RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Arizona (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/arizona/)
-   -   Who is going to worlds? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/arizona/190741-who-going-worlds.html)

The Violator 07-24-2009 05:29 PM

Who is going to worlds?

A couple of the Yuma guys are going to worlds in Donner Lake and was wondering who else was going an where are you staying. I hit up the lodge and its booked up. I guess its priceline for me, I usually save some money that way. When are you leaving. Maybe we could meet up and caravan of some sort. Just some ideas. I would like for the Az guys to represent.

bmuzz1 07-24-2009 08:15 PM

Well John (MThead), Brett (1stockliberty) and myself are driving out on Wednesday night or I guess you could say morning between 12 and 2am probably so we can arrive by 2 or so in the afternoon on Thursday. As for where we're staying I'm not sure, John is handling that part.

Iknow that Rob (Redlinerob) and Darwin (928darwin) are driving out from Prescott but not sure when and which way they are planning on going.

Ghost 07-24-2009 09:31 PM

So who won Nationals???? and who decided who is going to worlds??? I am confuzed:shock:
No discredit to our AZ boys who deserved to go to NATIONALS but WTF who decided its now the Worlds,
and the change of venue at the last moment???? I think we need to step back and take a look at what is going on here, flame me if you want but I feel its all about money not crawling like it used to be.!

bmuzz1 07-24-2009 10:30 PM

I can't say I entirely disagree with you but at the same time whether they call it the Nationals, World's or whatever and run it in Moab, Donner or BFE I am in this year and super excited to represent my club and state at this years event!

And for those that say the winner this year isn't the "real" champ because Joe Schmo didn't show up...well they can bite me!!!:twisted::flipoff:

Redlinerob 07-24-2009 11:34 PM

Worlds

Darwin and I are leaving wed. morning about 5:00 am. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Truckee. Five miles from Comp. site. I'm sure that we can all meet up. Lets go kick some :flipoff: ass . Redlinerob

jamesdicken 07-25-2009 11:29 AM

i think that the name "worlds" is better because it will bring people from all over and also if rcc says this is the world championship, then it is!

winkscrawler 07-25-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmuzz1 (Post 1908848)
I can't say I entirely disagree with you but at the same time whether they call it the Nationals, World's or whatever and run it in Moab, Donner or BFE I am in this year and super excited to represent my club and state at this years event!

And for those that say the winner this year isn't the "real" champ because Joe Schmo didn't show up...well they can bite me!!!:twisted::flipoff:

Brian, You might have a chance since I wont be there. So you cant really be a CHAMP!:mrgreen:

bmuzz1 07-25-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winkscrawler (Post 1909477)
Brian, You might have a chance since I wont be there. So you cant really be a CHAMP!:mrgreen:

Bite Me Ryan!!:flipoff:

The Violator 07-25-2009 06:50 PM

If I understand the events as they unfolded, there was never a firm date or place until it was announced as worlds. Everybody just ass-u-me'd it would be in Moab in September. I noticed that there does not seem to be allot of people signing up to go. I for one am trying for the LCQ and hopefully will be getting to drive. If not, spectator is what I will be. There are many sob stories about why so and so is not going, how its not fair. I guess if your driving from Arkansas it does add some time to the trip. But in the grand skeem of things I think its more toddlers throwing a tantrum than the extra miles. After meeting the guys who are putting it on personally ( Jake and Parker) I think it will be a great event. Parker has got to be the funniest guy I have met in years, and Jake was not only a great driver, he was a class act. Maybe people might not like CKRC, and they might not be happy about the change of venue, but not going is cutting off your nose to spite your face.