RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   2.2 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/)
-   -   RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/623833-rbx10-ryft-scale-rock-bouncer.html)

lonleycreeper 03-06-2021 04:03 PM

RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer

There is no way, this is 1/10 scale. More like 1/8 scale. In fact next to my 1/6 scale Newbright Ford Raptor, it looks appropriately sized for an over the top Rock bouncer.

Proof?

https://i.imgur.com/1PamsP1h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yrxFxq2h.jpg

When I saw the teaser of this rig on Instagram I was excited...

When I saw the announcement, I went into my Lhs, Action Hobbies of Meridian and talked to the owner and got myself on the waiting list.

I brought it home last night and "unboxed" her. I tinkered with her a little and pushed and pulled on the suspension...

I like her, initial impression is just the right amount of flex, a little firm, esp in the front and I like her.

https://i.imgur.com/DOuuFTyh.jpg

Fast forward to this morning, and I charged up 2 5000mah 3s batteries and took her to my local rock playground.

Now to be fair the rocks there are legit like 60 grit sandpaper, and are really hard on bodies...

I HAD A BLAST! This Rock Bouncer is every thing I wanted it to be. It has more than enough wheel speed and will tq carry the left front tire as long as you hold down the throttle. Bouncer donuts are possible if you ease into them on asphalt and insane on dirt. She does suprisingly well in the rocks despite the diff action. She throws rocks like her full scale sisters do and is everything I wanted from a Rock Bouncer

I did about every move on here as seen in this vid.

https://youtu.be/-TyAtpdxh1Y

lonleycreeper 03-06-2021 06:22 PM

Re: RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer

SO first things first.

Get rid of the fuel cell... I mean really? A Propane tank would have been a much better decision.

An aluminum tube to replace the fuel cell...

And the rock is so abrasive the upper corner of the top tube is already down to the screw...

https://i.imgur.com/2DsQ6p7h.jpg

I also added spacers to the front shocks to keep the the links out of the battery tray...

Steve g 03-06-2021 07:52 PM

Love the orange ones. Gonna have to live vicariously through guys like you with these. So keep up the posts and pics.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

austin-92 03-06-2021 08:03 PM

Ugh I want one so bad, sucks being broke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NKlamerus 03-06-2021 09:39 PM

Have you had a bomber? How would you compare them?

fortysixandtwo 03-07-2021 12:54 AM

Cool. Been waiting for someone to post about these. How wide are the axles if you get a chance? They look pretty beef

lonleycreeper 03-07-2021 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve g (Post 6071874)
Love the orange ones. Gonna have to live vicariously through guys like you with these. So keep up the posts and pics.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I will happily assist!

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin-92 (Post 6071878)
Ugh I want one so bad, sucks being broke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I know the feeling, I saved and saved for this, and wasn't sure if I would have the funds in time for the February release date, thankfully it got pushed back to March lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NKlamerus (Post 6071896)
Have you had a bomber? How would you compare them?

I do not have a Bomber... However I have ran with a Bomber and it is a completely different animal, despite both being plastic tube caged rigs. Mostly in the power department, and Open diffs vs locked solid. If you were to lock the diffs in the RYFT, and put a 27t brushed motor into it they would probably be pretty comparable

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo (Post 6071912)
Cool. Been waiting for someone to post about these. How wide are the axles if you get a chance? They look pretty beef

Outside of tire to outside of tire is 12.5" or so...
As far as beef, She took some hits yesterday that I thought would have broke something, but she shrugged it off like nothing...
https://i.imgur.com/SmjoFzzh.jpg

indybama 03-07-2021 05:18 AM

Kinda wish i had waited it out now lol. Ended up startin another vs4/trx4 build. May have to save up n get one. Love the orange. Hopefully theyll release a kit soon, the gray cage looks pretty good too

TAT76 03-07-2021 07:04 AM

All right, a thread to follow! I'm excited to see what you do as you always seem to keep us informed. Whats the plan

bgredjeep 03-07-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonleycreeper (Post 6071858)
A Propane tank would have been a much better decision.

Lol. I'm pretty sure no one is running propane on a modern rock bouncer. Maybe 10 years ago.

I'm interested to see the aftermarket get on board with the new axle design. Seems the housing is what let's go first for the guys beating on them. It seems the internal parts are a nice upgrade from what you got in an rtr ar60.

Brake Weight 03-07-2021 08:22 AM

Looks straightforward for making new panels. Just like all the other Axial tube chassis have been. I think solid black or blue panels would complement the orange chassis well.

lonleycreeper 03-07-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 6071924)
Kinda wish i had waited it out now lol. Ended up startin another vs4/trx4 build. May have to save up n get one. Love the orange. Hopefully theyll release a kit soon, the gray cage looks pretty good too

I seriously considered a bomber myself... But remained patient... I am so glad I did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAT76 (Post 6071940)
All right, a thread to follow! I'm excited to see what you do as you always seem to keep us informed. Whats the plan

My plan really is just to scale her out a bit , add some details, some aluminum body panels, Propane tanks for the back... you know, and fix what breaks... btw Sway bar is on order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgredjeep (Post 6071949)
Lol. I'm pretty sure no one is running propane on a modern rock bouncer. Maybe 10 years ago.

