Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: I'm new. Local Hobby Shops?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default I'm new. Local Hobby Shops?

Hey guys. I just moved down to sunny Anthem, Arizona from rainy Beaverton, Oregon. I'm only here for a couple of months but I did bring along my mini crawler and my emaxx truggy. I need some parts for the emaxx and also may eventually need parts for the mini crawler (if I break any while i'm here), so what hobby shops do you guys go to? Are there any in the northern phoenix area? I don't mind driving 30 or 40 minutes but it would be cool if there was one near by.

Also I noticed that werock is in tucson in april. I think i'm going to try to go to that. That sounds like fun. And I'll be sure to bring the toys :]
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to the valley of the sun... Get ready for summer, its gonna be a new experience in heat for you

I think the closest hobby shop to you is Hobby Bench on bell and 43rd. There is another hobby bench on 19th and northern (little farther south) but I wouldn't go there to get pissed on if I was on fire, they have some management/customer service issues.

There is not much on the north side there really. If you venture a little west there is 1 Hobbies on Grand and Dysart. Great new shop, good guys and willing to get in anything you need if they don't have it.

Feel free to contact me if you need more specific directions etc...
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
RCC Addict

thanks a bunch jason! I might go check out that one on bell this week. And about the summer, I was down here in september last year and it was 110 and humid (i assume it wouldn't be quite as shocking if it was the normal "dry heat" ). hahaha it is a very unique feeling to say the least!

jon

Last edited by RCMFMaxxMan; 03-24-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Speedsports is up by the 17 just north of the 101. The crawler store is located in glendale but don't think they have a store front?
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

TCS is great to order from, they are in the valley, so if you order by Noon you usually get it next day.

Franks is around the loop 101 off of I-17. They have a good selection, but can be spendy.

Matt at Hobby Action in Tempe is good to deal with. It's a bit farther, but worth the drive.

You coming to the PARC comp on Sunday?
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up for the guys at HobbyAction in Tempe! They always treat me right and have a course inside their shop you can crawl on!
jeepman128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I agree with hobby action. Thats where I bought my MRC from, those guys are very cool, too bad they are on the other side of town from Surprise or I'd spend a lot more time in there.
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #8
RCC Addict

hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like hobby bench on bell and speed sports is closest to me. I'll have to go check those out. I would like to go check out the comp on sunday but most likely i wont feel like driving an hour. We'll have to just wait and see. What time are the parc comps? If I came, I'd probably just come to hang out or possibly run 1.9 just for fun.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like hobby bench on bell and speed sports is closest to me. I'll have to go check those out. I would like to go check out the comp on sunday but most likely i wont feel like driving an hour. We'll have to just wait and see. What time are the parc comps? If I came, I'd probably just come to hang out or possibly run 1.9 just for fun.
Look Here:
P.A.R.C. COMP #4 at the OLD PAPAGO PARK 3/29/09

-Rick
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by conejo View Post
TCS is great to order from, they are in the valley, so if you order by Noon you usually get it next day.

Matt at Hobby Action in Tempe is good to deal with. It's a bit farther, but worth the drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman128 View Post
Thumbs up for the guys at HobbyAction in Tempe! They always treat me right and have a course inside their shop you can crawl on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJones View Post
I agree with hobby action. Thats where I bought my MRC from, those guys are very cool, too bad they are on the other side of town from Surprise or I'd spend a lot more time in there.
THANKS WE LIKE YOU TO
SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

not to mention besides TCS, hobby action is prob the only place with crawler parts.
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by conejo View Post

Franks is around the loop 101 off of I-17. They have a good selection, but can be spendy.

What? Franks is where? Rich is right, there is a Franks on the north side, but look more around the SR51 and Cactus area....sorry Rich, but it was one of those days....:-P
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
RCC Addict

i was just on the speed sports website (http://www.speedsportsusa.net/) and it looks like they have a crawler course as well. I would assume they stock crawler parts....?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
i was just on the speed sports website (http://www.speedsportsusa.net/) and it looks like they have a crawler course as well. I would assume they stock crawler parts....?
Your assumption would be wrong. As far as the crawler course goes, let us just say that it is "interesting" at best. It is more of a rock racing course. I went and scoped it out and to say the least was not impressed with the place. Staff was not too friendly (unless you consider someone giving you the evil eye friendly), lack of crawler parts (except for the over priced set of pro-line cheyenne's and Moab XL's), and a joke of a crawler course.

Now don't jump me for my opinion, it is just that, MY OPINION. It is too bad speed sport is that way, they have a great facility and I love the on-site sports bar. If they were friendlier, maybe I would come back, but I really don't see that happening.

I guess the customer service at Hobby Action and TCS just have me spoiled.
ncgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Alec,
you don't know it but I give you the evil eye every time you order
LOL

Franks is at 32nd st and cactus

Jeff
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

This thread is getting out of hand. Can we get a moderator in here....????
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:59 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue10 View Post
This thread is getting out of hand. Can we get a moderator in here....????
Pound Salt Jim
Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgoose View Post
Your assumption would be wrong. As far as the crawler course goes, let us just say that it is "interesting" at best. It is more of a rock racing course. I went and scoped it out and to say the least was not impressed with the place. Staff was not too friendly (unless you consider someone giving you the evil eye friendly), lack of crawler parts (except for the over priced set of pro-line cheyenne's and Moab XL's), and a joke of a crawler course.

Now don't jump me for my opinion, it is just that, MY OPINION. It is too bad speed sport is that way, they have a great facility and I love the on-site sports bar. If they were friendlier, maybe I would come back, but I really don't see that happening.

I guess the customer service at Hobby Action and TCS just have me spoiled.
o i c so it cool 2 just go bustin on other peepoles plases just becuze u had 1 bad expirence thare!? I bet evyerbody had it like you hu? mayb it just u givin evli eye! mayb u shud cool dwon 4 a sec. we jist tocking bowt stuffs like gude stors. thay not all bad lik u says. U porblaby just has bad daiye. And bi teh way! I no my 4wd covernterd traxas rutsler can pwnz yours aixal!

yes moderator take care of this guy

Last edited by RCMFMaxxMan; 03-27-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
o i c so it cool 2 just go bustin on other peepoles plases just becuze u had 1 bad expirence thare!? I bet evyerbody had it like you hu? mayb it just u givin evli eye! mayb u shud cool dwon 4 a sec. we jist tocking bowt stuffs like gude stors. thay not all bad lik u says. U porblaby just has bad daiye. And bi teh way! I no my 4wd covernterd traxas rutsler can pwnz yours aixal!

yes moderator take care of this guy
Wow - so much for free speech.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #20
Syd
Quarry Creeper

Not sure on any hobbyshops that are on the northside;
But I do know there's a indoor crawler site somewhere in phoneix
(not sure though)
I do know of hobbyshops that are;

Hobby Action-Tempe
Royal Hobbies-Chandler
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Royal carries TONS OF TRAXXAS STUFF!

An theres Hobby Town-gilbert

Hobby towns a ok place, kinda crappy people.
But they;ve got some what alot of parts.

Also try Scottsdale Raceway to
I've only been there once..
Good offroad track for your EMAXX

Hope this helps you some;
Sorry if there far locations;
I'm all the way in Maricopa the City;
17 miles south of 1-10 an Wildhorse Pass
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote