Notices

Thread: RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2021, 07:15 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixtys Guy View Post
How is the rubber compound of the tyres? Super stiff or suitable for a crawler?
The tire compound is pretty soft, my guess is r35 axial compound. Way to soft for a basher, and really need firmer foams.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2021, 07:21 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
The tire compound is pretty soft, my guess is r35 axial compound. Way to soft for a basher, and really need firmer foams.
Cheers for the reply mate!
Sixtys Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:16 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

With this tire talk, has anyone put some closed cell foams in? Some Comp Cut Deuce’s Wild would be my choice.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:08 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

My RYFT lives again!

Just installed it all back in the truck and the Puller Pro R pisses all over the 1415 for smoothness and raw power! The truck absolutely rips now

Last edited by Curb Crawler; 05-04-2021 at 11:17 AM.
Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:41 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb Crawler View Post
My RYFT lives again!

Just installed it all back in the truck and the Puller Pro R pisses all over the 1415 for smoothness and raw power! The truck absolutely rips now
What kv did ya go for?

Got a 4100kv HH PP-R v1 and a Mamba Monster X that have never been used, although it will be a WHILE before I can justify another rig... (like a YEAR - got another project that I just ordered, isn't even shipping to me for about a week)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:02 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

2700kv with a 12t on 3s
Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:20 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Just curious if anyone has any specifics on the new Ryft Kit...most notably any differences (other than cage color) between the RTR & kit.

I didn't buy the RTR when released, partly because I wasn't yet interested (but, having seen it in action at Scale Natls, that helped change my mind), and partly because I much prefer building. I know R driver just posted a YouTube video (which I'm about to watch)...but, I'm hoping some in here already know the 'differences', and can share with everyone.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

All is explained here:

Axial Racing - RBX10 Ryft 1/10th 4wd KIT Grey

"spool/locker, rear aluminum link plates, rear sway bar, and parts for a 2-speed or single-speed transmission setup"
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:29 AM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
All is explained here:

Axial Racing - RBX10 Ryft 1/10th 4wd KIT Grey

"spool/locker, rear aluminum link plates, rear sway bar, and parts for a 2-speed or single-speed transmission setup"
Thanks...tho, at the same time, the RCDriver vid explained everything. Now, of y'all will excuse me, I have to go 'upset' my bank account (and piss off the wife, of she finds out). Hey, Horizon Hobby...I'm headed your way..........

EDIT: Ordered, along with the 31009 High/Low Servo Saver Set (so that I can use something other than the (garbage) Spektrum SX107 servo).

Last edited by Panther6834; 05-06-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:18 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

I'm torn on this one. Never considered the RTR, but the kit is another story - the build experience goes a long way imo and the white chassis looks great. Greg V almost sold me on it today.

I'm not sure how I feel about another Axial "basher" though. The Yeti Score handled like a raging dumpster fire, and the Exo had all kinds of quirky handling issues. Neither one was particularly robust either (though I never broke a front axle... I hear that the kit has upgraded plastic in the front for what its worth)

I see this as almost a Wraith 2.0... Yes? No? Kinda seems like it fulfills the mission the Wraith was designed for - maybe a bit more bouncer and a bit less crawler.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:46 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I'm torn on this one. Never considered the RTR, but the kit is another story - the build experience goes a long way imo and the white chassis looks great. Greg V almost sold me on it today.

I'm not sure how I feel about another Axial "basher" though. The Yeti Score handled like a raging dumpster fire, and the Exo had all kinds of quirky handling issues. Neither one was particularly robust either (though I never broke a front axle... I hear that the kit has upgraded plastic in the front for what its worth)

I see this as almost a Wraith 2.0... Yes? No? Kinda seems like it fulfills the mission the Wraith was designed for - maybe a bit more bouncer and a bit less crawler.
I was in the same "boat" as you where the RTR is concerned...plus, I also (greatly) enjoy building kits. Since HH bought Axial, from all I've read, things have improved considerably. The first HH-produced Axial was the Capra...and, while there were (initially) numerous errors in the build manual, the kit was outstanding (especially considering many of the parts were produced in the Losi/TLR factory, using the Losi plastic. This was also my first crawler. The second post-acquisition product - SCX10 III - from all I've read, has been an even bigger improvement, and a huge success.

Like many, I'm also aware of the front axle problem on the RTR (which Axial/HH is correcting). The axles included in the kit are of a different, more durable, plastic (probably, once again, Losi plastic/factory). I can say that I've already pre-ordered mine. I'm still somewhat of a noob in this area of RC (the majority of my land vehicles are off-road race vehicles, and bashers), but I do know what I like...and, I DO like this. Plus, I was at Scale Nationals, where two people brought them (granted, they were the RTR)...and, it looks like a total blast.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Bigsquidrc has a bunch of good pics of the kit. Tho’ it seems to be a pre-production piece, since the front axles are of the first-gen design without the extra webbing next to the pumpkin.

I hope the kits we can get are equipped with the new rev-1 front axles. Would be quite daft if they released the kit with the brittle, wrong-material ones...

I’m gonna get a kit. That’s for sure. Just a bit of patience before they are available in Europe. We dó have our own Horizon Hobby offices, in Germany, so they could be here quicker than I anticipated, given the fact that we àlso had the ( somewhat expensive and ill-equipped) RTR befóre the US..

I hope for a €350,- to €360,- price. With the included arm braces, locker, swaybar ànd 2-speed to boot, not a bad deal, tbh. They explicitly mention a ‘dyeable’ cage.. I’m thinking apple green, or something like that.

