nose... Right here is where I think the front bumper got shoved into the body, Needs some tweaking, it wouldn't stay tight and flopped around all day.

This is a hell of a climb. 60d plus, can't believe the old tires clawed their way up there. My buddies TRX4 did as well, super capable truck until he drove it off the left side of the rock and it did about a 6-8ft drop straight down. Yikes. There was carnage.

Speaking of old tires, put the carvers back on. They don't like the cold, but they were marginally better than the Gauntlets.

Some huge rock to play on....

This truck is so much fun to wheel. It's way planted, and stupid capable. Puts my SCX10v2 to shame....The light body and low COG are just amazing! Definitely deserves some better electronics than what I have in it currently. Next is a power upgrade..
Old 09-12-2020, 08:59 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Any updates on this truck? I know it's been awhile oh, but you had mentioned a power plant upgrade. I'm getting ready to disassemble my monster truck as I never drive it, and use all of the electronics and ar60 axles for a wroncho build. I just need to buy some chassis rails and a new servo.

I'm probably looking at a 13.5 wheelbase, and a truggy type set up. We will see.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Last edited by MaX-D; 09-12-2020 at 09:01 AM.
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

No sir, nothing in particular. I have a 13.5 Goat system laying around I might drop in, but haven't done anything with it lately. I should dig it out sometime, it is a great wheeling truck.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
No sir, nothing in particular. I have a 13.5 Goat system laying around I might drop in, but haven't done anything with it lately. I should dig it out sometime, it is a great wheeling truck.
BTW, where did you get the old school 537 number sticker that's on the doors?

Old 09-22-2020, 07:04 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Ebay, they are vintage Tamiya repro decals. Think they came across the pond from Britain IIRC.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:22 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ebay, they are vintage Tamiya repro decals. Think they came across the pond from Britain IIRC.
Cool! Thanks

Old 09-24-2020, 07:24 AM   #30
RCC Addict

I going make my own number decal as I can't find what I want. How wide and tall is the sticker on your truck? Would you mind measuring for me? Thanks

Old 10-30-2020, 06:51 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Looking epic man, I am not 100% sold on these bodies, heard they are pretty thin and whatnot for the money plus I prefer the PW, but this does look really cool, especially liking the deeper shade of blue.
As a side note, I wish I could build something like this just from the parts box lol!
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:17 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
I going make my own number decal as I can't find what I want. How wide and tall is the sticker on your truck? Would you mind measuring for me? Thanks

Sorry, I missed this. About 1.75 " X 1.5"
Old 10-30-2020, 07:19 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
Looking epic man, I am not 100% sold on these bodies, heard they are pretty thin and whatnot for the money plus I prefer the PW, but this does look really cool, especially liking the deeper shade of blue.
As a side note, I wish I could build something like this just from the parts box lol!
The monster truck version is thicker than the crawler version... at least, mine is. I didn't measure it, but it feels noticeably sturdier. Just throwing it out there.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:50 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Sorry, I missed this. About 1.75 " X 1.5"
Thank you

Old 01-06-2021, 07:18 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

For the record, old girl's still going strong. Now running a 17.5 BL system, 1.9's and some new shocks in droop.

Old 01-15-2021, 06:52 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Looks great with the 1.9s!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spare Parts Wroncho Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A spare parts build. phillysteak33 Redcat Crawlers 5 10-29-2018 08:33 PM
Spare parts wroncho dittohead Axial SCX-10 6 06-11-2017 11:01 PM
Wroncho build parts question?? MaX-D Axial SCX-10 6 08-06-2015 01:18 AM