Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Yota Trail Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Yota Trail Rig

Here is my project that i have been working on slowly for the last few days. I decided to get it all ready for the stuff i have coming. I'm going to use tlt axles with the rear 4 linked, front winch, lights, and its going to be waterproofed. Here is what i started with.

Then i took the tranny out along with all that black plastic stuff.

And then i took the rear axle out.

Thats all i have done now. My other stuff should come this week. I am going to keep it blue for now until i learn more about body work. Then i am going to take off that top and make a working tool box that will hold the switch for the lights and some other stuff. I might paint it also. I have a cool idea for the color that i havent seen much of before.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

looks like a good start..how is everybody affording these bruisers..wish i could
FORD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

narrow them broosers man! its easy as pie! lol are you gonna sell the parts leftover? it would be a great way to fund the new parts. also body work isnt that hard really, i think youll be fine.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yeah i'm going to sell the tranny, wheels and tires, axles, and hubs. A lot of other stuff too probably. I dont think i could narrow the axles. I would use the method 51504rock did with the c's but the rear would be a lot harder for me. I dont know how exactly and i dont have a lot of tools. Im just 15.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
Im just 15.
excuses are like assholes, everybodys got em and they all stink. im only 21. ask fer help goofball.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:30 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

how did you afford a bruiser at 15..
Old 07-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #7

hes workin for his dad if i remember.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:38 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

must be making good money..looks like its going to be a sweet build
Old 07-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #9

he also lives in california where 600 bucks is chump change.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Yeah i am working for my dad this summer. I already paid it off.

Actually i have other reasons i dont want the bruiser axles. First, i have heard the front axle is really weak and i have also heard rc4wd's replacement is horrible and $50 compared to $8 for the tlt's. Second, i dont have lots of the tools to do that kind of stuff. I dont have anything to drill a hole for the hex pin, or anything to re-thread the rear axle shaft after i narrowed it. Third, if i kept them, i wouldnt want to get them muddy or wet. And they dont look very waterproof. I dont feel like re greasing them every other run. It rains a lot in the winter here so it will be seeing a lot of mud. My dad does have a cnc machine though and i am learning how to run it, so i might be able to beg and put it to some good use.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #11

ive been rompin on my two bruiser fronts and the regular dip in a mudhole. you think tlts are waterproof? i greased mine once and just took them apart to find no ill effects, they grease was still pretty and smelled good too. quit bein a ***** and run what you brung! im saying that with all sincerity you know that right. dont narrow them if you dont have to, or you could send it to that keith guy for 75 bucks and have yourself a narrowed rear.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I just dont see why i should keep the bruisers. I dont want to spend a ton more money on this. And if i sell these i can use it to buy the other parts. Its not like it is to much work but i dont have anything to build the stuff needed. And my dad would never let me send a random guy my axle and $75 no matter how much i asked. Im not going for all out scale but something for messing around. I am saving all my other money for 1:1 stuff. I want to keep this as cheap as possible from now on. So if i want to do that, i need to sell the bruiser axles. I know im going against your "built, not bought" sig but i already made my mind up.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #13
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
he also lives in california where 600 bucks is chump change.

Yup, we're all rich out here in Cali. We look down on all you other states because we all have mansions, butlers, millions and Rolls Royces. I personally have two chefs, and "my" people do everything for me! I just lay in bed and bark orders over the intercom. My Bruiser collection fills an entire warehouse top to bottom.

NorCal, do what you want with your Bruiser. Who cares what the others would do if they owned it. AFTER ALL IT IS YOURS.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

hay u should just keep ur bruiser axles there more scale than anything ull find on the market and they can be a better setup i know what u mean saving for 1;1 stuff im doing the same thing but use the stuff u have that looks good and have fun with it the more scale the funner it is were i live if i dont get it for free i usually dont get it i git licky for chrismas i got a hilift and its awsome i wish i could aford a bruiser but i cant find a job but seriously keep the bruiser axles if its going to be 2.2 plus the bruisers are a little wider and give u a more stability
hiliftcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #15
RCC Addict

I am going for performance, not the most scale truck ever. yeah i want it to be scale but i dont really care if it looks exactly like a real truck. If i wanted that, i would have used 1.9s. I just want to have fun with it and not have to worry about breaking an axle. I like to drive out of spots when i get my tire wedged in a crack or something, so bruiser axles wont cut it for me.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #16

true dat. i understand, ill leave you alone. and get to building already. you should use diaz springs man, they will flex waaay better than the stock steel. ill trade you a pair for your front axle. lol
Old 07-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Some of my stuff might come today if it was sent in the mail. If not today then tomorrow. I dont think i will get diaz springs. You broke a ton of them right? And they are like $40 for a full set. I already have two bruiser ones for the front and two others as spares.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #18

yeah they break but the difference is night and day. what parts did you get?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #19
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
true dat. i understand, ill leave you alone. and get to building already. you should use diaz springs man, they will flex waaay better than the stock steel. ill trade you a pair for your front axle. lol
You say you will leave him alone then you bark multiple suggestions and orders Your 21? I think Brian acts way more mature than you do on the board

Looks great so far man! Just as chino stated, do what you want. I am the same way, performance over scale, if it doesnt perform I dont care how good it looks, I wont drive it.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
You say you will leave him alone then you bark multiple suggestions and orders Your 21? I think Brian acts way more mature than you do on the board

dude i think i just got pwned.