Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer

Alright.. Something came apart...

I am impressed with the build of the axle ... There is a lot to it but it stout compared to a AR60 ... I dropped some 20 mil diff "fluid" into the front diff.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2021, 07:51 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Alright.. Something came apart...

I am impressed with the build of the axle ... There is a lot to it but it stout compared to a AR60 ... I dropped some 20 mil diff "fluid" into the front diff.

Update us after you run it some with the diff fluid.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I’ve got one arriving tomorrow, I’ll be sticking to 3s and leaving the truck stock for now, but I’m interested to know what beadlocks would fit??!
Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:36 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Update us after you run it some with the diff fluid.

So the gears inside were well greased(ring/pinion) but the diff gears had hardly any fluid in them. There was a 1/8" strip wrapped around the gears in the middle. I packed it up with the new fluid filling the housing as best I could.
I did a quick run in my back yard, and on my porch steps and the 20 million diff fluid made a worlds of difference. I can put a single tire on the face of the step, and it now just pulls straight up with only the slightest diffing if any. Out at high speed, she seems to be a bit more stableand three wheeling isn't quite as scary... lol Alot of the death wobble coming from the frontend in my rig seems to be from the servo saver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb Crawler View Post
I’ve got one arriving tomorrow, I’ll be sticking to 3s and leaving the truck stock for now, but I’m interested to know what beadlocks would fit??!
Beadlocks.... hmmmm. I have been looking in to this myself. Seems with the larger 8mm nut and 5mm shaft there are not going to be many. I would skip many of the 3 piece personally and go with a plastic center with bolt on rings... Like classic Axial 8 hole or the old Rocksters. Keep your rims light and rotating mass low to help reduce breakage...

I found an intresting vid on youtube in german, someone tested the ryft top speed and got 57kph aka 30ish mph before flipping it...

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 03-09-2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:41 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
So the gears inside were well greased(ring/pinion) but the diff gears had hardly any fluid in them. There was a 1/8" strip wrapped around the gears in the middle. I packed it up with the new fluid filling the housing as best I could.
I did a quick run in my back yard, and on my porch steps and the 20 million diff fluid made a worlds of difference. I can put a single tire on the face of the step, and it now just pulls straight up with only the slightest diffing if any. Out at high speed, she seems to be a bit more stableand three wheeling isn't quite as scary... lol Alot of the death wobble coming from the frontend in my rig seems to be from the servo saver...

Beadlocks.... hmmmm. I have been looking in to this myself. Seems with the larger 8mm nut and 5mm shaft there are not going to be many. I would skip many of the 3 piece personally and go with a plastic center with bolt on rings... Like classic Axial 8 hole or the old Rocksters. Keep your rims light and rotating mass low to help reduce breakage...

I found an intresting vid on youtube in german, someone tested the ryft top speed and got 57kph aka 30ish mph before flipping it...

Thanks. Good to know it has potential.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:47 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Wow 20 million weight!? Didn't know that even existed, must have took a minute to get that to pour out. Did you just do the front diff or all of them?
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:33 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Mines arrived

First impression are pretty good, I’ll be running mine at the weekend, all stock and on 3s
Old 03-10-2021, 07:52 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druxus View Post
Wow 20 million weight!? Didn't know that even existed, must have took a minute to get that to pour out. Did you just do the front diff or all of them?
It didn't pour, I used a #11 xacto and cut out a chunk then used a flat blade screwdriver to squish it down into the gears... It is similar to silly putty in consistancy.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:53 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Mines arrived

First impression are pretty good, I’ll be running mine at the weekend, all stock and on 3s
Nice preciesly what I did with mine, 3s and stock for 2 battery packs...
Old 03-13-2021, 01:28 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Ran mine today all stock on 3s, managed to bend a shock shaft

I’ve now given the whole truck a tear down, topped up the diffs, added a LMT servo saver and dropped down to 13t pinion

Old 03-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ran mine today all stock on 3s, managed to bend a shock shaft

I’ve now given the whole truck a tear down, topped up the diffs, added a LMT servo saver and dropped down to 13t pinion
How did you manage to bend the shock shaft?

