Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Website for Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Exclamation Website for Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers

I am pleased to announce the creation of the new Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers website, linked here;

Activated Outlaw

The Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers website has a FREE download and printable scoresheet. The scoresheet has a list of the Competition and Activated (scale) classes, as well as the rules for the competition.

The Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers website has a photo gallery and video section of our events.

We have much more planned for the website and Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers. Thank you to all the attendants that have been coming out since February 2019 on the first Saturday of the month. Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers has been made possible through your participation and feedback. Without y'all, this organization would not be what it already is. I greatly appreciate you all as we work towards growing a Fair, Fun, and Repeatable sanctioning body.

#activatedoutlaw #crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2021, 06:26 PM   #2
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Website for Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers

Just a thought* I was wondering now that the micro crawlers are getting so popular, like1/24th 1/18th and so on will you be running any of these at your comps? I was also interested in what the rules would be for gate width, body size, tire sizes. Just a thought. I do like what you are doing with the rules. Make it simple. If it's too complex nobody wants to deal with all the little tecnicalitys, all I see is different views of the same rule because nobody understands them. I have seen guys take a full blown comp rig and cut some frame rails and bolt them on to be "legal." Bolting a couple rails on a comp rig doesn't make it a scaler. Simple rules keeps it fair. This is my opinion, but I know guys that wont run because of all the trucks he calls cheaters. Our Comps are very small now. If we get 6 guys it's a good night. The scaler guys get 15 or 20 every week. I know its apples and oranges but the natural progression is scalers.. shaftys.. MOA. If you want national events then EVERY rig gets to go through tech and have to pass all points. Nobody gets a free pass at that level. I know clubs will setup their own rules but it's great to have a mindset that tries to get new people involved. It's more fun to compete with more people than to compete with 1 or 2 guys every week. My hats of to you gentlemen for keeping the sport moving forward.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: Website for Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Just a thought* I was wondering now that the micro crawlers are getting so popular, like1/24th 1/18th and so on will you be running any of these at your comps? I was also interested in what the rules would be for gate width, body size, tire sizes. Just a thought. I do like what you are doing with the rules. Make it simple. If it's too complex nobody wants to deal with all the little tecnicalitys, all I see is different views of the same rule because nobody understands them. I have seen guys take a full blown comp rig and cut some frame rails and bolt them on to be "legal." Bolting a couple rails on a comp rig doesn't make it a scaler. Simple rules keeps it fair. This is my opinion, but I know guys that wont run because of all the trucks he calls cheaters. Our Comps are very small now. If we get 6 guys it's a good night. The scaler guys get 15 or 20 every week. I know its apples and oranges but the natural progression is scalers.. shaftys.. MOA. If you want national events then EVERY rig gets to go through tech and have to pass all points. Nobody gets a free pass at that level. I know clubs will setup their own rules but it's great to have a mindset that tries to get new people involved. It's more fun to compete with more people than to compete with 1 or 2 guys every week. My hats of to you gentlemen for keeping the sport moving forward.

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement and sharing your experience. These rules are already being used by clubs and hobby stores around the country. I traveled to Galveston, Texas last weekend to participate in the Space City Crawlers event on the beach that used the Activated Rule set. They had roughly 20 participants, and everyone had a fun time. Emphasis on FUN. Rules that are Fair, Fun, and Repeatable is why this sanctioning body has a bright future. Especially as more people experience it for themselves.

In regards to expanding the rules, I have been asked by several other hobbyists to create a rule set for the 1/24th micro, and U4 racing. I already have a lot responsibilities, but it is something I am already pondering and collecting information from other hobbyists to create.

Thank you for your interest.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activated outlaw, ayala metal works, crawler innovations, double deuce, lil nova

Website for Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers - Crawler Innovations Rule Set & Classes Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 16 07-18-2020 11:55 PM
Get Together; 03/07/2020; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Texas 2 03-04-2020 06:29 PM
Video interview of Edmundo @ Activated Outlaw Get Together 08/03/2019 Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 0 08-09-2019 08:21 AM
Get Together; 03/02/2019; Crawler Innovations; Ayala Metal Works; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Texas 7 03-27-2019 10:19 AM