RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   2.2 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/70328-guido-scale-ttc-bronco-2015-scale-nats-updates.html)

dezfan 03-10-2008 12:10 PM

Damn Griz, my hat's off to you.

It looks trick!"thumbsup"

TURTLE 03-10-2008 12:11 PM

Man Very nice tire work Chrizlybear. This tires actually look like they will hook up now."thumbsup"

Grizzly4x4 03-10-2008 01:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by exesivefire (Post 1090713)
Looking better everyday!

Complete awesomeness :shock:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 1090715)
wow the tires look even better now :shock: "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENDER (Post 1090723)
Nice work on the steering Griz, and those tires turned out awesome. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 1090735)
Cha ching, Cha Ching!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecker (Post 1090751)
B E A utiful!
Those tires look even better with the grooving."thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1090752)
Damn Griz, my hat's off to you.

It looks trick!"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 1090753)
Man Very nice tire work Chrizlybear. This tires actually look like they will hook up now."thumbsup"

Thanks guys, I appreciate the good words. "thumbsup" I'm super stoked about these tires, they have been alot of work but I think they are worth it (looks-wise anyway).

Here's a shot of the tire where I cut the points off the center lugs. I'll get the rest looking like this one.

While I was home at lunch I mocked up the interior, I just couldn't wait any longer for some pics. The tube work for the tranny hump is 1/8" Styrene rod held together with Styrene sheet. I hand bent the 0.050" thick aluminum panels and they secure to the Styrene with 2mm button head screws. The paint looks blue in the pics but it's Plum Crazy Purple, same color I'm going to use on the cage.
The Art Carr shifter is made from a combination of Styrene and aluminum sheet. It bolts together with 4 screws from the sides, just like the real thing.
The shifter are miniature toggle switches and each one is going to serve a function. "thumbsup"
As you can see, all the gauges light up. Not as cool as 1BJB's gauges, but it still gets the idea across. "thumbsup"

I thought the dash was done but Im going to have to redo the outer panel cuz there is an angle that's off and makes things look wierd.

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 03-10-2008 07:14 PM

Dy-No-Mite!!!!

doudou 03-10-2008 07:17 PM

more , more , moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............

rockwell 03-10-2008 08:07 PM

:shock::oops: I think im in love! Man grizz, those tires look killer. I hope all that time not only pays off in aesthetics, but an even better performing tire, cause they already look killer. This is one rig i can't wait to see in Montana"thumbsup"

braceysdad 03-10-2008 08:49 PM

Dang man, that is looking sa wheat...

Still needs one minor detail to set it off, I'll let you know if I figure it out!

CRF450R 03-10-2008 08:52 PM

Nice work Griz the shifters and tires look SICK"thumbsup"

ZJ Jarod 03-10-2008 09:47 PM

Looks hecka sick, keep us updated."thumbsup"

Nova's Ark 03-11-2008 03:30 PM

Very nice build.

You mentioned earlier that in the first buildup you used an R2, Integy 45T w/ 14 tooth pinion and power came from an 8 cell AA pack. What ESC were you using? More importantly, which one are you going to use this time with the Axial trans and 10T Cobalt Puller?

What type of batteries and how much voltage do you plan to use?

Also, how much does Guido weigh?

Grizzly4x4 03-11-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 1091207)
Dy-No-Mite!!!!

:lol::lol: Thanks JJ! :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by doudou (Post 1091212)
more , more , moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............

:lol: more to come. ;-) Thanks doudou
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockwell (Post 1091296)
:shock::oops: I think im in love! Man grizz, those tires look killer. I hope all that time not only pays off in aesthetics, but an even better performing tire, cause they already look killer. This is one rig i can't wait to see in Montana"thumbsup"

Thanks rockwell, I hope it pays off too. We'll see you there for sure. "thumbsup"
Quote:

Originally Posted by braceysdad (Post 1091370)
Dang man, that is looking sa wheat...

Still needs one minor detail to set it off, I'll let you know if I figure it out!

Lemme know if you get it figured out BD. :lol: Thanks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRF450R (Post 1091374)
Nice work Griz the shifters and tires look SICK"thumbsup"

Thanks man. 8)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZJ Jarod (Post 1091491)
Looks hecka sick, keep us updated."thumbsup"

"Hecka sick" I like that. :lol: Thanks Jarod.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 1092415)
Very nice build.

You mentioned earlier that in the first buildup you used an R2, Integy 45T w/ 14 tooth pinion and power came from an 8 cell AA pack. What ESC were you using? More importantly, which one are you going to use this time with the Axial trans and 10T Cobalt Puller?

What type of batteries and how much voltage do you plan to use?

Also, how much does Guido weigh?

Thanks Nova. 8) Guido had an old school Super Rooster before.

