Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #1081
PapaGriz Yo

Default Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKs(Paint and interior updates pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I'll see if I can whip up some sealed endbells in time. Maybe, just maybe I can make it happen!
That would be awesome John, I think I need to get something just in case though. I'll prolly have to order a Pro4/MMP this week from you.
I'm just not sure the 7T Puller can hang with these guys in the TTC.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #1082
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKs(Paint and interior updates pg

Yeah, it would be a good idea. Dang "other" motor we had talked about never came through.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #1083
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Yeah, it would be a good idea. Dang "other" motor we had talked about never came through.
Such a bummer.
If you were positive you could get one done I'd throw in a BRXL. The MMP gives me options for later though.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #1084
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNAL View Post
Such a great job on the rebuild ! ! ! . I can't wait to see it done . Always been a fan of Guido . I still have the R/C mag it was featured in . And the Crawl with your Bronco in it .
Thanks INFERNAL. I'm honored you have a collection of my media appearances. Do you have the 2nd RC Crawler mag with the Holmes ad with Guido?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
Isn't it fun fitting 10lbs of shat into 5lb bag ?
OMG. It's a serious PITA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Oh, momma! This is looking even better than I'd imagined!
Right on Tommy, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I'll have to update my Action Guido computer wallpaper once you get finished!
Yeah, we willl have to do another trail ride and get some pics. Maybe some air-time pics at the dirt track by work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
I'll bring the pedal and glue with me then so you can be as cool as Cartefab and have a Footy gas pedal in Guido. ...
Sweet!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #1085
PapaGriz Yo

It's been a while so I thought I'd take some time to update. I was up till 2am last night so I'm going to bed tonight.

Got a couple packages in the mail on Thursday.

Did some wiring work. This is the connector for the rear steer servo, I wanted something easy to disconnect and that used the factory connector so I can reprogram the BEC voltage easily if I want.
The servo plugs into the the servo extension connector from the rx on the right. The power wire has been cut and soldered to the connector on the left. The BEC will plug in the connector on the left. This way power goes straight to the servo from the BEC and the signal goes straight to the servo. The ground wires were tied together for good measure.

Lego Brickarms hand grenade shifter handles are installed. I think they look great, thanks for the suggestions guys.

Winch and fairlead are installed.

Not much room.

I took Friday off work and got busy on the front axle. I have the dog leg on the link mounts in case I decide to go dual shocks on the front again.

Not bad.....

I decided to leave all the weld beads, just so there is no mistake that this baby is fully welded and nothing is machined. The weld look might not appeal to everyone, but to me a nice set of beads is just as beautiful as a CNC machined part.

Added a hoop to attach a limiting strap if necessary.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #1086
PapaGriz Yo

Cleaned up the axle and sealed all the gaps and holes with epoxy to keep crud out from under the truss. I also painted the inside of the truss before I welded it.

Installing the Vanquish BEEF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
Get a final weight on the assembly if you could. My front came in at exactly 1lb dressed out. It does have a steel highland crawlers HD locker and that's pretty heavy on its own.
6.5oz bare housing
13oz fully dressed

Old 09-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #1087
PapaGriz Yo

Got another package today.
Man I wish someone had the HD gears in stock. I have an underdrive set for the rear but all I have are the stock ones for the front. Luckily I have lots of spares. I'll just have to turn down the power of the Pro4 a bit to save the front gears. Except for in the mud pit and truck pull of course. twisted:

I just love the look of the 3/16" links on the front. So much more scale than 1/4".

MIP AX10 CVD fits up front.

Maxx shaft in the rear, unless someone knows a good way to extend the MIP CVD. Three BEC and a mess of wire hide under the floorboard.

Finally got the tool box done. This will hold the battery. Picked up a Reign RC whip antennae from RPP Hobby also. Gotta love an old school whip.

I had to get creative to make the lid open because of my shock mount design.

That's it for now.
I have decided that there is no way I can build a rear axle in time. The main problem is building another truss and servo mount. It just takes so much time.
So C*H*U*D has offered to trade me for a set of long beef tubes he has. This way I can use the XR10 shafts I have for the rear, have a matching width in the rear, but still use the AX10 truss and servo mount that's on the rear axle. I will build the rear AR60 axle after NWSC sometime. It's a bummer, but the only reasonable solution.

Thanks for looking guys.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 09-18-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #1088
I wanna be Dave

Some builders do it the easy way and some do it the Grizzly4x4 and Chino63 way.

This update is just inspiring, nice work sir!
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #1089
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
Some builders do it the easy way and some do it the Grizzly4x4 and Chino63 way.

This update is just inspiring, nice work sir!
Thanks Justin, that's quite a compliment to put my name next to chino's. Just trying to keep it fresh.

