Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #121
Got Worms?

If you're getting an error message "STVP GUI has stopped working" or STVP shuts down when you click program current tab

Download this patch, and run the application, this should solve your problems

http://www.overkillrc.com/GT3B/STVPI...ck24_patch.zip
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Ugh, installed the patch. Rebooted. I get the same problem, "STVP GUI has stopped working" and then it closes.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #123
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Ugh, installed the patch. Rebooted. I get the same problem, "STVP GUI has stopped working" and then it closes.
Have tried running as a admin?

Can you read the data on the radio?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Tried as admin and not, tried XP compatibility mode and normal.
Board Broken in 2. radio off.batteries in. plug in programer to radio, then to PC. open program. load firmware. but once i click program current tab it gives me the error and crashes.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #125
Got Worms?

Quote:
Tried as admin and not, tried XP compatibility mode and normal.
Board Broken in 2. radio off.batteries in. plug in programer to radio, then to PC. open program. load firmware. but once i click program current tab it gives me the error and crashes.
What happens when you click read-current tab? or try to verify or something...just somethiong to get the programmer communicating with the computer.

Also try to turn off your firewall, as windows is shutting it down because it thinks its a virus or malicious activity.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
What happens when you click read-current tab? or try to verify or something...just somethiong to get the programmer communicating with the computer.

Also try to turn off your firewall, as windows is shutting it down because it thinks its a virus or malicious activity.
crashes just the same when i try other tabs. Ill try to turn off the firewall. BTW was the LED on this part of the board? I noticed it doesnt light up anymore
Old 07-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #127
Got Worms?

Quote:
crashes just the same when i try other tabs. Ill try to turn off the firewall. BTW was the LED on this part of the board? I noticed it doesnt light up anymore
The flashing green led was not, but there is a red led, when that red led lights up that means its connected with stvp
Old 07-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Ahh ok, I havent seen the red LED yet haha. turning the firewall off didnt help. why is it always the simple stuff that gives you the most damn problems? this is frustrating
Old 07-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #129
Got Worms?

Quote:
Ahh ok, I havent seen the red LED yet haha. turning the firewall off didnt help. why is it always the simple stuff that gives you the most damn problems? this is frustrating
I don't know much about 7...so sorry if this is what you've been using as xp compatibility

This is vpc (virtual pc) with xp mode, i think it'll open xp in 7, this may allow you to run the st link

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

you may have to get on craigslist and buy an old laptop for 20 bucks...
Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #130
Got Worms?

If you don't have 7 pro or ultimate, then read thru this, although you'll need a xp disc

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11060...ons-and-vista/
Old 07-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don't know much about 7...so sorry if this is what you've been using as xp compatibility

This is vpc (virtual pc) with xp mode, i think it'll open xp in 7, this may allow you to run the st link

I can get a copy of XP pro on disk no prob. just really didnt want to have to open up the PC to install a spare drive & and then XP for a one time use. though it seems that will be what needs to happen. ill give the VPC a shot
Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Im running W7 Ultimate 32bit
Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #133
Got Worms?

ok, since you have ultimate it'll let you downloade vpc with xp...for users with home or starter read the second link i posted

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11060...ons-and-vista/

it will require a xp install disk, with code, but it won't require installing another hd, or opening your computer, or anything,\.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yea according to the error message spoo76 posted, windows 7 is basically trying to prevent a virus. There is the same protection in xp and vista but the driver disables it, it must not disable it in 7. I'll look around and see if i can find out if windows 7 for sure is the problem, and if there is a fix...windows 7 users may have to use the more expensive st link which can program all st micro chips not just the stm8s.
Remember Windows7 is 64 bit...xp and vista come in mostly 32 bit, but also 64 bit versions. Lots of software that works with xp and Vista does not work with Windows7. 64 bit is better, but takes time for everybody to write proper dedicated code for it. Sometimes the increased security in Win7 can be a problem too (but it's a good thing), you just have to adjust settings accordingly.

Quote:

Yes, use this linked sw or download VMWare Player (also free):

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

Either of these allow you to install and run a virtual xp machine on your Win7 machine, don't need any other drives, partitioned drive etc.

Last edited by Natedog; 07-08-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Remember Windows7 is 64 bit...xp and vista come in mostly 32 bit, but also 64 bit versions.
W7 also comes in 32 bit as I am running it. this and my previous PC are 64bit but the OS is W7 32 bit...which is lame but it was free.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
W7 also comes in 32 bit as I am running it. this and my previous PC are 64bit but the OS is W7 32 bit...which is lame but it was free.
Oops, forgot...you are correct and yes 32 bit is lame...but free is good. 64 bit drivers, software are finally getting the attention they deserve.

Last edited by Natedog; 07-08-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #137
Rock Crawler

Ok, got the radio all programmed and set up to run my 3 ch punk dig. I am having an issue with it saving my trim settings when turning the radio off. Each time I turn it off and back on the trims reset to "0", am I missing something with saving the settings to the model memory. Before the new firmware you had to select "enter" when you adjusted trim so it would save, however after the update hitting enter just takes you back to the main screen, its supposed to save automatically. I have read the manual several times but cant find any info. Any ideas?
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

I'm also having the same issue with the trims. Every time I turn the radio off they all reset to 0. Very annoying to say the least.

Also, is there any software that doesn't tie the expo to the total servo travel? The ones I've tried, as you dial in the expo, the servo has less travel.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #139
Got Worms?

Im away from my radio right now, till Mon evening...but try using the back button till home screen. Or try using the sub trim (long enter on trim I think)
Old 07-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #140
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
Ok, got the radio all programmed and set up to run my 3 ch punk dig. I am having an issue with it saving my trim settings when turning the radio off. Each time I turn it off and back on the trims reset to "0", am I missing something with saving the settings to the model memory. Before the new firmware you had to select "enter" when you adjusted trim so it would save, however after the update hitting enter just takes you back to the main screen, its supposed to save automatically. I have read the manual several times but cant find any info. Any ideas?
Same problem here. Tried the back out till home screen, and still doesn't save. I'll try the trim button thing later.

Also, does any one know if the large splice thing on the 6 channel rx's has to stay or can it be cut off without any problems?
rhett314 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM