Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Cross RC new 2.2 EMO X2 1/8 Scale Rock Crawler RTR LCG Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2023, 04:32 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Cross RC new 2.2 EMO X2 1/8 Scale Rock Crawler RTR LCG Chassis

EMO X2 is expected to start shipping this June and is loaded with scale accessories. Here are more details-

* LCG chassis design
* Remote locking diffs
* Two speed transmission
* Numerous scale accessories
* High clearance portal style axles
* RTR will be available in three different colors
* RTR comes with 6-channel radio system
* 2.2 Wheels

Im in to buy LCG 2.2 RC crawler , or build one.

Maybe i should try this one?

V1 has 375mm wheelbase. I believe this New V2 will be same.
V1 was also 2speed. with 2.2 wheels. And it is priced 599$ RTR

i Believe this V2 will have same price.

What do you guys think?
What are the main new things with this V2? compared to V1

Body is new.

I did google LCG crawlers and find this now
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/cross-rc-...-rock-crawler/
Jjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2023, 08:54 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cross RC new 2.2 EMO X2 1/8 Scale Rock Crawler RTR LCG Chassis

This must be TRX4 Killer?
TRX4 is a old car today. Sad Traxxas dont innovate this car.
They have only release New bodies and longer shocks so far.

When they first release TRX4 That was the King.
Very well done from TRX4 That time i must say.

It was released May 2017. This is 6years ago.
45degree stearing, portal axles, difflocks by remote, 2speed. strong and
durable. They did that awsome already 2017. This was great Release.

Anyways i would like to see new V2 version of TRX4 now 2023 !
With DIG and LCG Chassis. It is time now. New Bodies is not enough anymore. And if not, they must drop the price atleast 125$ because
these are stone-age things soon.

They must do something new now.
Others are more cheap and better today.

Competition is hard.

If this 2023 new CrossRC Emo 1/8 V2 RTR Is 599$ when they release it soon.
TRX Will loose many customers.
Offcourse you buy this EMO V2 anyday
before that old TRX4 with less money also.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:16 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If you followed the platform you would know its not a trx4 killer
Poor design and lack of aftermarket parts make this more of a shelf queen model
Than a crawler
kinda like a tf2 only the tf2 has a huge following and alot more suport
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:20 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

What Platform and Cross RC are you talking about?

This is about the EMO X 1/8 V2

Here you can read Test/Review by pros about EMO X 1/8 V1
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/cross-rc-...-x-rtr-review/

I will try this V2. V1 seems to be very good also.
I dont think this need aftermarket parts. This comes great from the Box.
Old 06-01-2023, 03:01 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Im not expert in Crawlers. This is pretty new thing for me.

I have been professional Nitro 1/8 buggy racer 12years ago.
And Bashing alot last years. I know alot about bashing.

Crawling i have alot to learn still.
This is something that is more intresting to me now when im older.
Before it was racing only. And Bashing latest years.

Now i have fall in love with Crawlers lately.
There is alot i dont know.

Anyways if i want the best RTR Crawler, for pure Crawling, i would buy the Vanquish RTR.

If you want big 2.2 for both Crawling. And Fast trailing, i believe this EMO X V2 must be great. I have read good things about EMO X V1.
This does 18mph at second gear. Not bad at all. I like the design, size also.

TRX4 is old today.
To me it feels wrong pay 550$+ for 6year old rig.
TRX4 high lift with 2.2 is the only one that is decent compare to this EMO X.

I believe EMO X V2 with LCG chassis and everything is actually better than the TRX4 High Lift.

EMO X is also something fresh, new, LCG chassis is great i believe. V1 they release about 1year ago?
I will wait TRX4 comes V2 with new stuff, maybe they do LCG next version.

If i know Traxxas right, this can take 4 more years atleast.
They are known have 10year old models. They change colors, and maybe body style. Add some led maybe. Still old things. There is not much Innovation.

XRT is 80% Xmaxx parts still. 80% is very old stuff, 20% is new. Atleast it is LCG. The Xmaxx had big Roll over issues, this is why they did auto turn function, sad this make the stock wheels blow.

Only new car they made is the Sledge. And this needs hop ups for about 200$ before it handle abuse. Total ending expensive.
TRX4M is a toy car. I dont call these mini cars real RC Cars. These need tons of upgrades before they can do anything.
The only decent of the smaller ones is the Axial Capra 1/18. This can Crawl actually decent out of the box.

1/24. I dont understund why people like them at all Well indoors at your livingroom cold winter days maybe.
The new Furitek 6X6 i believe can do some stuff outdoor. This is maybe the only RTR of these smal 24scale that maybe can do something outside.

Well well.
We all are different.
What ever puts smile on your face, that is the most important in RC.

There is no right or wrong because this, some like it smal, some big.
We are different.

To me it is important they are Capable. This is what RC Crawling is about for me.
They must do big rocks outside. This is the special thing about these compared to Bashers that have great handling in high speeds. These fast bashers i have dont do rocks well.

Long story.

To make it short. I like big crawlers that does big rocks, and decent trailing , we have snow here at winter also. I like to be able do some crawling at rocks with little snow outside also.
Now you all understand why im not a fan of the smal crawlers.
Sorry me FOR ALOT BLA BLA BLA , offtopic, talk about racing, bashing, and Micro crawlers also.

Lets go back to topic anyways.
Do we have anyone here that actually Owns TRX4 High Lift and EMO X 1/8 V1? pros and cons TRX4 High lift vs EMO X ?
This would be very intresting to read about.

Last edited by Jjay; 06-01-2023 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:05 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

For someone who is new to this hobby have a lot of opinions with no knowledge to back them and just want to argue. Most of us here have been doing this off and on or solid for decades. I've been in and out since the very first production Axial rig was introduced. Ferp has been at it at least as long without the gaps of breaks I've taken.

Cross rc is nothing more than shelf queens and mild trail use. No aftermarket parts support, only get replacement parts from them directly. They look great, nice detail. But that's it. Hell this body is available on amazon, I have friends running them on trx4s for yrs.

This thing you linked is 1/8 scale which is no different than most of the rigs out there. The scale size is more body dependant.

Trx4 will eat that thing. Trx4 hasn't been updated because it's not needed. Aftermarket support deals with anything one might want to change. I'm not a fan of traxxas as a company but when it comes to a rig that just takes it, smiles and begs for more, can't really beat a trx4. Better performance, top quality and cross can't even come near the same level is Vanquish.

Pretty much any other main brand of crawler will have the same performance at worst (most will out perform) and be more durable.

Don't get me wrong, cross makes nice LOOKING stuff. But that's where it ends.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 05:24 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
For someone who is new to this hobby have a lot of opinions with no knowledge to back them and just want to argue. Most of us here have been doing this off and on or solid for decades. I've been in and out since the very first production Axial rig was introduced. Ferp has been at it at least as long without the gaps of breaks I've taken.

Cross rc is nothing more than shelf queens and mild trail use. No aftermarket parts support, only get replacement parts from them directly. They look great, nice detail. But that's it. Hell this body is available on amazon, I have friends running them on trx4s for yrs.

This thing you linked is 1/8 scale which is no different than most of the rigs out there. The scale size is more body dependant.

Trx4 will eat that thing. Trx4 hasn't been updated because it's not needed. Aftermarket support deals with anything one might want to change. I'm not a fan of traxxas as a company but when it comes to a rig that just takes it, smiles and begs for more, can't really beat a trx4. Better performance, top quality and cross can't even come near the same level is Vanquish.

Pretty much any other main brand of crawler will have the same performance at worst (most will out perform) and be more durable.

Don't get me wrong, cross makes nice LOOKING stuff. But that's where it ends.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Actually, I don't think this is even a hard body. The body on this looks lexan to me. The one on Amazon is the hard body one, if it's what I think you're talking about. I'm pretty interested in getting a hard body XJ, but the hard body has a different grill style than the one seen here and the Axial one.

Between the lexan versions of the XJ, I think I still prefer the Axial one.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 11:52 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Emo X is different to other Cross models.
This is 375mm wheelbase, stronger gears and things. V1 Came out 2022. V2 is coming soon.