The new electronics will be either a Mamba Max or Sidewinder, I have to decide which one yet, and a CCBEC.
For batteries, here's a clue, 12 cells, and the double pole, double throw, center off toggle switch used in the tranny shifter has something to do with it. ;-)

Nova's Ark 03-11-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 1092428)
The new electronics will be either a Mamba Max or Sidewinder, I have to decide which one yet, and a CCBEC.
For batteries, here's a clue, 12 cells, and the double pole, double throw, center off toggle switch used in the tranny shifter has something to do with it. ;-)

:shock:12 cells:shock:, and the double pole, double throw, center off toggle switch used in the tranny shifter has something to do with it.:shock::?::!::shock:

No wonder you mentioned slipper for the trans to soften the landing from catching air:shock::twisted::!:.

Wow! Extremely cool and even more interesting!

Go for the Mamba Max. With as much time, thought and energy you have invested in the custom build, use the best. It's totally worth it.

BTW, what are you using for a TX & RX?

Grizzly4x4 03-11-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 1092442)
:shock:12 cells:shock:, and the double pole, double throw, center off toggle switch used in the tranny shifter has something to do with it.:shock::?::!::shock:

No wonder you mentioned slipper for the trans to soften the landing from catching air:shock::twisted::!:.

Wow! Extremely cool and even more interesting!

Go for the Mamba Max. With as much time, thought and energy you have invested in the custom build, use the best. It's totally worth it.

BTW, what are you using for a TX & RX?

:lol:;-)
Yeah, yer prolly right on the MM. I wanted to try the Sidewinder in my comp rig anyway just to get a feel for it.

Radio will be a Spektrum DX3 and RX. I have 2 SR3000 RX's but those tiny little SR3500's look like they will fit in the fuel cell nicely. "thumbsup"

Nova's Ark 03-11-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 1092467)
Radio will be a Spektrum DX3 and RX. I have 2 SR3000 RX's but those tiny little SR3500's look like they will fit in the fuel cell nicely. "thumbsup"

Yeah that RX is tiny. So only three channels though? What is going to be on the third channel?

Grizzly4x4 03-11-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 1092495)
Yeah that RX is tiny. So only three channels though? What is going to be on the third channel?

The winch will be the third channel.
I don't know what else I would control if I had 4 channels. I suppose maybe one of the toggle switches, but I don't have any more room to hide another servo.

Oze30 03-11-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 1092507)
The winch will be the third channel.
I don't know what else I would control if I had 4 channels. I suppose maybe one of the toggle switches, but I don't have any more room to hide another servo.

Nice idea on the toggles!!

You could always fit micro servo's.

On the steering things, couldn't you mount the servo the other way, make a sump for it and use the other half of the bell crank?basically doing what you did on the bottom half up top. (clod bell crank, but turn the top arm 180* TT that shape as opposed to TL that way excuse the basic ascii!)

racerx 03-12-2008 01:03 PM

Finally! Now I can do the shifter trick Grizz told me about LAST YEAR at Montana!:lol::lol: JK Very cool Chris!

Grizzly4x4 03-12-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oze30 (Post 1092832)
Nice idea on the toggles!!

You could always fit micro servo's.

On the steering things, couldn't you mount the servo the other way, make a sump for it and use the other half of the bell crank?basically doing what you did on the bottom half up top. (clod bell crank, but turn the top arm 180* TT that shape as opposed to TL that way excuse the basic ascii!)

I really don't think I can fit any more electronics in the space I have left. :lol: Having a full open interior and engine compartment really limits your options. There will be an engine in there also.

You mean drive the bellcrank with the servo from the top, and have the bottom arm drive the steering draglink. Right?
I thought about that but then I had two problems.
1) The upper arm needed alot of clearance to swing and interfered with the frame rails.
2) The servo arm being up top would be hard to hide and doesn't look scale.
Keep watching, I have a plan to hide the servo body so that when you take the body off, you wont know there is a servo there. ;-)"thumbsup"

The goal here is to not be able to see any RC components..even with the body removed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerx (Post 1093781)
Finally! Now I can do the shifter trick Grizz told me about LAST YEAR at Montana!:lol::lol: JK Very cool Chris!

:lol::lol: Yup, feel free to use the idea now. "thumbsup"

Thanks guys. 8)
No guesses on the toggle switch yet? :lol:

racerx 03-12-2008 02:41 PM

Nitrous boost? Flip the switch add 3 or 4 cells??

Grizzly4x4 03-12-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerx (Post 1093913)
Nitrous boost? Flip the switch add 3 or 4 cells??

Very, very, close. "thumbsup" Actually it'll be adding 6 cells. I was thinking of it as 2nd gear, but nitrous boost works too. Mebbe I should order aother Wild Willy driver tree and get a nitrous bottle.

However, adding cells isn't all it'll do. ;-)