Notices

Thread: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #1381
PapaGriz Yo

Default Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
The guy in the passenger seat looks all stoned, Oh ya you live in Colorado. Thats the way everyone looks.
Right........
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #1382
~THE SCALE SHOP~

nice chris. anxious to see how the hot glue holds up.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:08 PM   #1383
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
nice chris. anxious to see how the hot glue holds up.
Thanks Cory.
I've used hot glue for all kinds of things, from waterproofing electronics to holding the body together on Guido. It seems to be super durable so I have high hopes. The hot glue on Guido's winch servo control board is 7 years old now and is still waterproof. The body panels I hot glued together on Guido are 2 years old now and I can't get them apart.

Time will tell though.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:25 AM   #1384
PapaGriz Yo

Default Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates

Got the other header done tonight. It definitely turned out better than the other I think.

I can't tell you what a pain in the arse it is to get the motor mount bolts in.

Almost together for the concourse tomorrow. A few things I am not going to have time to do unfortunately. Your vote in the concourse would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like I will be up all night to head out in the morning for the U4 race.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:05 AM   #1385
Quarry Creeper

looks great good luck

Sent from my Scale iPhone using Tapatalk
kenworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 04:51 AM   #1386
PapaGriz Yo

Finished.
RMSC 2015 starts in 4 hours.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:26 AM   #1387
Rock Crawler

Boss.
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #1388
bsn
Quarry Creeper

So after seeing Guido up in Helena a few years back, and seeing your progress over the years, one thing I have never figured out was why the small lower section in the rear fenders. It doesn't match the tube work and it is still cut high in the tailgate area? What is the reason? Just style?
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #1389
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisacarme View Post
Looking good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsn View Post
So after seeing Guido up in Helena a few years back, and seeing your progress over the years, one thing I have never figured out was why the small lower section in the rear fenders. It doesn't match the tube work and it is still cut high in the tailgate area? What is the reason? Just style?

Thanks guys! :cool:

Bsn, I like the look from the side with that part of the fender because I feel it gives back some of the Bronco look. You are right, from the rear it doesn't look right. That was a mistake on my part trying to get clearance for rear steer with the big tires. The next body will be cut better.

I was extremely happy with the way Guido worked with the changes. I feel that he was working better than ever. The smaller tires did not slow him down significantly; the only time it seemed to be noticeable was in the mud pit.
Not much to say about the comp courses. Guido didn't finish a single course; they were just too technical for a rig like this. I did get to gate 9 (of 10) on every course but the one where the steering link broke. Winching every obstacle just took too much time.

The TTC was amazing! The guys built some fun and challenging courses.

The truck pull went decent. I dropped a pound of weight by removing the figures, seats, and scale motor so that didn't help. I also didn't bother to break the bead on my tires to adjust for the altitude so they were a bit bouncy. Finally I think I may have attached the sled too far forward on the chassis and didn't get the suspension loaded properly. I did a similar mistake in The Montana TTC truck pull back in 2010.

I felt like Guido was making great time through the Rubicon, Obstacle Course, Frame Twister, and Tank Trap. It was just the electrical connector issue causing a DNF in the Obstacle Course and a couple fumbles on my part that hurt the results.
I was making good time (similar to War Pig) in the Rubicon but either the line he took over the last obstacle changed or I just couldn't find it (do it?). A few attempts to climb it and finally a winch over it cost me a good run.

The Hillclimb was a nasty, loose, steep, monster. I had tried it before and I psyched myself out into thinking I wouldn't do good. I simply didn't attack it aggressively enough.

An electrical issue caused an early DNF in the Obstacle course. For some reason I lost battery power to the truck. I couldn't figure it out before the Frame Twister so I put some dielectric grease on the battery Deans connector and hoped for the best. Near the end I got stuck on a nub sticking out from a log. A winch pull cost enough time to hurt my standings.
As I went to unplug the battery I noticed the lights go out just as I touched the battery connector. A wiggle caused the lights to come back on. Turns out that the spring tabs on the male Deans connector were flattened out a bit and not making good contact. I bent them a little and the electrical issue was solved. Not sure why that happened because that connector has been on there since 2012 NWSC. Oh well, sometimes yer the windshield and sometimes yer the bug.

The mud bog went good. It was a great pit and I ended up running through it several times just for fun. I think I could have had a faster time but I noticed that the motor rpms increased part way though but the truck didn't speed up. Turns out the torque of the Holmes Trailmaster BL motor was overcoming the cranked down slipper clutch and forcing to slip. Man I love that motor.

The Tank Trap was the last event and it was a good one. Not the hardest one ever but it was a challenge just the same. Guido had a great run going until the backflip at the very end before the finish. I almost saved it but ended up on the roof. The winch recovery took some time; but the 7th place finish suggests it could have been a great run.

The power and control of the Holmes Hobbies brushless Trailmaster motor and ESC and the Pit Bull Rock Beast II tires worked flawlessly through every event.

Thank you so much to Holmes Hobbies and RC Orva for the opportunity to run. It was a great event.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 05-05-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #1390
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Thanks guys! :cool:

Bsn, I like the look from the side with that part of the fender because I feel it gives back some of the Bronco look. You are right, from the rear it doesn't look right. That was a mistake on my part trying to get clearance for rear steer with the big tires. The next body will be cut better.

I was extremely happy with the way Guido worked with the changes. I feel that he was working better than ever. The smaller tires did not slow him down significantly; the only time it seemed to be noticeable was in the mud pit.
Not much to say about the comp courses. Guido didn't finish a single course; they were just too technical for a rig like this. I did get to gate 9 (of 10) on every course but the one where the steering link broke. Winching every obstacle just took too much time.

