Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds

Notices

Thread: 2015 RC Crawling Worlds- Las Vegas Sept 11, 12, 13th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default 2015 RC Crawling Worlds- Las Vegas Sept 11, 12, 13th

Tickets live now, pick them up here- http://rcorva.com/events/?cmd=event_...e&event_id=206

exact location for parking http://goo.gl/maps/ctiYR
36°35'36.5"N 114°31'36.0"W

Tentative Schedule, may be subject to change:

Friday-
7am: Course building begins
8am: Driver Check in
9am: 2.2S courses open
10am: TrailMaster Challenge open
5pm: Courses close, finals 2.2S course building begins
6pm: Finals 2.2S
7pm: Awards Ceremony

Saturday-
9am: 2.2P and Unlimited standard courses open
5pm: Courses close, finals 2.2P and Unlimited course building begins
6pm: Finals begins
7pm: Awards Ceremony
8pm: Night TrailMaster Challenge begins

Sunday-
9am: Super, 1.9, and Unlimited Mini courses open
5pm: Courses close, finals course building begins if applicable
6pm: Finals if applicable
7pm: Awards Ceremony, with overall winner announcements

We are in the final stages of planning Worlds for this year, and wanted to give everybody a heads up for the date and location. Sept 11- 13th, near Las Vegas. Cheap lodging, cheap tickets, easy in and out, and PLENTY of high caliber rock!

This year we will run the classic comp classes of 1.9, 2.2S and MOA, and Super class. We will also have the Unlimited 12" and 16" gate classes on the roster.

For folks that are more into scale rigs, we will have stock, modified, and custom trail classes with their own trail loop and challenge sections. These challenges will not have Pro judging, but will be self judged or driver-behind-you judged with simpler rules for a more relaxed and low key environment. We have a RECON G6 certified host Josh Harris that is dedicated to just this portion of the event, so it is sure to be a great time!

Stay tuned for more updates

Don't know what unlimited, mod, and stock rigs are? See this post:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/usrcc...-rulesets.html

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 07-30-2015 at 01:26 PM.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2015 RC Crawling Worlds- Las Vegas Sept 11, 12, 13th

Hmmm, I have been wanting to head back to Vegas...
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Cheap lodging, cheap tickets, easy in and out, and PLENTY of high caliber rock!
Plenty of Rocks and cheap slots!

Sounds like a party
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #4
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Hey JRH,

What finishing positions in each class from 2014 get eligible invites to 2015? You may want to remove the dates (2014 etc) from the main "Worlds" thread header.

Cheers,

J

PS and remove the 2014 stickied threads
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #5

I don't have powers to modify forum titles.

Didn't consider anything from 2014 rolling over, but it would make sense to have top three from each class have eligibility for the overall worlds title again even if they didn't get an invite in the 2015 season.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Didn't consider anything from 2014 rolling over, but it would make sense to have top three from each class have eligibility for the overall worlds title again even if they didn't get an invite in the 2015 season.
Would that also include the top 3 overall title holders from last year!?
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:01 PM   #7
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:

I believe that is what has been done in the past few years.

And...bring on Vegas it was pretty good to me in 2011.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #8
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:

Well poo. I guess the Top 5 transfer from all past years just got trimmed to 3 so I am ineligible for the title class this year unless I win in AZ, regardless of how well I do at the actual comp. Fudge. That sucks.

Given that there are only 4 qualifiers this year (ECC, NENQ, BOTW, AZSS) and none will have sufficient attendance to have 2 spots per class qualify (40 drivers) means that only one driver per class per qualifier will qualify to drive for the world title in each class. Add that to the three class transfers from last Worlds gives you only 7 drivers in each class that have an actual shot at the world title? Is this correct?

Cheers,

J
Old 05-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #9

I'll take top 5's from last year, I just couldn't find the standards from previous years. I'm open and flexible on this stuff, it's a small group of folks these days and I'm more interested in making sure it is fun for everyone.

Clubs (any club in the world) that host a series will also have their top finishers able to take the 2015 overall title. So we will have club winners, qualifier winners, and last years winners all eligible for an overall. We could extend it down to top 3 or 5 for regionals and clubs. So even without an "invite" for first place, the folks that participate in some way can get 2015 overall.

I just want to give folks that participate an extra bonus. I think we should reward the folks that put in work leading up to Worlds. Somebody can still just buy a ticket and win the event, but it never seemed right IMO to let them take the yearly title based on just one finish. It's just one event, people have bad days and good days. If you drove well enough to qualify AND beat all the other qualified people that day then it speaks volumes about the driving skills and commitment. If you did nothing all year and managed to win, it could have just been luck or maybe it is skill. I want people to show their skills more than once to claim the best of the best for this year. It's a helluva claim to be the best!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #10
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
I'll take top 5's from last year, I just couldn't find the standards from previous years. I'm open and flexible on this stuff, it's a small group of folks these days and I'm more interested in making sure it is fun for everyone.

Clubs (any club in the world) that host a series will also have their top finishers able to take the 2015 overall title. So we will have club winners, qualifier winners, and last years winners all eligible for an overall. We could extend it down to top 3 or 5 for regionals and clubs. So even without an "invite" for first place, the folks that participate in some way can get 2015 overall.

