Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Alabama

Notices

Thread: Crawling Locations In/Around Huntsville

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2018, 11:16 AM   #1

Default Crawling Locations In/Around Huntsville

My wife and I just relocated to Huntsville, so I'm looking for new places to take the R/C crawlers.

When we lived in Birmingham, we frequented Moss Rock Preserve and Ruffner Mountain, so we're looking for places like that around here: good, varied terrain, streams, rocky paths, etc.
We also loved Noccalula Falls in Gadsden. The terrain there is perfect as well.

I checked the map stickied at the beginning of this forum, but it's pretty out of date and the nearest locations marked on it are an hour away. Anyone have a line on some good local places?

I'm going to just start hitting parks/preserves at random this weekend, I guess.
xexyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #2

Default Re: Crawling Locations In/Around Huntsville

I live in Hazel Green. Just north of Huntsville. I goto 3 caves walking trail in Huntsville. Its in Five Points. Just google 3 caves huntsville walking trail. Its pretty good. Alot of trails and rocks. Ive only been twice. Havent ran across a creek or stream yet but havent been to far in there. Also theres a place in Madison called Rainbow Mtn Greenway that ive seen pictures from that looks pretty good. Im wanting to check it out soon. Also if you have facebook look for a group called Tennessee Valley RC Crawlers and Scalers. Theyre all pretty muh around the Huntsville area and go alot of different places around here. Thats where I find out about places to go around here
256crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256crawler View Post
I live in Hazel Green. Just north of Huntsville. I goto 3 caves walking trail in Huntsville. Its in Five Points. Just google 3 caves huntsville walking trail. Its pretty good. Alot of trails and rocks. Ive only been twice. Havent ran across a creek or stream yet but havent been to far in there. Also theres a place in Madison called Rainbow Mtn Greenway that ive seen pictures from that looks pretty good. Im wanting to check it out soon. Also if you have facebook look for a group called Tennessee Valley RC Crawlers and Scalers. Theyre all pretty muh around the Huntsville area and go alot of different places around here. Thats where I find out about places to go around here
Hey my friend I'm new to trail trucks and crawling but find it very interesting. Looking to get with some people to learn from. you can find me on Facebook messenger as Kennedy John. I just got a Traxxas bronco XLT. I have been flying RC planes for a while but saw this on RC adventures an wanted to try it. Give me a yell . Let's crawl.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
johnmkennedy2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #4

Let ma know there going to be a few of us going December 23 at the land trust. I figure about 20 people will show up. Just send me a message. I dont get on hear much. Jamief454@gmail.com
Jamfowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Crawling Locations In/Around Huntsville - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mn crawling locations freetimecrawler Minnesota 161 10-19-2022 03:05 PM
Crawling locations Whiplashdjs General Crawlers 23 03-15-2019 02:54 PM
Crawling Locations? smartin74 California 3 07-20-2015 08:48 AM
Anyone Crawling or Trailing around Livingston, Woodville, Huntsville, Lufkin estlin76 Texas 15 01-05-2013 07:11 AM