The TTC was amazing! The guys built some fun and challenging courses.

The truck pull went decent. I dropped a pound of weight by removing the figures, seats, and scale motor so that didn't help. I also didn't bother to break the bead on my tires to adjust for the altitude so they were a bit bouncy. Finally I think I may have attached the sled too far forward on the chassis and didn't get the suspension loaded properly. I did a similar mistake in The Montana TTC truck pull back in 2010.

I felt like Guido was making great time through the Rubicon, Obstacle Course, Frame Twister, and Tank Trap. It was just the electrical connector issue causing a DNF in the Obstacle Course and a couple fumbles on my part that hurt the results.
I was making good time (similar to War Pig) in the Rubicon but either the line he took over the last obstacle changed or I just couldn't find it (do it?). A few attempts to climb it and finally a winch over it cost me a good run.

The Hillclimb was a nasty, loose, steep, monster. I had tried it before and I psyched myself out into thinking I wouldn't do good. I simply didn't attack it aggressively enough.

An electrical issue caused an early DNF in the Obstacle course. For some reason I lost battery power to the truck. I couldn't figure it out before the Frame Twister so I put some dielectric grease on the battery Deans connector and hoped for the best. Near the end I got stuck on a nub sticking out from a log. A winch pull cost enough time to hurt my standings.
As I went to unplug the battery I noticed the lights go out just as I touched the battery connector. A wiggle caused the lights to come back on. Turns out that the spring tabs on the male Deans connector were flattened out a bit and not making good contact. I bent them a little and the electrical issue was solved. Not sure why that happened because that connector has been on there since 2012 NWSC. Oh well, sometimes yer the windshield and sometimes yer the bug.

The mud bog went good. It was a great pit and I ended up running through it several times just for fun. I think I could have had a faster time but I noticed that the motor rpms increased part way though but the truck didn't speed up. Turns out the torque of the Holmes Trailmaster BL motor was overcoming the cranked down slipper clutch and forcing to slip. Man I love that motor.

The Tank Trap was the last event and it was a good one. Not the hardest one ever but it was a challenge just the same. Guido had a great run going until the backflip at the very end before the finish. I almost saved it but ended up on the roof. The winch recovery took some time; but the 7th place finish suggests it could have been a great run.

The power and control of the Holmes Hobbies brushless Trailmaster motor and ESC and the Pit Bull Rock Beast II tires worked flawlessly through every event.

Thank you so much to Holmes Hobbies and RC Orva for the opportunity to run. It was a great event.

how much does this rig weigh with everything on it? complete.
Mudman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #1391
PapaGriz Yo

In 2012 Guido weighed just under 12.5 lbs.
This version weighs 11.5 lbs.
For the TTC he weighed 10.5 lbs.
That's ready to go with the 2200mAh 3S battery.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:06 PM   #1392
Rock Crawler

It's always a honor to watch Guido and his handler run. Still one of my all time favorite rigs

Last edited by Moosekey; 05-06-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Moosekey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #1393
RCC Addict

can you notice and differance running the 1.9's? with having more sidewall does it hurt your side hilling?
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #1394
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosekey View Post
It's always a honor to watch Guido and his handler run. Still one of my all time favorite rigs
Thanks Luis. I really loved driving your rig, it made me feel like a great driver. I want to build one like it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
can you notice and differance running the 1.9's? with having more sidewall does it hurt your side hilling?

Not really. The sidewall is the same height as with 2.2 wheels. The Crawler Innovations foams made the tires work better than ever before so I'm happy with the setup. Guido has never been so stable on side hills. Not that it's as stable as a rig like Luis'.
I could try to compare to the 4.75" 1.9 tires on my Rubicon but the weight and CG difference between the rigs is a bigger factor in the handling.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:54 PM   #1395
I wanna be Dave

Love all the updates, I missed where you went with ar60s, they look surprisingly good under there.

It's awesome to have seen the evolution of this rig, and I admire your dedication on keeping it going. One day I hope to have a rig I like enough to do that. I got close with the hack-a-lac but I have an idea or two on where to start.

I do have a nib wraith here....
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #1396

With the coil spring mounts couldn't you have angled them just a bit to get the axle out farther?
Wiley01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:25 PM   #1397
RCC Addict

Hey Griz! how do you like the HH BLE ESC?, Have you ever ran a Mamba Max Pro? I have an MMP that's going on my Wraith, but considering selling it, and getting the HH BLE instead, just curious about how it compares in terms of dishing out good speed, and slow strart up. Thanks, Guido is killer cool as usual!
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bronco, guido, holmes hobbies, irok, rc crawler, scale, top truck challenge, ttc, vanquish, wraith axles

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/70328-guido-scale-ttc-bronco-2015-scale-nats-updates.html
Posted By For Type Date
Staffware´s Brownie wird KOH Bronco - Seite 4 - Axial Wraith 2,2" - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 01-20-2012 01:57 AM
Axial 2010 MSD Scale Nationals - Página 2 - TwistedAndes This thread Refback 10-10-2011 01:41 PM
Staffware´s Brownie wird KOH Bronco - Seite 4 - Axial Wraith 2,2" - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-10-2011 01:08 PM

Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OMG... 2012 Scale Nats TTC teaser, just a few days late toyofast Scale Videos! 10 11-14-2015 08:10 PM
RC4WD SCALE JAMBOREE QUÉBEC 2015 The biggest Scale event in Canada danbillyboo Competitions 26 10-04-2015 09:54 PM
PinchFlat’s MSD Scale Nats TTC Entry - Sami Buggy PinchFlat 1.9 Scale Rigs 127 05-09-2011 10:57 PM