I just want to give folks that participate an extra bonus. I think we should reward the folks that put in work leading up to Worlds. Somebody can still just buy a ticket and win the event, but it never seemed right IMO to let them take the yearly title based on just one finish. It's just one event, people have bad days and good days. If you drove well enough to qualify AND beat all the other qualified people that day then it speaks volumes about the driving skills and commitment. If you did nothing all year and managed to win, it could have just been luck or maybe it is skill. I want people to show their skills more than once to claim the best of the best for this year. It's a helluva claim to be the best!
Now you're talkin. Inclusive is best at this point. I agree that only the qualified drivers can win the title but let's expand the list of "qualified" drivers to motivate them to attend Nats. How do you want to handle the international gents? I say if you're crazy enough to circle the globe for a comp you can win the title. Not my call...

Hey all,

Please respond to help me complete this list of all US clubs that had comps this season and which classes you ran. This way we can see the math on qualifying the top 2,3,4,5 drivers from each club instead of each state. There ain't many states or clubs left. Just thinking out loud. Questions, comments and suggestions welcome. Let's sort this out ASAP so guys can make plans and get it on in Vegas.

Cheers,

J

Organizations/Events in green have complete information at the time of last "Reason for Editing" below.

Last edited by SkaldidDog; 05-19-2015 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Updated info.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #11
Wanna get? Gotta want.

To be clear on the local comps and qualifying....

We have been having comps again, but its just the 2 of us. In order for it to be a comp you need 3?

I love the idea of doing more work to be the best of the year but agree with what is said above... need a way to pull more contenders in. Top 5 or top 10 from qualifiers too since its so small this year? Just trying to think of something.

I got 1st at BOTW, Joel got 2nd. If we show up to Worlds and Joel got 1st and I got 2nd, I would in my mind, consider Joel not only the Worlds champ but overall Champ. Edit: Thinking out loud, but Krawler Kev got 3rd at BOTW. If he were to get 1st at Worlds, I would even consider him to take both titles again.

Seems like there needs to be some sort of weighted average. Something like: Local placing x1, National qualifiers x2, Worlds x3? That way everybody has some sort of a shot, it benefits to do all of the events and makes the bigger events much more valuable.

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 05-01-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #12

Yes, 3 folks are needed for a comp. Since Joel got a high ranking spot at your qualifier event, he would be able to get overall title for this year at Worlds. The #1 driver at a regional getting a free ticket to Worlds is a different thing alltogether, that's just me being nice

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 05-01-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #13
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Yes, 3 folks are needed for a comp. Since Joel got a high ranking spot at your qualifier event, he would be able to get overall title for this year at Worlds. The #1 driver at a regional getting a free ticket to Worlds is a different thing alltogether, that's just me being nice
Making nice progress here. John, what is your initial definition of "high ranking" (top 3,4,5 etc) so I can populate my sheet and provide feeback on what the total potental "qualified" drivers in each class can be.

Also what's your call on the international gents?

Cheers,

J

Last edited by SkaldidDog; 05-01-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

SincityRC ran sporty class all season.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #15
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
SincityRC ran sporty class all season.
Got it. Thanks.

J
Old 05-01-2015, 11:27 AM   #16
RCC Addict

J,

ETRC has been running Pro, Sporty, and Trail this season.
ClassiCutCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #17
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms View Post
J,

ETRC has been running Pro, Sporty, and Trail this season.
Gracias.

J
Old 05-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Making nice progress here. John, what is your initial definition of "high ranking" (top 3,4,5 etc) so I can populate my sheet and provide feeback on what the total potental "qualified" drivers in each class can be.

Also what's your call on the international gents?

Cheers,

J

Start with top 5 on everything. For internationals, if we can get season and event information it can be handled the same. If that doesn't happen before Worlds then we can default to anybody willing to travel around the globe deserves to be qualified

The results tab on RC ORVA has listed events and results as they are posted. Results | RCORVA

When we can get some extra time to work on ORVA, we will add in overall rankings so people can easily track their progress through the season and the 2015 "qualified" people will show up as seasons and events close.

I've revamped this thread as well to show the updated method. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/usrcc...te-system.html I don't think we will need to use the top 1 or 2 driver invite per club system for a while, and if we do get back to those sort of numbers then we can probably adapt the judging system to allow for higher than 100 or 125 folks. The original reason for the 2 person per club limit was because of judging and time constraints, so it is certainly time to scrutinize everything and try to relax things a bit.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

ARCC is not having a "pro comp" this year.
Pro rigs..shaftys,moa are non existent in Arkansas.

We are however running Scale Trail class comps.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Calgary Crawlers are running a series of 2.2P and 1.9.

You guys are making some really positive prawgress here.

Keep up the great work and communication.
Krawler Kev is offline   Reply With Quote

2015 RC Crawling Worlds- Las Vegas Sept 11, 12, 13th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 "Famous Vegas Nights" Las Vegas, NV Sept. 21, 2013 DRIVNMF Recon G6 31 09-22-2013 02:14 PM
Crawling in Las Vegas? Orph3o General Crawlers 4 07-12-2013 11:17 PM
Las Vegas crawling doublej Nevada 40 06-07-2013 06:58 PM
Las Vegas crawling? underdog75 Nevada 5 02-19-2012 06:00 PM
Las Vegas Crawling sisterfunk Videos! 4 01-14-2012 09:11 AM