I'm interested to see the aftermarket get on board with the new axle design. Seems the housing is what let's go first for the guys beating on them. It seems the internal parts are a nice upgrade from what you got in an rtr ar60.

I like 10 years ago... and I agree on the axles...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brake Weight (Post 6071951)
Looks straightforward for making new panels. Just like all the other Axial tube chassis have been. I think solid black or blue panels would complement the orange chassis well.

Yes it looks incredibly easy...

Even looks good without panels...

https://i.imgur.com/Jbmi4IHh.jpg

lonleycreeper 03-07-2021 09:22 AM

I just threw her on my scale, and rtr with my 5000mah 20c 3s she weighs in @8lbs 0.4 ounces... without battery 7 lbs 4.4 ounces

Jay-Em 03-07-2021 09:55 AM

I agree on Your remarks afa scale goes. Sticking-in 2 heads from the Tamiya FAV ( which also seems a tad big for 1/10) made it look much more to scale.
The ori driver helmets of the Ryft look kinda like shrunken Jivaro heads imho.. :lmao: ( shame they didn’t put in the little sprue with the other helmets. I would have liked the skull heads. They cheaped-out on thát too, together with swaybars)

Phildirt 03-07-2021 10:15 AM

The Losi helmets are probably a good fit as well. Although I would not be too hung up on scale with a servo on axle rig and what scale to around 60” tires and 10’ track width lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay-Em 03-07-2021 10:44 AM

Sorry, but I DO get ‘hung up’ on ‘scale’ :lmao: Be it that it has to ‘feel’ correct. Despite the oddities that make a model car somewht more useful. Exáct scale is more useful for, say, RC tanks and such. Planes too. Though I am not exactly a ‘rivet counter’ For practicality I accept quite a bit of deviation from ‘ exact to scale’

The Ryft is close enough. Drop it a 15mm and it suddenly starts to feel ‘correct’ despite the wheels being a size that wouldn’t look out of place on the landing gear of a Boeing 747.. :ror:

lonleycreeper 03-07-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildirt (Post 6071970)
The Losi helmets are probably a good fit as well. Although I would not be too hung up on scale with a servo on axle rig and what scale to around 60” tires and 10’ track width lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not hung up on scale lol. I prefer the principal of TLAR(that looks about right).

If you do the math, as a 1/8th scale buggy, it works. 50" boggers on full size 1 ton axles(80" track) is not out of the question... The proportions are correct IMO.

durok 03-07-2021 01:19 PM

I agree, guys - if you watch more than just a couple bouncer competition video clips you'll see some of the guys run noticeably larger tires than the others - there is less consistency among the contestant vehicles than in other offroad racing types.

The Ryft is pretty damn close to scale, IMHO.

Gonna fight the urge to pick one up for about 6 months, I had told myself long ago that if a bouncer was ever released I'd be all over it, but then I increased my crawler count very quickly in the last year and I am about to move soon.

We'll see after I'm settled in at a new place!

Jay-Em 03-07-2021 01:37 PM

Actually, for me the difference in rigs in the competitions, is part of the charm. Base-shape is the same, but there are very different ways competitors approach building their rigs. I love that. No cookie-cutter rigs because the rules have become ever more stringent. Nope. ‘Build it, and see if it works..or breaks..’

It’s the sort of improvising that attracted me as a child to the 70’s mint baja races. ( what little we got to see of it through imported magazines and such) Soo many ways to build a buggy. The moment there were more and more ‘factory teams’ it kinda lost its charm for me.

Well, enough off-topic. I’m interested to see what You further do with the Ryft.

lonleycreeper 03-08-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 6071993)
I agree, guys - if you watch more than just a couple bouncer competition video clips you'll see some of the guys run noticeably larger tires than the others - there is less consistency among the contestant vehicles than in other offroad racing types.

The Ryft is pretty damn close to scale, IMHO.

Gonna fight the urge to pick one up for about 6 months, I had told myself long ago that if a bouncer was ever released I'd be all over it, but then I increased my crawler count very quickly in the last year and I am about to move soon.

We'll see after I'm settled in at a new place!

I told myself the same thing and when the rig was delayed, I almost bought a vs410 locally...
Hope you get settled in quickly... I am finally getting settled into my new place myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-Em (Post 6071997)
Actually, for me the difference in rigs in the competitions, is part of the charm. Base-shape is the same, but there are very different ways competitors approach building their rigs. I love that. No cookie-cutter rigs because the rules have become ever more stringent. Nope. ‘Build it, and see if it works..or breaks..’

It’s the sort of improvising that attracted me as a child to the 70’s mint baja races. ( what little we got to see of it through imported magazines and such) Soo many ways to build a buggy. The moment there were more and more ‘factory teams’ it kinda lost its charm for me.

Well, enough off-topic. I’m interested to see what You further do with the Ryft.

Agreed, I love Ultra4 and Rock Bouncing due to the differences among the rig, watching wich on climbs better who blows up their motor,/axle, ect...