Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Lake Havasu Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #101

unfortunately we crawled at the same spot we always do. I drove over there and waited for people to show for about 20 minutes, after no one showed i drove over to the orignal spot where i found some rc's. Mike and his friend Shane and I just messed around trying new lines. no course, no ladders, nothing special but still very fun. And i didn't break anything on the truck. So next week if you one has plans for superbowl which i guess starts at 2, we should totally go to "White Rock" and hit up some new lines. Scott hope you had fun painting, maybe you'll have time next week to crawl. And maybe get that rock pit in the back yard going one day. That we'll be great.
hatt0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #102
Rock Stacker

I think we should hit White Rock on Sunday. I am going to do my best to make it out. Maybe a move on Saturday and some on Sunday with a Super Bowl get together throw'n in the mix. I can't miss two weeks, it was hard not to run 1 week. We need to mix it up and this could be a cool spot. That's it Josh made the call......White Rock on Sunday.
SWelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #103

Sound like a plan to me, plus i got a little something coming this week that will totally change my rig, inspired by mike's rig. can't wait till it gets here! bet you can't guess what it is. Hey Scott i'm sure you heard it a thousand times but if you need a hand just let me know.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #104
Rock Stacker

Changes to the rig....um, I may have something going on too. Thanks for the offer.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #105
Rock Stacker

did i start something????????????
yz120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #106

OK weekends coming up, who's gonna ba at White Rock on sunday, (roll call), is Scott gonna be able to make it, and is mike gonna ditch the family and crawl. i think the spots gonna be pretty cool, sweet lines. haven't got to test my "new" rig yet but it's looking pretty bad ass right now. by the way who has losi rockcrawler shocks they want to sell me. anyway, hope to see you guys out there, if you need more direction just let me know.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #107
Rock Stacker

Roll call for movers.......haha. I am goint to do my best to make it. After a week of 12 to 13 hour days working on the house then the move I figure by Sunday afternoon I will need a break. White Rock sounds good. I will try to let John and Ron know if they don't see it here first.
New rig.....Oh boy, let the games begin.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #108
Rock Stacker

by the way who has losi rockcrawler shocks they want to sell me.

josh,i have 4) mis-matched 4" shocks that you can try out to see if thats what you need.
they are not losi`s but they are 4"(traxxas rears and duratrax rears)
let me know so we can be sure you have something to use.

pm sent
Old 01-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #109

So how's it looking for sunday, who will be able to go. i guess, i'll be at the trail entrance at Noon tomarrow, and wait for some people and then head in so we don't lose any body. But it would be nice to know who is all going so we don't forget anyone. How's the move going Scott, is the pile getting smaller . Hope to see everyone tomarrow, looking forward to test the new rig seems to be way more capable. COMP ready
Old 01-31-2009, 07:14 PM   #110
Rock Stacker

we`ll be there at the new parking spot!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:04 PM   #111

Cool

I have to say I am not sure where white rock is, but I am ready. Been cutting on tubes and making the wheelbase smaller and some other mods and I really need to test them out.
Nightfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #112

Question Question

Ok, I watched a full size comp today on TV and they showed the controls for the trucks. On them they have what we would call DIG, but of course it is more advanced. So my question is why are we not allowed to use DIG in comp? Also they use a spotter that can add or subtract from the terrain so the truck can make a line now that sounds a lil unfair but i would like to understand the use of DIG in comps.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #113

We'll Mike (nightfalls), if you think about it you as a driver of your rc truck is the spotter, but as for the dig, i'm with you on that. I'm not certain on the rules but i think they should let people use digs. They might have a dig capable class, not sure, we'll have to ask Scott or Mike and see what they were allowed to do at the comp they went to in vegas. Anyway about White Rock, just park down at the next trail head entrance and be there about noon ish and we'll show you how to get there, it's not that hard at all. Headed to church, see you guys there.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:29 AM   #114

Well replacement parts ordered and I hope they make it in before this next weekend. This weekend is the Parker 400 I belive so are we still going to meet up?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #115

Well right now as it stands i will be free this upcoming sunday to crawl. But i don't know if my truck will be ready. Needs steering servo, so if anyone has a super torquer they want to sell let me know what you got. Scott do you have anything laying around in your rc parts. no hitec 645's, i would like something with monster torque if possible. i was wondering what people thought of White Rock. in my own opinion, it was cool but kinda not a good spot to set up a course or comp at, fun to play around for a while but it seemed like you were either going up or down. Maybe try some spots a little before you get to White Rock might be some what easy to get to and better to crawl for everyone. i didn't mind the walk but i think some people did. Anyway let me know your opinion and we'll have to keep our eyes out for more spots. Next time i'll bring my camera and get pics and post them up here on rccrawler to show off.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #116
Rock Stacker

So I hope eveyone had a good time yesterday, sorry I didn't make it. I was about to walk out the door when the a water leak sprung up.
As for the dig question, which I'm sure you already have the answer but just incase, in novice comp. "no dig", in pro/expert "dig". And I will be ready for some crawling next weekend.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #117

I had a good time crawling last week, new terrain was fun but probably not comp worthy, seemed like your either going up or down. Still had fun playing around. Wonder what other people thought of the place. There is a couple other spots before you get to White Rock that looked like fun too. My steering servo went belly up, so i got to get a new one but i'm torn what to do. Had a wiggle, worked great but would love more power. But $115 for one right now seems out of reach. If anyone has a kick ass servo they want to sell, let me know. Sound like we are going to Parker whether the truck wants to or not. But the race is saturday, so hopfully i will be able to crawl sunday. Hope to see Scott out there next week, this no crawling stuff got to be killing you huh Scott.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #118
Rock Stacker

Damn it.....now Parker is on. I don't know if I will make it just to go, but if Shawn needs help let me know. Would give me an excuse to get out of here. I am on for Sunday, Where every it may be. No crawling makes me not so happy.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #119
Rock Stacker

Sorry no servos' in stock.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #120

Default new

I just bought a Venom Creeper a couple of weeks ago. Saw your sign at Dick and it sounds like you guys have a good group. I was going to tray and meet you guys last weekend but new baaby and family makes it hard to go off road. Where do you guys think you will be next week end, and I dont have a truck so do you have to have 4x4 to get where your going.
sil80det is offline   Reply With Quote