Just in case anyone missed it in the previous post. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions to lengthen the MIP CVD for the rear driveshaft. If anyone has a technique that works I'd love to hear it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #1090
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Just in case anyone missed it in the previous post. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions to lengthen the MIP CVD for the rear driveshaft. If anyone has a technique that works I'd love to hear it.
I have heard some people are using the below.

MIP Spline-CVD™ Male Bone Long, Traxxas E-Revo, T-Maxx 3.3

MIP Spline CVD™ Bone, Traxxas Summit
MIP Spline CVD™ Bone, Traxxas Summit (1)

Junfac Hardened Universal Shaft (107-142mm) 5mm hole
Junfac Hardened Universal Shaft (107-142mm) 5mm hole (1) (Honcho Rear and Wraith front and rear) #J90033*-*Driveline Parts: Driveshafts and driveshaft parts*-*-By Truck: Axial AX10 Scorpion, SCX10, Honcho*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

BTW, happy 12,000 posts.

Last edited by justinart24; 09-18-2012 at 12:54 AM.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #1091
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
I have heard some people are using the below.

MIP Spline CVD™ Bone, Traxxas Summit
MIP Spline CVD™ Bone, Traxxas Summit (1)

Junfac Hardened Universal Shaft (107-142mm) 5mm hole
Junfac Hardened Universal Shaft (107-142mm) 5mm hole (1) (Honcho Rear and Wraith front and rear) #J90033*-*Driveline Parts: Driveshafts and driveshaft parts*-*-By Truck: Axial AX10 Scorpion, SCX10, Honcho*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

BTW, happy 12,000 posts.
Page not found
Page not found
Page not found

EDIT: For some reason the links work now....weird.

But I did a search and found them on Tower. Thanks for the suggestion Justin.

Oh, I didn't even notice my post counter... happy 12,000 indeed.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #1092
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post

What is the total length you need back there?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #1093
Pebble Pounder

Default re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates

Guido's such a classic....Inspired my builds. Hell helped me decide to get back in the hobby.
I extended a junfac drive shaft by cutting a piece of the a female side off and brazed it on to the one I wanted to extend. I greased a male shaft (made sure not to get flux on it) used it to align it and a v-block to lay it in so it's all parallel. Worked pretty good. Not sure how a MIP would do, more splines to be sure to line up.
Just an idea.
Keep up the great work.
LuckyDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #1094
www.team3sixrc.com

Just awesome, is iit possible for this to not be anymore awesome?
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #1095
RCC Addict

Add a couple more screws to your axle C's, without splines they like to work loose at the worst possible time.

Other than that, absolutely awesome work. You are one of the last true builders in this hobby
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #1096
I wanna be Dave

Grizz, use two female sides one each end, and cut the male spline off and attach to one of the female ends.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #1097
TEAM RCC

Great job Griz! New updates are awesome. I love the old school way of building. Its becoming a thing of the past with computers and CNC's.
CRF450R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #1098
RCC Addict

Great updates can't wait to see this in 2weeks. I missed v. Whatever the last one was. Last I saw Guido was MSD 2008
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #1099
20K Club

Looking good Griz!! That front axle is quite the example of 10 of S in a 5 lb bucket! Nice work getting it all on there.

I have got to get to work on mine! I am finding the same problem with gears right now. I want to get gears that have the cross pin is my issue. I have some old standard style HD gears that I could go to in a pinch but I want that security of the cross pin...
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #1100
RCC Addict

I've seen a couple of those cross pin gears snapped locally.... just a heads up. They are snapping right at the drilled pinhole
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bronco, guido, holmes hobbies, irok, rc crawler, scale, top truck challenge, ttc, vanquish, wraith axles

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/70328-guido-scale-ttc-bronco-2015-scale-nats-updates.html
Posted By For Type Date
Staffware´s Brownie wird KOH Bronco - Seite 4 - Axial Wraith 2,2" - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 01-20-2012 01:57 AM
Axial 2010 MSD Scale Nationals - Página 2 - TwistedAndes This thread Refback 10-10-2011 01:41 PM
Staffware´s Brownie wird KOH Bronco - Seite 4 - Axial Wraith 2,2" - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-10-2011 01:08 PM

Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OMG... 2012 Scale Nats TTC teaser, just a few days late toyofast Scale Videos! 10 11-14-2015 08:10 PM
RC4WD SCALE JAMBOREE QUÉBEC 2015 The biggest Scale event in Canada danbillyboo Competitions 26 10-04-2015 09:54 PM
PinchFlat’s MSD Scale Nats TTC Entry - Sami Buggy PinchFlat 1.9 Scale Rigs 127 05-09-2011 10:57 PM