Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Adding some scale to the Ryft.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2021, 05:19 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Adding some scale to the Ryft.

Yes. I've heard it on Fakebook so it must be true.

Rock Racers are not Mid Motor rigs. lol

Ah well, whatchya gonna do?

I say F'm and make one anyway.
Well at least make it look like one anyways.

Picked up my Ryft in a trade. Been improving it some, and adding some more scale to it.

Diffs are locked but the front is still open, but have a locker for it.
Swapped out the Heart and Soul on it with a RX4/2300HD Tekin setup on a 15T p. Plenty of slow control (wont be doing MUCH rock Crawling) and good top speed still. bit faster than stock maybe. Installed, did the shift fork mod on both sides, removed guild post, and come up with a good and reliable shifting setup with a Reefs 99 Micro and Reefs Micro Horn so there is no problems with the shifting. Works like a champ now.

Added some lights about 10 days ago to see better as it starts getting darker earlier.

And over the last week I decided it need a bit more realism and vrom vrom.

I had this SSD Motor assembly from one of my TK kits so I decided it was time for it to get used.

a little assembly to get it positioned and figure out what to do to make it work and not be in the way of the sway bar etc, yet maintain use of the spur/pinion cover. I cut the original cover hoping to get it to fit, but that was a lost cause.

So I ordered a new cover in black and got to trimming the SSD Motor so it fit to the cover. Added some strategically placed bolts and nuts to secure the motor to the cover (washer and nut on the bolts under the valve covers holding the motor secure to the cover and the lower one in the oil pan also secures the motor assembly to the spur cover, and doubles as a mock oil drain plug for scale looks).

some test fitting

I like the way it's turning out. once I get the plug wires into place it will really give it a good look from the top as well.

And almost ready to install. going to made up some plug wires and glue them into place. May try to find a waterpump to bolt up. RC4WD has theirs but.... May just leave it as it considering.

ON to the plug wires and some tweaking and I'll get it installed.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2021, 01:23 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Adding some scale to the Ryft.

Old 08-21-2021, 01:37 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Adding some scale to the Ryft.

Adding some scale to the Ryft. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer lonleycreeper 2.2 Scale Rigs 376 01-20-2023 09:38 AM
RBX10 Ryft josh9mile General Crawlers 12 07-06-2021 09:33 PM
MT Ryft TAT76 2.2 Scale Rigs 29 05-05-2021 07:30 AM
Adding some scale realism to a Polycarbonate Body joe122 Paint and Body 7 05-18-2015 03:57 AM
Spent all last night adding a box to my chevy, and filling it with scale accessories! milestone Scale Accessories 2 01-07-2013 03:00 PM