Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Lake Havasu Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #61
Rock Stacker

Work is good. Sunday should be cool. May be drag'n, but I will do my best to be there ready to go.

The comp., this will be my first, I'm sure I'll be getting schooled. But I hope it is a learning experience, that will help us all.
SWelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #62
Rock Stacker

Survived the comp. in Vegas yesterday. Had a great time. SinCityRcRC put on a great event.

All is on for today at Sara Park for noon. Hope to see everyone out and some new faces.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #63
Rock Stacker

i`ll see ya there. new front foams to try out.
yz120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #64
Rock Stacker

Good time today and great to see new faces. I guess I should have done a little more wrenching before going out today. Look forward to seeing everyone next week.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #65

Well the body has been lowered and trimmed. Hope it works better this next Sunday
Nightfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

I think you will notice the difference. Not as top heavy.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWelte View Post
Survived the comp. in Vegas yesterday. Had a great time. SinCityRcRC put on a great event.

All is on for today at Sara Park for noon. Hope to see everyone out and some new faces.

glad to hear you had a good time! you're welcome back any time, all of you guys are. we'd like to make it down there for an event some time as well.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

It’s on for this Sunday at Sara Park.

Also I have been checking out rock formations as I drive and two spots that look interesting is the Craigy Wash area and along the power line road north of the airport. I have been in the Craigy area but I wasn’t paying attention for rc crawling at the time. The one issue is driving on dirt roads to get to some of the spots. I don’t have a problem but I don’t want to assume it’s ok with everyone. The thing that would be nice is to find an area that we could drive right up to. This would help some that may have a hard time walking any distance. If you see an area that looks good and have time to check it out please do and if it looks like an area we could lay out a few course let us know and we can try it out. I’m trying to keep this interesting so we don’t get bored. It would be nice to find a spot that we could possibly host a comp….in the future. Also I think the every week thing is working out, if not let me know and we can see what works for all. Then if people want to get together outside those dates they can. But you tell me. I will do what I can, every week, every other week, or once a month. I want his to work the best it can for everyone. We are showing good growth in the short time (2 months) we have been doing this. I want to continue to grow and everyone to have fun.

Also I have been asked a few times what we call our group. This would be for publications so that they can identify us.
This is what I was thinking: nine28rcrc
Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 AM   #69

Default Craggy Wash

The craggy wash area a normal car can drive most all the way back. Around 1.5 mile mark it does get a lil bumpy.
Nightfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #70
Rock Stacker

Yeah, I have been back there a lot, just didn't look for crawl spots. I figure if they can get drive large motorhomes back in a passenger car or truck would make it no problem.

Thanks for the spelling on Craggy, I had a feeling it was wrong.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #71

It's on for Sunday. Dig working, New radio, teaked on the rear suspension. Looking forward to the crawl. And the name sounds fine Scott. Maybe "nine28crawl," but whatever, i don't mind either way.
hatt0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

Good deal Josh. Did you get the tires mounted up?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #73

Sure did with a little help from some CA glue, and i love them some far. Plus the dig is looking like it's going to come in handy quite often. Looking forward to crawl sunday. See all you guys there.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #74
Rock Stacker

That one tire give you a little trouble?. The dig is a crutch.......haha, It's nice and now that I use it more I wouldn't want to drive with out. Still learning the radio/dig set-up. Glad you are going to make it out Sunday. Is your boss going to come out or does he have bigger toys to work on?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #75
Rock Stacker

On Josh's idea, maybe drop an "r" and make it: nine28rcc
Remote Control Crawling instead of Remote Control RockCrawling
Old 01-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #76

Hey Scott, yeah i see how the dig is going to help and be very useful. Also the name sounds good i did not know that it stood for anything untill you said something. And it looks like the boss (Shawn) is going to be busy working on a real rig (haha). But i'll keep buggin him. See you guys out there tomarrow.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #77
Rock Stacker

Great day out on the rocks today. It's pretty funny how we are all getting competitive with our driving and our rigs.

REMEMBER.........While out driving, if you see a spot check it out.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #78
Rock Stacker

great day on the rocks,the new setup works good-need more seat time to really see if it is any better.
scott,josh,mike & todds rigs all worked well.
yeh,GTG`s seem to be workin for everyones setups

nine28rcrc rocks
yz120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:06 AM   #79
Rock Stacker

Mike your rig was pretty damn good too. I think your set up is nice. Josh had is working nice too. Now with some more practise, knowing the rigs, the next comp should be a little easier.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #80

Had a good time crawling sunday minus the continous break downs, thanks for all those who lended me parts to keep on crawling. Mike i really like your setup and your rig looked really clean and seemed to handle just about anything. I think Scott got screwed by breaking i'm sure he had some battery left to find some new lines. Any way had fun, and i'll keep my eye out for new crawl spots.