Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #941
I wanna be Dave

Default re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

Somebody sounds a bit "worried" about the TTC courses

I LOVE IT!
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #942
PapaGriz Yo

Default re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Somebody sounds a bit "worried" about the TTC courses

I LOVE IT!
No need for the quotes, I am worried.

Of course you threw a monkey wrench in my plan by making scale points apply. Now I think I need a 3D interior.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #943
PapaGriz Yo

Ok, so now War Pig says scale points will count in TTC as bonus points. So I decided I need the scale points and will have to run the 3D interior.
I had already started to modify my interior so I figured I keep going.

First I made new floor spacers and dropped the floor by .250". I needed to do this to make some usable space on the vertical face of the console. Since I don't put the batteries under the floor anymore I didn't need the floor to sit so high.

I cut and bent the flat console to meet up with the new dash I made.

Made a new top plate.

Making the side pieces turned into a real nightmare. This is piece needs to match 3 different angles on the console and dash.

It took a few tries but I finally got a keeper.

Made a template and after a few mistakes I finally got one made for the driver side.

Last week I made some new skidplate/link mount brackets and got those installed. These move the rear axle back .50".

This is what I'm thinking for the battery box and electronics box.

Got the rear bumper narrowed. It prolly would have been less work to just start over.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #944
Gettin’ back on the horse

Damn! You have been working on this rig for 5 years and its still not done?

Looks good buddy. When is the test session? It can go head to head with the WEEE Rocker.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #945
www.team3sixrc.com

your making pretty good progress Chris. Keep it up.

BTW, Card stock or poster board is great for making templates.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #946
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Damn! You have been working on this rig for 5 years and its still not done?

Looks good buddy. When is the test session? It can go head to head with the WEEE Rocker.
There's always something that can be improved and there is always new stuff that I want to add. I doubt Guido will ever be "done".

A coupe more weeks and I think he will be driveable for testing. then blow him apart for final paint shortly before I leave.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #947
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
your making pretty good progress Chris. Keep it up.

BTW, Card stock or poster board is great for making templates.
I tried but it doesn't hold the bend for mockup, and the bend proved critical for getting the holes lined up to the mounts. Thanks though.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #948
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
I tried but it doesn't hold the bend for mockup, and the bend proved critical for getting the holes lined up to the mounts. Thanks though.
I usually use aluminum flashing for stuff like that, cuts with scissors and holds the bend.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #949
Rock Crawler

That looks awesome im liking it
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #950
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
I usually use aluminum flashing for stuff like that, cuts with scissors and holds the bend.
Is there something thinner than the .016" aluminum from the hardware store? I have not noticed anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxmorepower View Post
That looks awesome im liking it
Thanks. I'm liking it a lot more than the flat dash that was in there. Gives the interior some depth and some interesting curves. Plus it gives me more room for the spur gear for the floor drop.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #951
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
...then blow him apart for final paint shortly before I leave.
I hear best results can be obtained by painting it the night before you leave.

Guido's looking great Chris! I can't wait to see him in person
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #952
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

A hobby shop or most craft stores have thin aluminum sheet. I've picked some up at Hobbytown before and have seen it at Hobbylobby too.

Looking good Chris!
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #953
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Is there something thinner than the .016" aluminum from the hardware store? I have not noticed anything.
sorry bud i'm not up on the specs, i got some from my pops that he just wheeled off a roll that he has kicking around... its paper thin and cuts with scissors is all i can tell you.
sorry man. if you need some i can probably whip some off in the mail ?
pm me if you want me to check into it more.

hey nice rig !
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #954
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I hear best results can be obtained by painting it the night before you leave.

Guido's looking great Chris! I can't wait to see him in person
That's crazy talk, who told you that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
A hobby shop or most craft stores have thin aluminum sheet. I've picked some up at Hobbytown before and have seen it at Hobbylobby too.

Looking good Chris!
I checked Tower, onlinemetals, and Mcmaster, nobody shows anything thinner than the .016" sheet I am using from the hardware store. You guys are smokin crack.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #955
20K Club

Quote:

I checked Tower, onlinemetals, and Mcmaster, nobody shows anything thinner than the .016" sheet I am using from the hardware store. You guys are smokin crack.
Hobby lobby sells it in rolls, I believe it is .050". I have two of them at home. Used it to make body panels with when forming over a buck.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #956
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:

Have you looked into craft foils? You might try a place like Michael's or Hobby Lobby:

Aluminum Craft Foil for Embossing & tooling : All Sizes & FAST SHIPPING

edit* Dang, Harley beat me to it!!
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #957
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Hobby lobby sells it in rolls, I believe it is .050". I have two of them at home. Used it to make body panels with when forming over a buck.
.016" is thinner than .050". Did you mean .005"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Have you looked into craft foils? You might try a place like Michael's or Hobby Lobby:

Aluminum Craft Foil for Embossing & tooling : All Sizes & FAST SHIPPING
.005" is shim stock. I've tried to work with that stuff before but it's so flimsy.

I used the .016" to make the passenger side piece, then made a paper template from that, used the paper template to make the driver side piece. I don't think it gets any easier than that.
The issues I had were because of the multiple angle cuts and trimming a bit too much off my first piece. On the driver side the drill bit walked on my first piece but the second one was good. It just took a long time to get the pieces to fit with minimal gaps.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #958
RCC Addict

Wow, that interior is badass, I love the new updates to the truck. Question for ya though, how much is left on the truck now that is original to when it was built?
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #959
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
Wow, that interior is badass, I love the new updates to the truck. Question for ya though, how much is left on the truck now that is original to when it was built?
Thanks.
The frame is the original design from the back of the cab to the front coil spring mounts.
The tube work is original from half way through the front fenders to where the kickers meet the main tube. I've added stuff but have not changed any of that. Except for changes to the skidplate. You can see where I have changed the front and back in the pics below.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 08-13-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #960
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
Think of it this way Guido is like a boy that is growing, changing and getting stronger as he gets older......

Rob
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bronco, guido, holmes hobbies, irok, rc crawler, scale, top truck challenge, ttc, vanquish, wraith axles

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/70328-guido-scale-ttc-bronco-2015-scale-nats-updates.html
Posted By For Type Date
Staffware´s Brownie wird KOH Bronco - Seite 4 - Axial Wraith 2,2" - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 01-20-2012 01:57 AM
Axial 2010 MSD Scale Nationals - Página 2 - TwistedAndes This thread Refback 10-10-2011 01:41 PM
Staffware´s Brownie wird KOH Bronco - Seite 4 - Axial Wraith 2,2" - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-10-2011 01:08 PM

Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OMG... 2012 Scale Nats TTC teaser, just a few days late toyofast Scale Videos! 10 11-14-2015 08:10 PM
RC4WD SCALE JAMBOREE QUÉBEC 2015 The biggest Scale event in Canada danbillyboo Competitions 26 10-04-2015 09:54 PM
PinchFlat’s MSD Scale Nats TTC Entry - Sami Buggy PinchFlat 1.9 Scale Rigs 127 05-09-2011 10:57 PM