Other new things
New axles

Strengthened structure and thickened axle
With the diversified development of climbing car gameplay, Rhino EMO X newly designed front and rear axles with strengthened structures. The door side deceleration components are installed with cross-section screws to ensure that they will not be damaged under high torque conditions. The tie rod seat is made of integral molding, which is stronger than the post-mounted tie rod seat, and will not break the tie rod seat due to twisting or overturning. The new axle continues to retain the 8-degree kingpin caster, which improves the road feel and improve the efficiency of the steering servo, making the control more precise and delicate, the front and rear power input shafts are raised by 10 degrees, so that the angle of transmission shaft is smaller, which can be obviously offset the tension of the steering wheel. The non-uniform velocity effect of the knuckles improves driving confort and reduces mechanical wear.

Differential lock mechanism without rudder adjustment (industry first)
The differential lock control of Rhino EMO X adopts and adjustment-free installation. The servo stroke is used 100% without adjustment. You will no longer be afraid to upgrade the remote control and burn out the servo in the future. With the new self-lubricating steel wire assembly, it is water & dust proof and can be locked in seconds. RTR is equipped with 6-channel remote control, the front and rear differentials can be independent lock, front lock and rear differential, front differential and rear lock, same lock and same differential. More fun to play. The inlay structure of the lock differential is fully metalized, which is stronger and more durable, and can be opened and locked without parking.

Quick-adjust limited slip transmission
With the newly designed two-speed gearbox, no need to remove any screws to adjust the limited slip, just unscrew the cover to adjust. The new gearbox integrates a splitter, and uses all-metal shifting and transfer gears, which are stronger and more durable. The large tooth adopts MO.8 gear, the motor gear upgrade range is wider, and the upgrade of the brushless system is simpler. The original factory is equipped with a 560 high-speed, high-torque self-cooling brushed motor as standard, which can be used for both climbing and crossing.

Large diameter shock absorber
Rhino EMO X adopts 21mm large-diameter shock absorber, full CNC machining hydraulic cylinder, upper cover vent design, oil filling and maintenance are easier. The spring seats is fastened with screws, so you are no longer afraid of losing it during trail running.

Newly designed reinforced M4 ball head buckle and steel tie rod
The newly designed M4 ball head buckle enhances the support in the direction of force, and at the same time cooperates with the tie rod. Embedded fit, the maximum diameter is 7mm, and the shaft diameter is 6mm, greatly improving the suspension pull.

All Metal gears
Rhino EMO X adopts all metal gears (except large teeth) ABEC3 level rubber covered ball bearings, and the most important special cold-resistant nylon. They were also sent to cities at -30° for low-temperature snow test to ensure that all regions of the world you can play with confidence.

This info is about V1 from 2022. Remember this is true 1/8 . Not body only. It is 375mm wheelbase also. 560 motor stock
The V2 will have more. We dont know about today.

I believe this is TRX4 Killer.
I dont say it is. No one know now.

I would like to hear from guys who Owns the V1 Emo X 1/8 from last year and also TRX4 how they feel about these.

Professionals like 1/8 EMO X V1, not the other Cross models.
V2 will be even better.

I like Lexan , specially in 1/8 cars, hard bodies would be too heavy.
LCG crawler must have Light weight Lexan body

Hard bodies is only to trail cars. In this case i like buy one 1/8 that is decent crawler also trails.

I will wait for real pros test this V2 at youtube couple month to see if there is any weaknesses.

Got many other Crawler builds going on now before this.
I have been thinking that i need actually have them finished, run them couple month and enjoy them before buy more crawlers.

Maybe i dont need this at all if im happy with my new long wheelbase build 4x4 and 6x6 build.
We have snow here winter time. I believe the 6x6 will be killer at snow also.
I will wait to winter and try out the 6x6 build before buy any more rigs i have decide today.

Why buy more if i love my new big 4x4 build, 408mm wheelbase, and the huge 6x6 build, both with alu axles and Brushless combo.
This time i need be wise, stop buy new cars, before try out ongoing builds And if they are great, then i dont need buy more cars.
I have way too many.