What weight diff fluid did you put in?
Old 03-13-2021, 11:55 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

No idea, it did have a few spills and cartwheels, ive ordered replacements, they were only £7 for a pair. I went with 500k in the diffs, because that’s the heaviest oil I had to hand, after filling the diffs properly they were a lot stiffer than with the tiny about of 1m they had in them from the factory
Old 03-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

So I went out today...

Used up 2 5000 mah packs Found mud, sand, and roots...

I drowned the rig a couple times and everything is still functioning

https://youtu.be/Nalz6nBVwtI

https://youtu.be/-OCfQac0g_o

https://youtu.be/mA3ojsPYApc

My rear diff is making noise, so a tear down is in order...

The 20 Million diff oil made a wold of difference out in the real world, she climbs just about anything now... Debating on a sensored system
Old 03-14-2021, 05:29 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Would 20mil in the rear and then something less viscous in the front be advantageous? Keeping the front more open diff than not seems like it could handle better for bashing about.
Old 03-14-2021, 05:37 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Would 20mil in the rear and then something less viscous in the front be advantageous? Keeping the front more open diff than not seems like it could handle better for bashing about.
In reality, I don't know. I have never played with diffs before except in my old rwd ball diffs in a Rc10FtGt... I am attempting to lock the diffs and leave some give as a cushion when landing power on jumps.

I tore down the rear diff this afternoon, and dropped in some 20 mill fluid in it. Will run it tomorrow or tuesday... Its still notchy and it binds up... I might go with a locker in there
Old 03-15-2021, 01:59 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

I found my diffs locked up if they were overfilled, they are still notchy though, I think that’s more down to the design
Old 03-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #37
RCC Addict

I almost bought one of these this weekend. They are on Amazon, 2 day Prime, $499. Put it in the cart...twice...deleted it twice LOL. Just hard for me to pull the trigger. Maybe later this year. Looks to be a decent rig though.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:48 AM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I almost bought one of these this weekend. They are on Amazon, 2 day Prime, $499. Put it in the cart...twice...deleted it twice LOL. Just hard for me to pull the trigger. Maybe later this year. Looks to be a decent rig though.
If you have patience (unlike me sometimes... LOL), then I'd wait for the kit. The stock electronics are kind of a let down for me, but I also realize its supposed to be a bouncer and not a crawler. For me it's just too fast and there's pretty much no slow speed control. I have a new motor and ESC on the way, hopefully I'll get it turned into what I want lol.
MrAwesome987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:14 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I found my diffs locked up if they were overfilled, they are still notchy though, I think that’s more down to the design
I think I broke a tooth in there somewhere, I couldn't find it when I cleaned the diff out, but it will bind in one spot even without fluid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I agree with MrAwesome here... Wait for the kit. The buggy will not be a complex build and you will be able to put better electronics it deserves in... I also found a couple stripped screws while taking the axles apart.... The sensorless system requires a different driving style than the smooth sensored systems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome987 View Post
If you have patience (unlike me sometimes... LOL), then I'd wait for the kit. The stock electronics are kind of a let down for me, but I also realize its supposed to be a bouncer and not a crawler. For me it's just too fast and there's pretty much no slow speed control. I have a new motor and ESC on the way, hopefully I'll get it turned into what I want lol.
Harley was saying on his last live stream, that revisions are in order on the axle housings.... I haven't broken one (yet), Another good reason to wait on the kit version....
Old 03-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

I’m going to make up a set beef tubes for my axles, so hopefully that should save me busting an axle until revised parts are available

Last edited by Curb Crawler; 03-15-2021 at 10:52 AM.

RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RBX10 Ryft josh9mile General Crawlers 12 07-06-2021 09:33 PM
Scale Rock Bouncer Must See Rivas Concepts Scale Videos! 1 04-29-2015 09:35 PM
Fat Girl 2.2 scale rock bouncer ecoli 2.2 Scale Rigs 350 08-24-2013 08:21 AM