Notices

Thread: Not a Capra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2023, 12:43 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Not a Capra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
Your Capra Thing looks good. Two quick questions... How is that Trans holding up? I've been thinking of getting one of those for a scx10.2 project I have and need a reverse trans for it. Second is, how are you linking those tires? I've been thinking of putting 2.2's on my Capra but options on that size seem limited at the moment.
I've only run the car once since the trans swap, but it was trouble free. I got several comments on how quiet the car was at the event. I did open the trans Ave reverse box to grease it before running. I'm pretty sure the squeaking I mentioned in my last post was the driveshaft rubbing on a link screw so I've shifted some stuff to stop that contact.

For the tires, they have worked really well for me. I run them on my bomber as well. The diameter helps somewhat make up for the lack of portals for clearance. I don't think the large diameter makes sense unless you stretch the wheelbase a good bit. Mine's at 14" wb and it does pretty good.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2023, 05:07 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Got a couple new servos for the capra. I don't presume the 70kg rating is accurate, but I wanted to try a relatively cheap direct power servo. Should be a nice power increase from the previous servos.

Old 02-05-2023, 05:05 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

After I made the bed for my wraith, I had the idea to do something similar for my capra. Nothing quite as elaborate on this one, but it came out pretty good.

I ordered an rtr interior to finish it out. That should make for nice finished look. I should have that in a few days.

Old 02-05-2023, 05:48 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Looks good!
islandlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 06:23 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Thanks.

Interior came in. Now it looks complete.

Old 02-09-2023, 07:32 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

IMHO, your bed kits ought to be sold online - adds a lot to the finished look!

Definitely a fan of the murdered-out style of the completed rig...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:06 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
IMHO, your bed kits ought to be sold online - adds a lot to the finished look!

Definitely a fan of the murdered-out style of the completed rig...
Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment. It's funny, the capra bed is a lot simpler than the one I did for the wraith, but it got a lot more attention. I guess the capra is just more popular/current.

Making these by hand, I could never charge enough to be worth my time. I'd also want the cut quality to be better than my bandsaw does if I was selling them. Maybe if I got a pile of them cut out (send cut send or something) it could be possible. The reality is, I'm just not interested in selling parts, dealing with customers, etc. Lol I do this for fun and that seems like a quick way to not be having fun with my hobby.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:40 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well, my rc6gs let me down. I was running the capra at the local shop and the car just stopped responding.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I'm finding the the transmitter is no longer binding to any of my receivers (at least the 4 i tried). I opened a support ticket but I can't imagine there is anything they can tell me to fix it. I already tried reloading the firmware with no change. I'll probably end up using the upgrade program to get a v3, but I'm a little annoyed that it just died for no reason.

It still visibly looks like it works on screen, it doesn't talk to any receivers
Old 05-07-2023, 07:21 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Nice build!

Are those KYX axles AR60 width with the smaller AR44 style gearsets? I've seen them online, they look pretty slick. If so, how do they work for you?
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 07:45 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Nice build!

Are those KYX axles AR60 width with the smaller AR44 style gearsets? I've seen them online, they look pretty slick. If so, how do they work for you?
They are. They've worked great for me. Over the years I've had them I have ended up replacing most of the parts, but all for upgrades, not breaking parts. Rear is underdriven, better knuckles, axial universals, etc. I also cut the truss and mounted the servo on the tube to lower it a bit.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:57 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Capra was caught up in my wheel switch up. This one got the carbon 2.2 wheels, and still running the same scorpio tires. I'm pretty hard on this car so I expect these will get a thorough durability test soon.

Old 07-20-2023, 04:38 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Sold this car today. New owner has a crawling machine on their hands. Here's a couple pictures I never posted from my last time out with it.

Thanks to anyone who followed along

Not a Capra - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Capra? Topher Builds General Crawlers 39 11-29-2021 10:41 AM
VFD Capra...Can I Still Call It A Capra? mjensen Axial Capra 107 11-20-2021 03:56 AM
My Capra pfray Axial Capra 4 05-12-2020 07:52 AM
Capra with 2.2s Mr. Crawley EC Tires and Wheels 5 12-17-2019 07:06 AM