Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 07:15 AM   #1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
I want to let everyone with the 4PKS know that Futaba has written a software update to allow you to use the "SRV-VIEW" screen like you can with the 4PK, when using dual esc's. The update gets rid of the P-Mix screen that pops up and blocks the mix values for the esc's.
We should have the update available soon and I will post up once we have it. After we receive the update, you will need to send you transmitter in to Hobby Services for the update. I will post up pics of my updated transmitter software as soon as it gets updated.

J
You are my hero! At Crawlapalooza, I got lost in my mixing and didn't have the servo view available to get me out of it. Thanks for pushing the issue with the engineers. What typical turnaround times should we expect for updating the software?
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #1162
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I want to let everyone with the 4PKS know that Futaba has written a software update to allow you to use the "SRV-VIEW" screen like you can with the 4PK, when using dual esc's. The update gets rid of the P-Mix screen that pops up and blocks the mix values for the esc's.
We should have the update available soon and I will post up once we have it. After we receive the update, you will need to send you transmitter in to Hobby Services for the update. I will post up pics of my updated transmitter software as soon as it gets updated.

J
you know I bought this 4pks due to the rep that the 4pk had but I wish I would have bought a 4pk cause the S is and has been nothing but problems
sent it in to get jog dial fixed (I paid Shipping)
got back and Ps2 button is not working correctly (I paid to ship it back)
no you tell me when I get it back I will have to re-ship it for software update another 12.00

so 489.00 radio+36.00 to ship back to futaba please tell how is this a GOOD DEAL FOR THE CUSTOMER sounds like another early release that should have waited to me
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #1163

I hanv't had any problems like you've had. Honestly you're the first one (4PK included) I've ever heard who has had problems with the radio. I don't think it's early release syndrome, you must have just got a bad transmitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedone View Post
you know I bought this 4pks due to the rep that the 4pk had but I wish I would have bought a 4pk cause the S is and has been nothing but problems
no you tell me when I get it back I will have to re-ship it for software update another 12.00

so 489.00 radio+36.00 to ship back to futaba please tell how is this a GOOD DEAL FOR THE CUSTOMER sounds like another early release that should have waited to me
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #1164
20K Club

Quote:

Neither of those two buttons were changed from the 4PK so that is something that was a fluke and could have happened to 4PK or 4PKs.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #1165
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Like Harley stated, the buttons that you are having problems with have not changed. They are the same ones that are used on the 4PK. Unfortunately, just bad luck on your part.
The update is not a necessity. The only reason for the update is for those that like to use the servo view screen as their main screen and run dual esc's. Currently, you can't use the servo view screen and seethe values of the esc's. Immediately after receiving my 4PKS and setting it up I noticed this and notified Futaba. They were quick to change the programming and get an update out for people. In my opinion that's pretty awesome.

J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #1166
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
You are my hero! At Crawlapalooza, I got lost in my mixing and didn't have the servo view available to get me out of it. Thanks for pushing the issue with the engineers. What typical turnaround times should we expect for updating the software?
I just spoke with the service center and they said it is approximately a 2 day turnaround for the update.
J
Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #1167
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

J

Nice! This is what I was talking about the other day.

I love my 4PKS but not sure if I can go very long without it. I have been doing good so far without the servo view screen.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #1168
Pebble Pounder

Is there an adjustment somewhere on the 4pk for the center point of a servo? When I steer left or right the servo does not return to center.

Thanks
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #1169
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
Is there an adjustment somewhere on the 4pk for the center point of a servo? When I steer left or right the servo does not return to center.

Thanks
Yes, the Subtrim menu is what you are looking for.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #1170
Relaxed !

Unhappy help

okay, so i did the super setup and i have no rear burn and when i go to reverse it goes full throttle,otherwise it works fine !
i also use the 4pk for my xr10 and it works great on that!

any help is greatly appreciated!

dual fxr
4pk
twin blitz 35t'
super bullies
1700 amh 3s
twin 8711's
super juice
twin bec's
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #1171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

J

Do we contact Hobby Services first and set this up? Or just send it in?
And what do we ask for, Pmix update?

Thanks JDawg! Really looking forward to this
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #1172
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Do we contact Hobby Services first and set this up? Or just send it in?
And what do we ask for, Pmix update?

Thanks JDawg! Really looking forward to this

It is not necessary to contact them first. Just send it in with a note letting them know that you would like to have the software updated.
J
Old 10-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #1173
Rock Crawler

If anyone is needing the address

Hobby Services
3002 N. Apollo Drive, Suite #1
Champaign, IL 61822
Old 10-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #1174
20K Club

Quote:
If anyone is needing the address

Hobby Services
3002 N. Apollo Drive, Suite #1
Champaign, IL 61822
Thanks Jason, I am going to add a link in the first post for this as well
Old 10-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #1175
I wanna be Dave

There is actually a form that you need to send with it, not just a note....while a note can work, I have heard horror stories about people's stuff not getting repair correctly or returned to no-mans land with just a note....

The form is on the web page....

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #1176
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Thanks Jason, I am going to add a link in the first post for this as well
Good idea. Thanks
J
Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #1177
I wanna be Dave

I must of blew something up or something, Futaba is saying November 4th for it to be done! Add another 4 days shipping, I'll be lucky to make the next comp!

I think it might be Futaba found out I left them in 1989 to run Airtronics radios, and have ever since.......its revenge.

Later EddieO
Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #1178
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
I must of blew something up or something, Futaba is saying November 4th for it to be done! Add another 4 days shipping, I'll be lucky to make the next comp!

I think it might be Futaba found out I left them in 1989 to run Airtronics radios, and have ever since.......its revenge.

Later EddieO
Eddie,
I just got off the phone with the head of the Futaba service center and the turnaround time is still estimated at two days. They say it will be longer just in case.

Eddie there is a big picture of you hanging up at Futaba. They were devistated when you left and it has never been the same without you. LOL

I'm glad you finally wised up Eddie and came back

They also said that it is not necessary to fill out the form on their website, just make sure to include a note with all of your information and that you want the software update. If you are inclined to use the form that is great also. Link to the form below.
http://www.hobbyservices.com/service-form-futaba.html

There is no charge for updating your 4PKS and also no charge for shipping of the transmitter back to you.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me or contact Hobby Services.

J
Old 10-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #1179
I wanna be Dave

Looks my repair is already done, as the est no longer shows, but now shows nothing, but if I click on my unit, it shows the parts used to fix it. Looks like a I blew a nob and some other part.....

Hopefully its shipped....

While I know the form is not required, the horror stories I've heard about the note senders, thinks its worth the 2 minutes to print out the form!

Later EddieO
Old 10-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #1180
Rock Crawler

Question: I have setup according to Harley's 2.2MOA video.....Everything is working great. One thing I'd like to add though is the ability to instantly engage a reversed axle mode where front is powering forward while rear is powering backward. I know I can do this by dropping power in increments to rear axle until it actually reverses, but wanted something on the fly for bind up situations. Any ideas?
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM