Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hpi Jolt+R ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hpi Jolt+R ESC

Does anyone know the maximum number of turns this esc can handle? Ive looked all over and cant find it.
pbfrk4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
Keep it real

It's not the maximum, but the minimum you need to worry about. For example, if an esc is rated to handle a 27t motor, it will handle any motor with more turns than that, just not less turns.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Hmm ok. I have seen esc's that say 9-35t and a more exensive model says like 7-37t.

So i could run a 65t lathe with a jolt+r esc and be ok?
pbfrk4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #4

Exclamation hpi wheely king esc

http://myrcmt.com/review/wheely/

The electronic speed control, a critical part of any electric vehicle, can make night-and-day difference in the way a vehicle drives. With the Wheely King you get HPI's Jolt +R high-frequency ESC. Those are the words you want to see--high frequency and reversing. An ESC that isn't smooth makes any car feel like a piece of crap and reverse is a must for any backyard basher. The Jolt is rated for motors down to 20-turns and will work with 6-and 7-cell battery packs. Perhaps the best feature of the Jolt is the fact that it's waterproof. Nice.

With 18t motor:

I was so psyched to see that after running for over 20 minutes straight, the ESC was no hotter than it got with the stock motor. Remember the Jolt ESC is rated for motors with no fewer than 20 turns and this Multiplex is 18t. I was a little worried about this at first, but I figured that since the Jolt has overheat protection and a replaceable fuse, the worst that would happen would be the fuse breaks, and I'd have to get a new one and not use this motor. People with Emaxx trucks run these motors too, and while they are technically below the safe limit for the stock Emaxx ESC, guys say the ESC runs cooler than it does with the stock motors. I asked fellow RCMT.net member TXTmaniac how that could be and he said it's all a matter of efficiency. The Multiplex motors are more efficient, draw less current, and put out more power. Gotta love that.
HoaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I have been running a Venom 15t double.I have run an Epic 3300mah bat. through it 45 times so far with no problems,I have a heat sink on the esc and i'm runnimg 96/17 gearing I'm thinking about trying a 15t.
ridgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

man i dont know how water proof they are i have seen one smokin from water now i wouold be careful in water
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote