Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: one hobbies rock crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

i havent read the last few posts here but i would like to offer up some materials. a buddy of my fathers just demo'ed out a very large section of concrete slab. hes got abo0ut 22 tons. i know its not the best but it can be used for filler if needed.

pm if they want some of it.
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

oct 15-18.... is that the weekend of the corr event? i hope it is. then ill kill 2 birds with one large stone. if u need a carpenter let me know. i've been building houses for about 8 years and i pretty much got nothing going but school right now that only takes 3 days a weekof my time. i will gladly donate my time to help design and build. i think having crawlers help with the design stage will be a real advantage to making this happen!

once again. pm me if needed, im only about 10 minutes from the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weazel View Post
Guys,
Yes a rock crawling course and rock wars racing course are under development. As Tom spoke to earlier we do now have our material supplier on board. For the most part Andy and I have a very good design in mind, but to hold true to our Nitro Pit heritage we are going to build a world class design. As we all know this takes time to plan. I am fully consumed with our World Championship race coming oct 15-18. This course will be built following that race. The plans are for last weekend of oct first of nov. to build. I will take all the help I can get to get this thing done in early November.

Thanks Jeff
Old 09-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

i will help all you need i go there all the time
dunerdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbio4422 View Post
oct 15-18.... is that the weekend of the corr event? i hope it is. then ill kill 2 birds with one large stone. if u need a carpenter let me know. i've been building houses for about 8 years and i pretty much got nothing going but school right now that only takes 3 days a weekof my time. i will gladly donate my time to help design and build. i think having crawlers help with the design stage will be a real advantage to making this happen!

once again. pm me if needed, im only about 10 minutes from the shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerdude69 View Post
i will help all you need i go there all the time
Yes, Same weekend as CORR!! Thanks Guys I will certainly accept your help at the time of the build. As for broken concrete really do not have a use for it wa are using sand bags for filler, but Thank You for the offer. Grand Sprinkler supply has come on as a sponsor and we have access to the finest hard scape material at N/C
The Weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

just some more ideas.

RCR's indoor Crawling Wall

I hobby 2009 crawler course build thread
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Nice course build threads.

I know they want to stay more with real rock.

I can't wait to get it built, only problem is it is so far away, may have to move at some point.
AZrcdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZrcdriver View Post
Nice course build threads.

I know they want to stay more with real rock.

I can't wait to get it built, only problem is it is so far away, may have to move at some point.
Tom,
You are correct! We are trying to stay very realistic the plan right now will be a combination of real rock with rebar framed stucco covered climbs with areas to insert rocks from Novice to Expert size/skill, Several bridges - cable and wood, a wooden structure that is modular to allow changes, an area of cargo net with holes large enough to swallow a tire, And just maybe an elevator.

I am planning our build dates as Nov 2,3 & 4 and Nov 9,10 & 11. I am slowly procuring the material and getting delivered to One Hobbies. Any one that would like to come and share in the build is welcome! I will keep all posted here!

Thx Jeff
Old 10-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

any updates
dunerdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #29

Quote:
Guys,
Yes a rock crawling course and rock wars racing course are under development. As Tom spoke to earlier we do now have our material supplier on board. For the most part Andy and I have a very good design in mind, but to hold true to our Nitro Pit heritage we are going to build a world class design. As we all know this takes time to plan. I am fully consumed with our World Championship race coming oct 15-18. This course will be built following that race. The plans are for last weekend of oct first of nov. to build. I will take all the help I can get to get this thing done in early November.

Thanks Jeff

Update, One hobbies is looking into expanding into the retail space next door! This is great, but has put a delay on the build. Looks as if we will be building inside next door after the paper work is completed. More news to follow as Chris develops his plan.

Thx Jeff
Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Update, One hobbies is looking into expanding into the retail space next door! This is great, but has put a delay on the build. Looks as if we will be building inside next door after the paper work is completed. More news to follow as Chris develops his plan.

Thx Jeff
made a trip out to the shop the other day... when will you guy have some basic crawler parts?

with the female take over @ hobby action.... and the possible expansion of one hobby... now is the time!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbio4422 View Post
made a trip out to the shop the other day... when will you guy have some basic crawler parts?

with the female take over @ hobby action.... and the possible expansion of one hobby... now is the time!

We have been building our supply on the as needed basis. Right now we all have AX10's so not to much to stock, but Chris can order anything and will build the inventor based on what is ordered. If this sounds good to you I encourage you to grab some part #'s and stop by to meet him and get them ordered. After he gets to know you he will order by email for you as well as begin to build our inventory.

You are correct as the new SQFT develops there will be an indoor crawing course with all of the needed parts/upgrades on hand.

Thx Jeff
Old 11-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Stopped by one hobbies last weekend and saw they started on their rock wall build. Forgot to take a picture while I was there...found a pic on rctech though Forgot the the guys name who I talked to that is building it, but said the plans are to take it all the way to the right to the door way and wrap around and cover the backside of the wall.

and a micro course....
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Cool, somewhere to go play when it's 115* out!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #34

i am the one building the course at one hobbies started another section but i dont have a lot of time to devote to the build so its going slow but its open to go crawl now on the sections in the pics above
foolish 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #35
Gold Star Baby!

If you are indeed the one building this......I would recommend posting up a "Build-a-course..GTG"..you might be surprised how many of us would show...

check out the photos from new mexico...these were in a hobby shop called RCR... GOOD IDEAS !! check out the ceiling bridges!
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
If you are indeed the one building this......I would recommend posting up a "Build-a-course..GTG"..you might be surprised how many of us would show...

check out the photos from new mexico...these were in a hobby shop called RCR... GOOD IDEAS !! check out the ceiling bridges!
I was so effin tired when those pics were taken. Thats what 14 hours of crawling will do to you
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #37

i could use the help but not ever sure of when i can be there to work on it
Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #38

We are back to building been crazy with the holidays . Hoping to have a comp in febuary sometime .
Old 01-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

so where exactly is this place located? has there been any progress, pics?
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #40

Its on the south east corner of dysart and grand no pics yet but soon