Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Ryft on its way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2021, 09:38 PM   #1

Default Ryft on its way

I am getting back in the hobby and getting Ryft as a Xmas gift .. so far I got the 3 axial lockers .. SSD black DHole Beadlocks .. metal servo horn .. 2 5000mah 3 cells .. What else should I get before it gets here ? Do I put weights in the wheels ?
BeardedMoparDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2021, 09:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Ryft on its way

Weighting the wheels on this thing might be dangerous the axles can be a weak link and that much rotating mass might just make it break faster. There are other ways to get the weight on the axles with out putting weight in the wheels. Weighted diff covers, and such

Personal preference here but I would definitely add the 2 speed trans option( i'm using the ecopower 872 servo works with stock axial linkage. I added this to my rtr Ryft in addition to 3 SSD lockers (you have that covered) and I also added the SSD aluminum axle tubes to strengthen the weak axles up. Beeftubes also has some options aluminum and brass I believe. So far mine has run great no breaks or problems...............

I will say this and I have read on the Forum many times run it stock first before modding you may not need any upgrades or you may need tons. All depends on your expectations and the way and terrain you run.

I tuned the esc with a hobbywing 1080 program card and changed some settings that made it much better for my usage vs throwing in couple hundred on a new esc and motor.

To each his own. On that note I'm currently getting parts to build my Christmas gift Ryft kit and it will be a brushed crawler setup totally opposite of my rtr Ryft.

Look forward to seeing your build and updates.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedMoparDude View Post
I am getting back in the hobby and getting Ryft as a Xmas gift .. so far I got the 3 axial lockers .. SSD black DHole Beadlocks .. metal servo horn .. 2 5000mah 3 cells .. What else should I get before it gets here ? Do I put weights in the wheels ?

Last edited by SCX10 JK; 12-31-2021 at 10:01 PM.
SCX10 JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:23 PM   #3

Thanks .. I will apply what I got so far and go from there .. My plan is to run axial fest 2022 .. running as many trails as possible
BeardedMoparDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like a plan test out what ya got and make your changes one at a time and upgrade from there. Sometimes the littlest things make big changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedMoparDude View Post
Thanks .. I will apply what I got so far and go from there .. My plan is to run axial fest 2022 .. running as many trails as possible
SCX10 JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Ryft on its way - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushed Ryft? T I N Y 2.2 Scale Rigs 50 10-13-2022 05:00 PM
Ryft 2 speed Druxus 2.2 Scale Rigs 18 05-28-2022 08:57 AM
MT Ryft TAT76 2.2 Scale Rigs 29 05-05-2021 07:30 AM