One man cant take care of more rigs well than i have already, i have been thinking wise today. It will be a mess with too many different cars.
I dont want loose controll, and have RC Burn out , stress. These needs service too. Im at the limit already to be honest. Got many bashers also to run and take care of

I hope i am lucky with my new Crawler builds i will start soon, that these will be awsome, durable and fun, then i dont need anymore rigs in couple years
I will need help and advice here. To success with these, in another treadhs.

Anyways please write if you own both 1/8 EMO X and TRX4 how you like them trx4 -VS- emo X 1/8
Old 06-02-2023, 02:15 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Its model
Old 06-03-2023, 03:24 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

why do i say X1 V2 alltime? Lol

this is X2 , not X1, and not V2, well it is kind of V2 anyways No X1 V2 it is X2.
I must have this in mind now.

X2. X2... X2 nothing else.

Anyways back to days 2017-2020 TRX4 was amazing, so innovative. And i know this is a beast, seen people push them hard with 4s and it takes it. Super durable.

I would like to see more rigs with DIG. Vanquish have one good DIG, sad they dont have 2speed gearbox.

Dream car would be TRX4 with also DIG like V2 now, or Vanquish with 2speed gear box, to both great Crawling, and great Train , all in one.
Maybe you must have one Crawler, and one Trailrig ,. 2cars if you want to these things serious?
Anyways it would be cool if one brand made 2 in 1, that is very decent at both. To lazy days when you just want take one car with you, That DIG thing is great for tight places, and when you want go down very steep at some special spots.

Im shure they can make this now year 2023. Why wait ? hehe
Old 06-03-2023, 12:52 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

You can get a 2 peed 3 gear with dig about $50usd
Old 06-03-2023, 02:24 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Why don't you buy it, and let us know how it performs/works out?
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 04:08 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

US $53.20 43%OFF | AXSPEED Metal 2 Speed Transmission Transfer Case Cutoff Gearbox with Motor Gear for Axial SCX10 1/10 RC Car Truck Upgrade Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNc5vQY
Next month maybe
Old 06-06-2023, 03:55 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Great find ferp420. like that, i will try one

I will buy one 2 speed gear box to my Axial style rig. And try it out with 1080 HW ESC , New Holmes Hobbies Crawlmaster Sport Motor - 550 8T at 3s
And big 2.2 alu wheels.
If this gearbox is weak i will see it pretty quick. I will Crawle hard, and do some hard Trails also.
And report back how these work in my 3s big 2.2 wheels crawler with decent fast and powerfull motor also

This is the car i will try this gearbox in
Stock smal 1.9 vs new huge 2.2 hyrax alu bedlocks

AXSPEED Metal 2 Speeds Gearbox Breaking Dig Transmission Transfer Case for Axial SCX10 1/10 RC Crawler Car Upgrade Part

I need shorter center shafts?
This is how it looks now, stock gearbox 1 speed, no dig

editing reason:
I will start new treadh about this 2speed gearbox with DIG tomorrow to Axial, and Axial style /copy rigs . lets take everything there then.

Keep this treadh clean to EMO X2

Last edited by Jjay; 06-06-2023 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:55 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjay View Post
Great find ferp420. like that, i will try one
Thanks im here to help and give neebees shiet
Old 06-08-2023, 12:28 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
Thanks im here to help and give neebees shiet
Old 08-08-2023, 06:53 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

YT video from the Unofficial Cross RC US channel... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdCuP7JW26k not great quality video, but it is what it is..

Now all they need to do is provide a kit version.... if only someone did a large scale crawler as a kit. Axial, I'm looking at you.
OutLore is offline   Reply With Quote

Cross RC new 2.2 EMO X2 1/8 Scale Rock Crawler RTR LCG Chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawling the Caucasus with the Cross-RC EMO AT4V BlackSeaRC Videos! 2 01-28-2023 04:35 AM
NEW Cross-RC EMO AT4V 1:10 Pick-up Truck Kit BlackSeaRC General Crawlers 10 08-07-2022 12:07 PM
New 1/8 scale rtr 4x4 rc rock crawler Stein General Crawlers 22 10-08-2009 12:41 PM