For motorization, I’m going to use the Yeti’s Vanguard 3150kv 550 with a 13t pinion, I think. The Yeti is just gathering dust at the moment, so.. yeah.. The Ryft is móre fun and with the cheapie sway in the rear already drives bètter than the Yeti ever did ( indeed a ‘dumpster fire’ of a truck. Pretty sturdy -after an almost fully aluminium front setup- I’ll give it that, but it drives like a Flinstones-car compared to the Rock-Rey) ..who’d have thunk. With the added 2-speed, low-speed cogging will probably be much less. The Yeti set already cogs less than the Spektrum stuff. ( I believe the Yeti got the full Castle treatment? Just a different label slapped-on)

PS. I dó believe the Ryft is -indeed- meant to replace the first-gen Wraith( which, incidentally, also lacked swaybars, and was a serious hand full at anything above the included 21-turn 540, and only started to come ‘alive’ when one installed sways) When the axle-issues are finally fixed, we are going to see the Ryft’s axles in many more models, me thinks.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jay-Em; 05-07-2021 at 10:18 AM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Just curious (as I'm sure at least several are)...as the kit also included the 2-speed conversion upgrade, which ('high' or 'low') is equal to the RTR's stock trans? I've checked the Axial & HH product pages, and neither indicates. People will need this info to help select a motor.

Old 05-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Just curious (as I'm sure at least several are)...as the kit also included the 2-speed conversion upgrade, which ('high' or 'low') is equal to the RTR's stock trans? I've checked the Axial & HH product pages, and neither indicates. People will need this info to help select a motor.

High is what the RTR is locked to.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:57 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
High is what the RTR is locked to.
Good to know...thanks. That means poorly can go with a higher kV motor. Now, to to decide whether to set it up for 3S or 4S, and how 'high' the Kv ceiling should be. For ESC, I'm considering the Castle Copperhead.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:05 PM   #116

The Hoss motor and ESC are a blast on 2S. Barely any cogging, no squealing and you can run it through water all day no problems. It was insanely fast on 3S before it quickly blew out the servo saver, the rear trailing arms are bending so bad they are ready to snap and now the rear diff is clicking. I hated the stock motor/ESC and spent way too much time trying to find a better solution.

I am at the point where I think its time to go a new direction. I bought my 10yo son a Arrma Typhon 3S and with a old 2S battery he drove circles around my Ryft like I was blindfolded. The Ryft looks awesome but its handling is the absolute worst of the worst. I ordered the Axial 2 speed conversion its in stock now, I give up on this being a basher and going to make it a rock crawler, it has tons of potential for that vs bashing.

For any of you who are considering buying the RTR...... DONT!!!! Wait for the kit which will be out soon and put better electronics in it.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #117
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo View Post

The Hoss motor and ESC are a blast on 2S. Barely any cogging, no squealing and you can run it through water all day no problems. It was insanely fast on 3S before it quickly blew out the servo saver, the rear trailing arms are bending so bad they are ready to snap and now the rear diff is clicking. I hated the stock motor/ESC and spent way too much time trying to find a better solution.

I am at the point where I think its time to go a new direction. I bought my 10yo son a Arrma Typhon 3S and with a old 2S battery he drove circles around my Ryft like I was blindfolded. The Ryft looks awesome but its handling is the absolute worst of the worst. I ordered the Axial 2 speed conversion its in stock now, I give up on this being a basher and going to make it a rock crawler, it has tons of potential for that vs bashing.

For any of you who are considering buying the RTR...... DONT!!!! Wait for the kit which will be out soon and put better electronics in it.
As an RTR owner, I wholly agree with this ^
MrAwesome987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:26 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Initially, I was thinking of going with a 550 can motor. However, now I'm thinking a 540 might be a better choice. Any opinions? If I'm to go with a 550, I already have a few possibilities. On the other hand, if I'm to go with a 540, there are only 2 motors I'm considering - Castle 1415-2400 or Team Brood Vigor 540-2600. Between these two, any opinions? ESC will either be Castle Copperhead 10 (preferred option) or Mamba X.

Old 05-08-2021, 06:03 AM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Initially, I was thinking of going with a 550 can motor. However, now I'm thinking a 540 might be a better choice. Any opinions? If I'm to go with a 550, I already have a few possibilities. On the other hand, if I'm to go with a 540, there are only 2 motors I'm considering - Castle 1415-2400 or Team Brood Vigor 540-2600. Between these two, any opinions? ESC will either be Castle Copperhead 10 (preferred option) or Mamba X.

The 1415 is what I would run. I have one in my son's wraith running 4s. Our wraiths are basically built like the ryfts. But the 1415 is a long can. Not a 540. It measures 3670. Someone did install another brand 3670, so it does fit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 08:30 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
The 1415 is what I would run. I have one in my son's wraith running 4s. Our wraiths are basically built like the ryfts. But the 1415 is a long can. Not a 540. It measures 3670. Someone did install another brand 3670, so it does fit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I have a 4068 can in my Bomber and remember reading some where that it would fit in the Ryft as well.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote

RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RBX10 Ryft josh9mile General Crawlers 12 07-06-2021 09:33 PM
Scale Rock Bouncer Must See Rivas Concepts Scale Videos! 1 04-29-2015 09:35 PM
Fat Girl 2.2 scale rock bouncer ecoli 2.2 Scale Rigs 350 08-24-2013 08:21 AM